PDA

View Full Version : Client version and patching?

Falciform
10-24-2004, 11:06 AM
Hey, I did some quick searches but couldn't come across this. I've got the Ruins of Kunark disc (which has the original EQ in it) to install with, but I don't have any of the later expansions. Will my game be patched up to where it needs to be from the client I'm installing?

And I've seen some threads talking about not patching to a certain point because it won't work with EQEmu. What do I do about this? Thanks for any help you guys can give me!

Scorpx725
10-24-2004, 11:07 AM
Basicly install Kunark, then patch to live. The other CD's hold the information for that expansion, so the downlaoding from the patcher dosent take as long.

You need to patch to live to get all the appropriot files, nothing you can do about that. But the newest emu version works with the live patch so dont worry about that.

Falciform
10-24-2004, 11:15 AM
Sweet, thanks, man. And thanks for not flaming me. :wink:

How many servers will I not be able to play on after patching all the way up? How stable are these servers? Do they have a very high player base? Last, if I wanted to just run around and look at all the zones and mobs etc, would I need to set up a server on my own computer so I could use admin codes? If I did this, would a second computer on my router (one cable internet connection, two computers connected through a router) be able to play at the same time as I am while running it on my computer?

Scorpx725
10-24-2004, 11:20 AM
Well... some servers are non legit. This means you can summon an item, go to any zone, etc. But, if a server dosent have those zones populated, you'll just see the zones structure.

Theres alot of 6.0 servers, just find one you like. Some have big populations, usually the ones that are listed in Green or Gold.

You could set up your own server, but you dont need to. And yes you would be able to play it while hosting it, but I believe it causes a good deal of lag. I dont know from personal experience though, as I dont run a server.

And as for not flaming, no problem.

zephyr325
10-25-2004, 03:56 AM
As far as the main servers I have seen talked about on the board, there's Winter's Roar, PEQ and Scorpious. Just look for a "legit" in their name, which means they're running a standard server (you don't get GM commands).

Also, as far as running your own server, I'd definately recommend running your server on a machine that you're not playing your client on unless you've got a rockin' processor and at *least* a GB of RAM.

Falciform
10-25-2004, 06:23 AM
I had to download the zip file from Verant to get around the error I was getting when trying to patch. I've followed the instructions for creating a shortcut to the game and changing the stuff in the properties, but those take me to the old login screen and not the Omens of War login screen. I have to use the downloaded zip file to get to the OoW login screen, which makes me go to the Sony account webpage instead of the EQEmu one. What am I missing?

zephyr325
10-25-2004, 06:34 AM
Did applying the OOW zip reset your eqhost file to Sony's site, rather than the eqemu site?

Falciform
10-25-2004, 06:43 AM
No, I checked the eqhost.txt file after running the zip file (to get to the OoW login screen) and it still says eqemulator.net. Is it running from within the zip file instead of using eqhost?

zephyr325
10-25-2004, 06:52 AM
Sounds like it...I'm not quite sure about what you're saying, but it sounds like you're having to run something from within a zip file to get to the OOW stuff? If that's the case, then ya, you need to take whatever you're doing out of that zip file and put in into your eqclient directory (although I'm not sure what Verant sent you).

You may want to touch base with them to do whatever is required so that when you run your standard EQ (going to eqlive) everything works properly (like getting your OOW screen) before trying to do the eqemu changes.

Scorpx725
10-25-2004, 07:35 AM
Erm...

Ok. First... you can download EQ Trilogy from SOE, and then patch up to live (taking some 10 hours probably).

Once thats done just change your EQ Host, and do the patchme thing adn your good to go.

Falciform
10-25-2004, 04:13 PM
Hehe, I feel stupid, I figured out what I did wrong. Now for something else. I followed all the steps and am doing good. When I click on the account button it takes me to the EQEmu page. Well, I went to do step 5 (:: Section 5 - Obtaining an authorization key for the loginserver.
Simply go here and fill out your loginserver account name and password) and when I fill in my account username and password and hit enter it sends me to a blank page with this at the top. ' Duplicate entry '' for key 3 ' Then I tried to log into EQ (hit the login button and entered my username and pass) but it tried to connect me to SOE. What's going on?[/u]