PDA

View Full Version : A thank you and a question about PoEb

farmerted
10-26-2004, 03:52 PM
First I want to thank you all on your hard work. I don't think you guys get enough credit for the work you do and then all the crap you have to put up with afterwards.

Job well done.

I was able to follow the guide to setting up a minilogin server on my own PC using this post "HOWTO: Setup 0.5.9/0.6.0 Server on Windows (10/16/04)" in the tutorial section. and then following the guide for setting up minilogin.

I can now explore some zones that I would have never been able to see before.

I did encounter 1 problem.

I am unable to enter Plane of Earth B.

I tried to enter using 3 methods.

1.) using the #zone command
2.) clicking on the door inside the tunnel where the Arbitor spawns
3.) clicking on the Gem near the zone in to PoEa

each time I start to zone into PoEb I get booted back to server select. When I get back to char select it says the toon is inside PoEb. When I relog into the game trying to use the toon inside of PoEb I just go back to server select.

I can get into every other zone without issues. Would this have to do with zone in /loc in B? or maybe the safe /loc? underworld?

this is what I have in the ZONE table for poeb

| short_name | file_name | long_name | safe_x | safe_y | safe_z | minium_level | minium_status | zoneidnumber | timezone | maxclients | weather | underworld | minclip | maxclip | fog_minclip | fog_maxclip | fog_blue | fog_red | fog_green | sky | ztype | zone_exp_multiplier | walkspeed | time_type |

| poearthb | [NULL] | Stronghold of the Twelve | 512 | 80 | -42 | 0 | 0 | 222 | 0 | 0 | 1 | -2030 | 1500 | 2000 | 500 | 2000 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 255 | 0.75 | 0.4 | 2 |

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,

Farmer

sotonin
10-26-2004, 05:02 PM
minium_level | minium_status

these need to be renamed. min_level and min_status

farmerted
10-27-2004, 02:54 AM
I thought of that myself. Saw it in another post earlier.

However, all the other zones are fine with that column heading

for example...

| short_name | file_name | long_name | safe_x | safe_y | safe_z | minium_level | minium_status | zoneidnumber | timezone | maxclients | weather | underworld | minclip | maxclip | fog_minclip | fog_maxclip | fog_blue | fog_red | fog_green | sky | ztype | zone_exp_multiplier | walkspeed | time_type |

| poeartha | [NULL] | Vegarlson, The Earthen Badlands | 7 | -554 | 31.75 | 0 | 0 | 218 | 0 | 0 | 1 | -2030 | 1500 | 2000 | 500 | 2000 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 255 | 0.75 | 0.4 | 2 |

The above is for PoEa and I have no trouble getting into this zone having | minium_level | minium_status | as column headers.

Farmer

Xothin
10-27-2004, 03:26 AM
What he is saying is...

You need to change the actual column heading.

From minium_status to min_status
from minium_level to min_level

farmerted
10-27-2004, 05:02 AM
okay,

I tried that just for the hell of it. I changed the headings in my ZONE table from minium_status to min_status and from minium_level to min_level.

I startup my server and load up my game.

I select a level 70 toon parked in sleepers.

I try to zone into earth B with #zone poearthb

I get an error saying that zone is unvailable. I am thinking "okay, atleast I did not crash" I then try to zone into a few other zones that I could get into without problems before I changed the headings.

I got the same message saying that zone is unavailable for each and every zone I tried to get into.

I shut everything down and went back into my database and changed the headings back to minium_status and minium_level.

I start my server and load my game back up. At server select I see my level 70 toon and he is still in sleepers. I try to zone into Fire.

#zone pofire

Shortly after I am standing in fire without any issues. I zone into Water, Time (a and b), justice and a few others without any issues.

I try to zone into Earth B and get booted back to server select.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand what you are talking about with changing the headers of the columns. I even tried it as you guys sure as hell know alot more about this than I do. Did not solve my problem however and only created more.

I am not trying to be a jerk. After going over these forums I can understand the crap you guys put up with. And to all others reading this I can say for a fact that 99% of all questions that I see people asking, have infact been answered in one post or another.

I would like to also reccomend the program MYSQL Control Center for all your database editing. Learn it, Use it, Love it.

Presently I am looking at older databases to see if anything is the same or different for the data inside the ZONE table. However I have found that some tables have different columns all together making this a bit frustrating.

I wanted to get my own server up and running so that my son can play EQ like Daddy does. He has created toons on regular live EQ but with all the jerks in game I would prefer him to be somewhere safe. Plus he always had a habbit of killing any mob that moved, even if another group was killing it first.

Once again, I want to thank all of you for your hard work and if any of you have any ideas as to why PoEarthb is the ONLY zone I can not get into by having my headers as minium_level and minium_status please let me know.

Thanks,

Farmer

RangerDown
10-27-2004, 07:48 AM
The zoneserver may be coughing up when it brings up poearthb.

Bring up poearthb in a static zone

Get to a command prompt, and give the command:

zone.exe poearthb aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd port www.xxx.yyy.zzz

Substituting the correct IP and port where necessary.

See if booting up the zone gives any gripes. If so, post the output here.

Malignus Wingnut
10-28-2004, 10:57 AM
What database are you using? If you're using the database that i released then that's probably the problem. PM me if you are and I'll tell you how to fix.

farmerted
10-30-2004, 05:25 AM
Hey all.

Thanks for the replys and the help. I discovered that after I get booted back to server select, I can log on the same toon and be able to get into PoEb from when I first log in.

As long as I am already inside PoEb from when I start the game I can come and go as I please.

I have another problem now.

I use the #spawn comamnd to create a mob

#spawn Bob

It creates a naked male human. I try to use the #gender or the #race comamnd while having the mob targeted and nothing happens. I can change its size by using the #size command but that is about it.

I have tried to do this in many zones with the same results. I have tried this in all the expansions.

I am flagged for gm status. I can also change my gender and race on myself when I have myself targeted, just not the mobs that I create with the #spawn command.

I do know that not all races are available in all zones.

When I spawn an npc using the command #npcspawn I can get the specific mob I want with proper gender and race. I can also go into the database and edit the race column to change the look of specific mobs.

This isn't a big problem but just wanted to see if anyone knew of a quick and easy fix.

Thanks again for all your help,

Farmer