PDA

View Full Version : error with kernel32.dll

destroyeroftheward
10-31-2004, 04:38 AM
Does anyone know how fix a problem with kernel32.dll I downloaded a new kernel32.dll from a website but im still getting an error with it. if anyone knows anything about how to fix it, please post something, thanks.

RangerDown
10-31-2004, 05:59 AM
First things first, if I were you I'd never download a kernel32.dll from any website other than Microsoft. You're asking to get hacked doing otherwise.

That said, how does this relate to your using EQEmu? Where in the point of entering the game do you get this error?

destroyeroftheward
10-31-2004, 06:31 AM
after the game patches i press play and it says theres a problem with makecriticalsectionglobal in kernel32.dll

RangerDown
10-31-2004, 11:17 AM
Make sure you've got directx 9 installed. Reinstall it if necessary. SOE and/or Microsoft web sites will tell you how to reinstall DirectX 9. You'll need to look there, not here, for that kind of technical info.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card. Check your video card manufacturer's web site.

And if you have a cheap or very old video card, you may be screwed. The DirectX 9 client may no longer support your card.