PDA

View Full Version : PEQ web-based database editor

sotonin
10-25-2004, 06:58 AM
http://www.peqserver.com/view_files.php?filter=looted

FYI, the first thing you have to do is source the included .sql file into your eqemu server's database. Before any other steps.

This is a ongoing project i've been working on to make database work easier. We use this ourselves to work on the PEQ database. I feel that it's complete enough to release an intitial version. This version includes the following.

Loot-editor:
-- Create or search through existing loottables
-- Create or search through existing lootdrop tables
-- Add / Delete / Modify existing lootdrop item entries
-- Auto-balance percentages of items in a lootdrop table
-- Lucy click throughs for quick item stats

Npc-Editor:
-- Modify all npc_types fields
-- Modify npc's Primary Faction
-- Add / Delete / Modify existing faction hits

Spawn-Editor:
-- Display all spawn points in current zone for a selected npc
-- Add / Delete / Modify npcs within a spawngroup
-- Modify respawn time
-- Auto-balance npcs within a spawngroup
-- **More spawn2 editing in the future

Merchant-Editor:
-- View the merchants and their stocks
-- Editing will come in the future

Faction-Editor:
-- Display faction information for all factions
-- Modify all modifiers of a faction

*** Coming in the future. ***
-Tradeskill Editor
-Search by item merchant listing + editing capabilities

Suggestions welcome, always looking to make it more useful.

Xothin
10-25-2004, 10:28 AM
Pardon my stupidity, but I can't seem to get it to work properly.

A) peq_backend.php never shows.
B) you have encryption on the password field
C) A lot of the info inside of the peq_editor.php file points to file:///my%20documents/web/peqserver.com

I have a php running smooth as silk and serving a totally different PHP application, so I know that my extensions are set correctly.

I can get the peq_backend.php to show, but it will never allow me to log into it.

sotonin
10-25-2004, 10:29 AM
your php may not be setup correctly in php.ini is my only guess. works silky smooth for me and a couple other ppl ive given it too

and yes. encryption is intended. if you read the readme you'd know the password.

sotonin
10-25-2004, 10:34 AM
Sorry about the path's fuckup. stupid program added that without my consent after i saved a copy of it. it's fixed and uploaded again.

Scorpx725
10-25-2004, 10:38 AM
Nice job with this.

Xothin
10-25-2004, 11:19 AM
Very nice job with it, just wish I could get the admin side of it.

Using PHP 4.0.5, am able to log into another web app that doesn't use MD5 password authentication.

Is there something that I should check via my MySQL, or in my php.ini file? I went through the entire thing, and it all looked kosher.

EDIT:

Got everything working as soon as I disabled MD5 on the login page.. not sure what I don't have set up correctly, but MD5 seems to fail every time with me.

sotonin
10-25-2004, 11:37 AM
the default password for the backend is "backend" "password"

the default admin account is "admin" "admin" if you don't feel like adding new admin accounts via the backend

Xothin
10-25-2004, 11:39 AM
I read the readme. ^.^ It's always one of the first things I do.

My problem is with MD5.

The other app I use also doesn't authenticate when MD5 is used.

Not sure what I've not got set up correctly, but everything works now that I have disabled MD5 in the PHP script.

sdabbs65
10-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'file://peq/database.php' (include_path='.;C:\php-4.3.4-Win32\pear') in C:\Apache2\htdocs\peq\peq_editor.php on line 4

no clue all my functions work...hmmmm

sotonin
10-25-2004, 11:43 AM
redownload it. i fixed the paths =)

**hmm ur's seems to be different that the wrong path that was set on it. Seems like it may be a config issue on your side somewhere.

btw, md5 is simply a method to encrypt a string. all php has this AFAIK, if you want to remove it feel free... it's not hard to edit that much of the few lines that deal with it and clear out the admin entry in the db. If md5 gives you issue i recommend getting a real version of php, yours is gimped. lol :wink:

Xothin
10-25-2004, 11:50 AM
More than likely so. ^.^

Thanks Sotonin, once I disabled MD5, was able to log in fine. Looks wonderful and is very easy to maneuver around in.

