PDA

View Full Version : Proc Items

nysson
10-29-2004, 06:55 PM
This question might belong under databases and world building, but here it goes.

Why might items with clicky effects (ie. Journeyman Boots) keep giving the message 'Item is out of charges'?

I've tried #summonitem #0000 2 (or 3 or 255) to no avail.

I'm running the 6.0 Emu and DB.

I've also tried spawning the items on mobs but still get no charges.

Sarepean
10-30-2004, 03:20 AM
This message was introduced in another post, but noone ever actually replied back (aside from me and another person) that they had gotten the problem resolved.

Let me know if this fix works for you, but you're going to need a program called MySQLFront (since the MySQL commands didn't work for me though they were supposed to do the same thing, I don't really trust them as much).

Hey! I was having this problem until about an hour ago. The problem is in the database and is exactly what Garim was saying--- except his fixes don't fix the inventory part of it. I used MySQLFront and changed the charges table in Inventory, Sharedbank, and items to just being a tinyint (right click "charges" in object view, click properties, uncheck unsigned).

Boot your server up after that, resummon items that have infinite charges (or are supposed to) and give it a shot. Zone some if you need to. Etc, etc. Should work. =)

-Sarepean

Hope that helps!

-Sarepean

Malignus Wingnut
10-30-2004, 03:36 AM
UPDATE items SET charges=1 WHERE charges=0;

run that in mysql and it should fix.

Sarepean
10-30-2004, 03:51 AM
That's a temporary fix--- he'll have to resummon the items after zoning and it doesn't fix infinite charges. At minimum, there should be three commands he would need to run and it's probably better to just use MySQLFront.

-Sarepean

ajb20
10-30-2004, 06:24 AM
here it is, this will fix procs and infinate charges

update items set charges = -1 where charges = 0;
update items set maxcharges = -1 where maxcharges = 0;
update items set SpellCharges = 1 where SpellCharges = 0;

Works perfectly for me, have yet to have an item charge problem since updating this.

nysson
10-31-2004, 05:24 AM
Thanks for the replies. Clicky items are now up and running like they should.

And for anyone else who views this post with similar problems, I used ajb's solution to get my proc items working.