PDA

View Full Version : Water RULES FOR MOBS

sdabbs65
10-26-2004, 05:32 AM
Something to tell MOBS they are in water and to stay there.
Possably just a field in the Database that tells them to stay in the water.

sotonin
10-26-2004, 06:17 AM
if you read anything on the other discussion, it has nothing to do with the database.

The client needs to KNOW where water is. It doesn't. Period.

sdabbs65
10-26-2004, 06:20 AM
if you read anything on the other discussion, it has nothing to do with the database.

The client needs to KNOW where water is. It doesn't. Period.

Well Im guessing it's an OPCODE overlooked.
The other Discussion says it's a BUG and it's not it a Feature that isnt implemented yet.

fathernitwit
10-27-2004, 04:06 AM
The other Discussion says it's a BUG and it's not it a Feature that isnt implemented yet.

Ya know, im starting to resent thia attitude about water... this statement is in effect saying 'the devs dont know what they are talking about'...

what do you not understand about the state of water, it is NOT COMMUNICATED... just saying 'it has to be there, the devs are just overlooking it' is starting to piss me off... if you want to do some work and figure it out, go to town, but stop trying to say you know this game's dynamics better than us, because you do not.

Edgar1898
10-27-2004, 04:17 AM
Yup, FNW is right, client doesnt send any opcode to the server when it enters a water area. The server has no idea where these areas are

krusher
10-27-2004, 07:28 AM
Amen

sdabbs65
10-27-2004, 08:09 AM

Ya know, im starting to resent thia attitude about water... this statement is in effect saying 'the devs dont know what they are talking about'...

what do you not understand about the state of water, it is NOT COMMUNICATED... just saying 'it has to be there, the devs are just overlooking it' is starting to piss me off... if you want to do some work and figure it out, go to town, but stop trying to say you know this game's dynamics better than us, because you do not.

Point well Taken.
I was readin up on it on anouther site about the way EQLIVE code works and got them confused yours is not as advanced .
anyways I won't mention it again since you so disgusted with it.

.................................................. .............................
We recently discovered the problem that was causing fishing to not work in Abysmal. Not huge news I know, but I am sure some people are interested in knowing that a fix is on the way. The nature of the bug was that the code was looking for the surface of the water based on scanning up from the ground level under the water and only looking 100 units up. Abysmal's water is much deeper than that, and since it couldn't find the surface it failed to think you were in a legal fishing location. The fix is going to Test server today along with other stuff that had to wait until after the live update.

Edgar1898
10-27-2004, 08:23 AM
Point well Taken.
I was readin up on it on anouther site about the way EQLIVE code works and got them confused yours is not as advanced .
anyways I won't mention it again since you so disgusted with it.

EQLIVE doesnt send a fucking opcode either. Dont belittle our code and say its "not as advanced" because it doesnt send an OPCODE that DOESNT EXIST. If your mission was to piss the devs off, you have succeeded.