Did you happen to get to take a look at my issue with adding quest packs to tradeskills? They seem... well urm.. broken. I can do a quest combine with a normal kit(ie Deluxe Sewing kit) but cannot make the combine with a quest kit(ie Leafrunners Assembly Kit). Not sure if this is a database issue(not knowing the proper codes for quest kit combines(ie 61 is tailoring, yadda yadda) or if maybe its something that SOE gimped and hasn't been fixed in code.

sotonin
10-25-2004, 12:08 PM
tradeskills are fathernitwit and Lethalencounters area, sorry :cry:

fathernitwit
10-25-2004, 01:37 PM
Did you happen to get to take a look at my issue with adding quest packs to tradeskills? They seem... well urm.. broken. I can do a quest combine with a normal kit(ie Deluxe Sewing kit) but cannot make the combine with a quest kit(ie Leafrunners Assembly Kit). Not sure if this is a database issue(not knowing the proper codes for quest kit combines(ie 61 is tailoring, yadda yadda) or if maybe its something that SOE gimped and hasn't been fixed in code.

this is primarily a database issue... it is possible that the containers are also not setup in emu, but id bet the DB is the bigger issue. This is the kind of thing which will need to be added by hand.

Xothin
10-25-2004, 02:14 PM
I added the entry manually to the DB

When trying to combine, I get "You cannot combine these items in this container type" when using a quest container.

When switching out the quest container ID in the DB for a normal sewing kit, (deluxe sewing kit for instance) click combine, presto, my item combines.

Try it out for yourself. ^.^

sdabbs65
10-26-2004, 12:35 AM
your php may not be setup correctly in php.ini is my only guess. works silky smooth for me and a couple other ppl ive given it too

and yes. encryption is intended. if you read the readme you'd know the password.

I dont think theres anything secret in it I could be wrong tho
can you post your php.ini I seem to be overlooking something..
I spent 4 hours last night looking thu it and found nothing wrong.
everything else I have works fine...shrug.

Muuss
10-26-2004, 01:05 AM
I just downloaded the archive and some files seem to be missing :
header_b.php
footer.php

header2.php's picture is "/images/header2.gif" instead of "images/header2.gif"

Anyway, thank you for offering that editor !

sotonin
10-26-2004, 01:11 AM
Thanks, added those files and fixed that path (my system liked that path, but some might not)

New file is uploaded

Muuss
10-26-2004, 03:15 AM
Might depend of where you unzip the archive, if you put your files in the root dir, the path was ok ;)

Muuss
10-26-2004, 03:29 AM
Other missing files :
images/c_table.gif
images/table.gif

While i m reporting stuff, the look of the SpawnEditor, using Mozilla, is buggy. The white rows don't appear like they do with IE.

sotonin
10-26-2004, 03:53 AM
added the missing pics and reuploaded.

doubt ill ever get to make it mozilla friendly since i dont use mozilla.

:P

Muuss
10-26-2004, 03:57 AM
I ll check tomorrow if i can fix that bug, it seems to be the only thing going wrong with Mozilla :)

sotonin
10-26-2004, 04:01 AM
a lot of my layout turned out to be a hack. it started out nice but as the code got more and more comlicated and i changed designs around they got really confusing :(

Muuss
10-26-2004, 04:16 AM
Rows 2724 and 2938 of peq_editor.php :

<table width="400" border="0" align="left" class="table_w">

instead of

<table width="400" border="0" align="left">

:)

sotonin
10-26-2004, 04:31 AM
works for me, fixed it and reuploaded.

govtcheeze
10-30-2004, 04:27 AM
If you are using this and installed it correctly, a sql log will be created with your changes. If you fix ANYTHING to be live-compat, please share/post the sql in a new thread so everyone can benefit from your work. If the changes are approved, they will likely be added to the PEQ db.

WildcardX
11-10-2004, 06:37 PM
I just downloaded this and am using it... its an awsome tool! Thanks for sharing it.

WildcardX
11-12-2004, 05:59 PM
I have your web editor up and running and working just fine on my linux server, but I am a curious person and wanted to work with it on my Windows 2000 web server but I get this error message:

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

I know this is because I didnt set PHP up right or something on my Windows Server, but I went through all the PHP install procedures and I'm not sure what I didnt do right. Anyone know? No biggie just curious.

WildcardX
11-13-2004, 11:01 AM
I'm getting closer to this working for me on IIS.. Anyone know how to resolve this error message?

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\peq_webeditor\database.php on line 8