PDA

View Full Version : Linux on POWER Contest

daeken_bb
10-27-2004, 09:16 AM
I was looking through the list of Tier 2 projects available to port in the Linux on POWER Contest (check out http://www.linuxonpower.com/index.php for more info) and noticed EQEmulator made it on there. Very cool :)

On a related note, a project of me and GXTi's (OpenHEX) made it on there. Forgot I entered it until they asked me for my shipping info on the iPod Mini I got for it being chosen and me being one of the judges hehe.

It's nice to see such things coming out of IBM. It really does help the community.

Edgar1898
11-01-2004, 11:09 AM
heh yah, they sent me an email to judge the contest as well :)

Edgar1898
11-01-2004, 12:13 PM
If anyone registered for the contest (registration was due yesterday), let me know. Per section 3 of the rules at http://www.linuxonpower.com/rules.php:
3. Tier 2 and Tier 3 Application Port entries will be judged by the maintainer of the open source application ported. An application port entry may be submitted for only one application in either of the two predetermined lists. The list from which the application to be ported is selected, determines the type of award given for the first successful port of that application. Judging for tier 2 and tier 3 application port challenges may occur between September 1, 2004 and will conclude on or about December 10th 2004. Judges’ decisions are final in all matters relating to the contest. Entrants will be judged on the following criteria: (1) that they have registered for only one application from one of the two lists; (2) that the application port they are submitting is indeed the application for which they have registered; (3) that their port is deemed complete and sound by the pre-determined open source community maintainer;...

I'm the judge for our project, the prize for being the first to submit a winning entry for our server is a Apple Power Mac G5

Muuss
11-01-2004, 08:10 PM
How will you share only 1 car among all the devs ? 8)