PDA

View Full Version : 6.0-DR1 Bugs

Cisyouc
10-24-2004, 04:04 PM
Some bugs I noticed while playing on the Evolutions server, which may or may not be db related im not sure; I believe they use a standard perl compile of 0.6.0-DR1
Ive noticed occationally when I kill something on one computer (I double box, 2 accounts), and becomes a corpse, it can sometimes look like a regular alive 100% health NPC on the other. When this happens, the computer that sees it as a living NPC can walk up to it and begin to attack it, and it will attack back, and it will 'appear' that your hitting it in the chat window, but its hps % never go down (and yours are).
If a group (lets say of 2) is formed in one zone, and 1 of the people zone out, the person who zoned will appear to not be in a group, however, they will still recieve /g's from the other person. The person who zoned also wont be able to join a new group until the other person disbands or they /camp.
Anyone can loot anyone elses PC corpse without any direct consent (Maybe this is an option or a bug, not sure)
When being teleported or gating, it seems I have a 1 in 4 shot of getting to where i want to go. sometimes it takes as many as 5 times to landing where im supposed to.
Occasionally I cannot see a few PC's unless they make some sorrt of direct communication with me (opening a trade window). Once I even had it so it wouldnt even let me do that!
Occasionally Ill be randomly standing around and ALL graphics except the sky and the 3D Target Ring will disappear when looking in certain directions, or when running they will blink on/off/on/off/on/off....

Ill add more when i think of them.

Anyone else noticing this?

Edgar1898
10-24-2004, 04:31 PM
Did you post these on SF? It is much easier to track if you add them there.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=88515&atid=586958

Cisyouc
10-25-2004, 06:48 AM
Well I wasnt sure if these were happing to anyone else or not, so I was asking more not reporting =) But I will save link for future reference...

movieman
10-25-2004, 07:02 AM
Is there any way to view a complete list of open bugs in that database? Nothing I enter as a search term produces any bugs, so I'm not sure whether there aren't any bugs or whether I'm not doing it right :).

A few things I've noticed, compared to live, which are probably server bugs as I couldn't find an obvious way to change them in the database:

Necro pet lifetap should be a proc rather than a spell, and should only be on 44+ pets whereas even the level 1 pet lifetaps. Mage pet DDs (other than the epic DD) and stuns are spells, but Necro pets proc.

Monk dodge/block skills don't seem to work anywhere near as often as on live servers.

Mage epic pet doesn't cast a damage shield, and doesn't proc its DD spell (see http://www.magecompendium.com/library/pets-epic-library.html ).

Necro level 65 pet doesn't cast a damage shield (though a 12 point DS is hardly useful at that level :)).

If a pet dies, I can't summon another without camping out (or maybe zoning, I'm not sure if I tried that).

Magoth78
10-25-2004, 07:18 AM
* I've noticed occationally when I kill something on one computer (I double box, 2 accounts), and becomes a corpse, it can sometimes look like a regular alive 100% health NPC on the other. When this happens, the computer that sees it as a living NPC can walk up to it and begin to attack it, and it will attack back, and it will 'appear' that your hitting it in the chat window, but its hps % never go down (and yours are).
* If a group (lets say of 2) is formed in one zone, and 1 of the people zone out, the person who zoned will appear to not be in a group, however, they will still recieve /g's from the other person. The person who zoned also wont be able to join a new group until the other person disbands or they /camp.
* Anyone can loot anyone elses PC corpse without any direct consent (Maybe this is an option or a bug, not sure)
* When being teleported or gating, it seems I have a 1 in 4 shot of getting to where i want to go. sometimes it takes as many as 5 times to landing where im supposed to.
* Occasionally I cannot see a few PC's unless they make some sorrt of direct communication with me (opening a trade window). Once I even had it so it wouldnt even let me do that!
* Occasionally Ill be randomly standing around and ALL graphics except the sky and the 3D Target Ring will disappear when looking in certain directions, or when running they will blink on/off/on/off/on/off....

Ill add more when i think of them.

Anyone else noticing this?

Yes Cisyouc, I exactly have the same issues.
And I'd like to add an other one about pets. Since the recent sources (maybe since WR merges I'm not sure about it), the pets can't dual-wield and double attack.

Edgar1898
10-25-2004, 08:12 AM
Is there any way to view a complete list of open bugs in that database? Nothing I enter as a search term produces any bugs, so I'm not sure whether there aren't any bugs or whether I'm not doing it right :).

A few things I've noticed, compared to live, which are probably server bugs as I couldn't find an obvious way to change them in the database:

Necro pet lifetap should be a proc rather than a spell, and should only be on 44+ pets whereas even the level 1 pet lifetaps. Mage pet DDs (other than the epic DD) and stuns are spells, but Necro pets proc.

Monk dodge/block skills don't seem to work anywhere near as often as on live servers.

Mage epic pet doesn't cast a damage shield, and doesn't proc its DD spell (see http://www.magecompendium.com/library/pets-epic-library.html ).

Necro level 65 pet doesn't cast a damage shield (though a 12 point DS is hardly useful at that level :)).

If a pet dies, I can't summon another without camping out (or maybe zoning, I'm not sure if I tried that).

No, there are no currently open bugs in our SF bug database. Please add any bugs you find (including these that you posted). As soon as more people start posting them on SF people will be able to view the list of open bugs and know we are working on them.

Cisyouc
10-25-2004, 10:55 AM
Reported all of them. IDs: 1054159-1054165 (except 1054160)

movieman
10-29-2004, 04:18 AM
Thanks, I'll try to remember to enter those bugs tonight!