PDA

View Full Version : Perl Quest Problem

Sarepean
10-24-2004, 01:13 PM
Hey! I'm having some trouble with a Perl command in a quest file. This is for the Oracle of K'arnon. I've made an NPC called "The Fabled Ancient Cyclops" and I'm trying to make the Oracle spawn him in the sub_EVENT: Here's the code.

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){quest::say("Hail! You are brave coming out onto this island. Is there something I can [help with]?");}
if($text=~/help with/i){
quest::me("The guard nearby reaches for his sword, ready to kill you should you try for the Oracle Robe.");
quest::say("Who sent you, $name?");}
if($text=~/Hasten Bootstrutter/i){quest::say("Oh, well that is a different story, then. You must be here about the [Fabled Ring]. I saw it in my vision.");}
if($text=~/Fabled Ring/i){quest::say("You are here for the Fabled Ring of the Ancients... hmm... I'm going to need a [Ring of the Ancients] and 200 Platinum.");}
if($text=~/Ring of the Ancients/i){quest::say("There is one that walks the sands that carries this band on his hands. You should know where to find him by now.");}
}
sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{12268} == 1 && $platinum == 200)
{
quest::spawn(121094,0,0,1431,-7904,152);
quest::say("I have called to another plane and the creature you seek is just across the ocean.");
quest::exp(100);
quest::summonitem(12268);
}
}

Pretty simple and definitely cheesy. Heres my error:

EDIT:

Unknown Perl Function used:

If I put quest::spawn at the bottom, everything works except spawn. Did I forget to put something into the database or what???

-Sarepean

sotonin
10-24-2004, 06:20 PM
try the quest forum