PDA

View Full Version : Bugged Characters, Wizards, Shamans, Clerics.

Celestial
10-24-2004, 10:48 AM
I'm having a problem with Wizard, Shamans and clerics so far. Upon reaching level 39 it seems that problems arise and the client cannot login the character.

What was confusing and very strange was that other people could log in the character, just not the client that had been playing it till level 39. Now my first thought was, its probably a spell, but that didnt make sense because others could log the character in. Then my next thought was, it must be the client files, so i reinstalled EQ fresh and the problem still persisted, yet people could still log in the character.

Today, i had someone delete all the spells from the spell book, and this problem hasn't occured ever since. My question, how the heck does this get fixed if i dont know exactly what spell it is, except that i think it might be the level 39 spells (which narrows it down).

I play on the PEQ The Grand Creation server and this has been a problem for me and many other players for quite a while now. I hope others can post of a similar problem so this can be fixed and gone for ever!

Scorpx725
10-24-2004, 11:05 AM
You could scribe all your spells for each level, and log out, see if you get the problem. Then once you find out which level of spells its in, have someone else delete every spell of that level, till you can log in. May take a while, but it'll narrow it down to the problem :?

Celestial
10-24-2004, 12:34 PM
Yes i plan on doing that, it will just take a while. Id like to know how many people are having this problem so we can collectively figure this out.

Scorpx725
10-24-2004, 01:06 PM
I myself havent had it.. yet. I intend to give TGC PEQ a try, but until then your own your own.

Hope you get it fixed, sounds like a major bug.

Celestial
10-24-2004, 04:17 PM
Actually i have about half a dozen people that experienced the same problem, i want to get to the bottom of this. If you play on PEQ TGC server and level a wizard/shaman/cleric or maybe other class to 39 and experience the same problem please post here. Or if this happens on other servers, which im not aware, please post here.

sotonin
10-24-2004, 06:08 PM
PEQTGC uses stock cvs now. What we run is set into cvs. and when cvs is updated, so is ours. So it's not specfic to our server :lol:

Celestial
10-29-2004, 06:09 AM
Yeah, i have no doubt its not just PEQTGC but i must mention it cause apparently no one is having that problem or aren't posting.

cofruben
10-30-2004, 06:37 AM
well,it matters to me too,but with every class.Just created around 10 characters,all level 1 and logged fine,once I camped and tried to log back,poof,black screen and...out