PDA

View Full Version : Help with EqEMU (please)

Edge Suikendi
10-31-2004, 01:04 PM
Let me start out by saying I know you guys must hate these individual specific help calls. But I really need a dumbed-up explaination on how to get this to work again. The last 2 times I tried to start playing again I did things without asking questions (ie updating) and it got me in trouble, so Im doing things right this time.

When was the last date to update to live in order to work with this current version of emu?

What is winterhawk?

What do I do to play with the most people?

To be quite honest I would love a step by step if someones got the time. I really don't want to wait another couple months if things go wrong again.

Thanks
And try not to call me a noob

movieman
10-31-2004, 01:30 PM
When was the last date to update to live in order to work with this current version of emu?

Well, I patched Everquest today, and can still connect to my local 0.6 server (using CVS code from a few days ago).

hypershadow66
10-31-2004, 01:55 PM
EQEmu works with the lates patch right now.

If you want a lot of people, on your server just you need a fast internet connection, or choose a server that has a higher player amount... prefferred servers usually have a lot of players.

Edge Suikendi
10-31-2004, 02:06 PM
Ok, so far this is what I understand:

The current version of EQLive is compatible with the current version of EqEMU.

What is this CVS thing? Is it the new way to get the EqEmu files?

hypershadow66
10-31-2004, 02:20 PM
the CVS is to get Server Source. you dont need it to play

Edge Suikendi
10-31-2004, 03:05 PM
Ok I have updated to my expansions and a few others.
I changed my eqhost.
I made my login account.

When I go to login I get "Error - timeout."

I asked a few people but they knew nothing about it. Any ideas?

Thanks

MSIMagus18
10-31-2004, 04:47 PM
Sniff sniff. Iv been stuck to. REALLY want to play.

Edge Suikendi
10-31-2004, 04:51 PM
Just finished getting the rest of the updates.
Fixed eqhost.

Still timeout.

:cry:

Edge Suikendi
10-31-2004, 05:19 PM
Ok timeout problem fixed. I copied someones host file exactly and able to log in.

Now, could someone suggest me to the server that is most like EQ Classic? Thatll be all, thanks.

MSIMagus18
10-31-2004, 07:19 PM
Mind talking me through the steps you took? Iv been trying this for a few days now with no luck. I changed my txt and my gamexe. but it still doesnt run for me.

What did you do to get it working? Was there a patch or did you have to use that CVS thing or anything.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. As I said im dying to play!

To help you out a bit look at the server sticky on the general servers. People listed some of their servers and a little info about them.

commogod
11-01-2004, 08:23 AM
I've been having problems too. I can get to the server select screen but once I try to connect to a server I get an error message that says "eqgame.exe has encounterd an error and needs to close. sorry for the inconvieniece".

Is there something that I did wrong? I could get on the Scorpious2k server (atually past the char selection screen and into the game) using their patch but had texture errors on their servers.

I am patched to current on live.

I have edited the eqgame.exe shortcut.

I have changed the eqhost file.

Am lost. Can someone help me please?

Thanks

CG

MSIMagus18
11-01-2004, 09:04 AM
I've been having problems too. I can get to the server select screen but once I try to connect to a server I get an error message that says "eqgame.exe has encounterd an error and needs to close. sorry for the inconvieniece".

Is there something that I did wrong? I could get on the Scorpious2k server (atually past the char selection screen and into the game) using their patch but had texture errors on their servers.

I am patched to current on live.

I have edited the eqgame.exe shortcut.

I have changed the eqhost file.

Am lost. Can someone help me please?

Thanks

CG

Im wanting to play on Scorps server anyways so can you tell me what you changed your eqgame.exe and eqhost.txt to EXACTLY. And if there were any other steps like something with that CVS stuff or a patch tell me please.

mattmeck
11-01-2004, 09:11 AM
#1 the scorp patcher changes your eqhost for you,
#2 i did the tutorial with pictures, it shows you how to make the shortcut,

#3 the UI fix is right in the tutorial on how to play too

MSIMagus18
11-01-2004, 09:25 AM
So same thing I ran and when I did it didnt work. I ran the Scorp patcher and set my exe to how its supposed to be yet the servers dont come up.

Edge Suikendi
11-01-2004, 09:29 AM
Alright this is what I did...

1) Patched to EQ Live. (checked off all versions under advanced)
2) Made the shortcut to "..../eqgame.exe" patchme
3) Changed the eqhost.txt (this was the problem. I had to borrow the one found here (http://www.rama.demon.co.uk/eqhost.txt) and use it) (right click, save target as on here)
4) Made my eq login account (http://www.eqemulator.net/eqaccount.php) through the forums
5) Logged in.

Now... is there a guild wars running? Is there a classic eq running? Does there happen to be a guild wars that runs classic eq? I would like some names of servers please.

Thanks

MSIMagus18
11-01-2004, 09:43 AM
Alright this is what I did...

1) Patched to EQ Live. (checked off all versions under advanced)
2) Made the shortcut to "..../eqgame.exe" patchme
3) Changed the eqhost.txt (this was the problem. I had to borrow the one found here (http://www.rama.demon.co.uk/eqhost.txt) and use it) (right click, save target as on here)
4) Made my eq login account (http://www.eqemulator.net/eqaccount.php) through the forums
5) Logged in.

Thanks

Iv done every single one of these things but when I log in it just brings me to a blank server list. Same with if I run scorps patcher.

hypershadow66
11-01-2004, 12:51 PM
Now... is there a guild wars running? Is there a classic eq running? Does there happen to be a guild wars that runs classic eq? I would like some names of servers please.

Thanks

There was a server up last night that had Guild Wars on it, i dont think there were any classics though. But this was all last night i dont know if its still up or if a new classic server has been made.

MSIMagus18
11-01-2004, 06:36 PM
Im still struggling with this and would GREATLY appreciate any help.

Iv got my target set correctly with a patchme after the " and the space. Iv got my eqhost.txt set to 5994 but iv also tried setting it to 5995, 5996, 5997, 5998, 5999 and even 6000, also tried read only on and off with all these. Iv also tried setting it to hackers quest log in. Iv tried Winters Roare client and iv tried Scorps Patch me(I want to play scorp anyways). Iv tried changing my password and I even tried compltly uninstalling EQ then retrying everything listed above.

And iv pretty much read every topic at this site 3 or 4 times and tried any solutions they had. Hehe as you can see iv tried ALOT and the damn thing just wont work.

Depending on which I use I get one of the 3 following errors.

I manage to log in but the server list is blank and says 0-7 Xpacks owned(sometimes it asks me if I want to patch which iv tried saying both yes and no to).

It says incorrect password.

Screen goes black and fades back to windows instantly.

As I said ANY help is greatly appreciated, I really would like to play!

commogod
11-02-2004, 01:52 AM
Ok... so far this is what I've been able to figure out from trial and error.

If you want to play on Scorps, go to this link and follow the directions EXACTLY. http://www.scorpious2k.2ya.com/ You really can't go wrong there.... very easy, step-by-step, detailed directions. Use the scorp patch file (57) and the one at the beginning of the first page to fix the texture problems.

** NOTE ** it will say to patch to EQLive before doing anything.... there's a reason for that.

Every time you want to log on to a different server, you have to replace your "modified" eqhost.txt file with the original and patch to EQLive. Once you have patched, replace the original eqhost.txt file with the "modified" one and then log in to the EQ-EMU server. Then, if you want to go back to Scorps, you have to patch to EQLive again and then run the 57patcher again.

If you don't want to play on Scorps server, you can follow the directions there and once you're FINISHED you can patch to EQLive again (swapping out the eqhost.txt files, of course) and then log in to :5994.

Always remember to switch out your eqhost.txt file when going from one server to another. I have gotten my EQ-EMU to work.... a bit shakey but I can get on a server or 2 so I know it's set up right.

Hope this was of some help to ya.

CG

MSIMagus18
11-02-2004, 06:19 AM
Thanks for trying but nope.

Iv followed scorps directions EXACTLY. Hell I went so far as to not right click my eqgame.exe and create a shortcut which I moved to desktop but do it the way he did it right clicking desktop and going through windows to create one. It generally just gets me to a blank server page.

commogod
11-02-2004, 09:31 AM
Just a thought.... have you gone into the advanced options of EQ and selected Legends as well as all the other expansions and then done a complete file check? You probably have, but it's just something that jumped in my head when I read your last post.

Something is not clicking between what you have installed on your computer and what is set up on Scorps server. Check into that and try running the complete file check about 3 times. Then go back and run the 57patcher and the texture patcher again. Then replace your eqhost.txt and try and log in again.

I was having similar problems in the beginning (yesterday morning) but through trial and error seem to have gotten most (not all) the bugs worked out.

Also, you could try and run the EQLive patcher and NOT installing the Scorps 57patcher/texture patcher and see if you can log on to the regular EQEMU server to see if you have any servers listed there. That would isolate the problem a bit more (ie can log in to the regular servers but not Scorps server).

Another thing... do you have all expansions, including OoW?

CG

MSIMagus18
11-02-2004, 10:15 AM
I have all the Xpacks including OoW and iv ran the patcher with EVERYTHING selected multiple times. I even uninstalled EQ and reinstalled running the patcher from scratch.

I just tried running the Fates Destiny patcher and running it im now unable to log into Server screen it gives me an error message saying wrong password/log in. HOWEVER this is probally a step up because its EQEmus not Sonys official warning. And under quick connect it shows Fates Destiny not Ayone Ro(my EQ server). Scorps when doing those had showed Aro and given me a Sony not EQEmu message.

Hopefully I get it working soon.....been trying since thursday or friday and spent a few hours on this every day.