PDA

View Full Version : Ak'anon Newbie Armor Quests

Sarepean
10-31-2004, 03:32 PM
Okay, here's the thing--- I've got every listed (Allakhazam's) newbie armor quest done minus a few things and I need any help that people can offer me in order to get them done and move on to the next zone. The sooner I get them done, the sooner I release everything to the public (actually, I'm hoping someone would be interested in hosting the stuff since I don't have webspace, etc...).

Here's what I've had to do so far:

-Code the quest::says and summonitems and everything.
-Created the missing newbie armor items in Ak'anon (there were 11 in all, and I can't find any information on the Plague Rust Coif).
-Added a tradeskill recipe for Cleric Vambraces

I'm stuck right there since I can't get everything to combine in the container that it's supposed to.

Here's what I need:

-There is NOTHING about the Plague Rust Coif (evil rogue armor in Ak'Anon). I need some stats for this if any can find it?
-If anyone out there knows how to get a newbie quest armor container to combine recipes, please let me know since that would allow me to move on.
-I need to know faction hits for completing quests with all newbie armor NPCs. Most of them have a weapon you get as the "final task" and that is the only faction hit--- I guess it's not needed, but it'd be a lot more realistic (especially now that PEQ has Kunark out and factions working).
-Could definitely use the phrases that are said when you complete the "final task." When you turn in, for example, Jibble's Stilleto, all the quest::say is is "Great." and exp + item.

I would greatly appreciate any help with those problems. I'm sure a lot of you would be interested in having these quests and as soon as I get them working (probably in zone sets), I'll try to find a way to release them. Unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to have to release them with an SQL file each time since the I've had to create armor pieces for it (and I'm not even sure I got the icon files or material right... *sigh*). This leaves me with the problem that I don't know SQL, so it's going to be pretty harsh on me. One step at a time, though.

Thanks!
-Sarepean

sotonin
10-31-2004, 06:02 PM
The only issue i see is with you creating items. There's no reliable way to do this that wont screw with future updates to the item db. We would very much like you to help out with the PEQ quests pack that is underway. I know Kroeg has already finished Akanon quests as well. We ignore quests that can't be completed due to lack of items, We refuse to create new items that aren't collected from live. If anything substitute a valid item in it's place, imo.

Sarepean
10-31-2004, 11:35 PM
Well, in the case of these items, it's simply adding in a few stats and the correct icon, but that is the hard part. Noone has ever put information in about the Plague Rust Coif, so I have the basic item (so that it can be created with the quest), but it has no stats. Not even AC. It's practically useless. The only problem with the other items so far is icon/model. =/ As I said, I'm just perfecting them.

Wow, someone as already finished these quests?? Is there a place to get these quest packs??

Yeah, I knew that it would mess with the database--- but this is where I decided that since I was already having to do it in order to get the container combine recipe in there, it wouldn't hurt to add an item here and there that hadn't been collected.

BTW, I *did* get the quest container combines to work after a lot of tampering.

EDIT:: Actually, having tampered with the item and NPC database before I ever started working on quests is going to hurt me a little bit since I'll have to go back through and change the numbers. When this is all said and done, I will hopefully release a .zip with an SQL table that they need to source in for the recipes, quest container changes, and the items that were missing and then all the .pl files with correct npc_types. The first one I release will be compatible with PEQ_058_Classic, but not Kunark. The second set of releases will work with Kunark.

-Sarepean

-Sarepean

killspree
10-31-2004, 11:45 PM
You'll probably have to go in and do the quest yourself on live to get the item info since it's not even on lucy. There's a good chance it's never been found if it isn't on lucy, or it's so rare that no one using lucy has ever seen a link to it.

Sarepean
11-01-2004, 12:06 AM
Thanks, Killspree. The problem is that there's one item that noone can seem to find and noone knows where to get it. Kind of stupid to have a newbie armor quest that noone has completed since it came out. =/ Anyway, just ran into a new problem. I need to know what the quest guys give you (the mold) and what you get when you combine things--- going to talk to a friend tonight and try to get the information. Best guess is that an early release (assuming I can figure out SQL) will be available for PEQ_Classic by maybe late Sunday night?

-Sarepean

sotonin
11-01-2004, 02:14 AM
I for one wont use your items you created. You have no way of knowing an item id that won't conflict with future items. Dunno how many actually would. Maybe custom servers would, /shrug

sotonin
11-01-2004, 05:53 AM
I have a live account i could give you access too. I don't play anymore but i keep it active for collection purposes.

Stop by #npcmovdb channel some time and look me up. If you are serious about it that is. We use lucy, so you'd just need to load up their collection program.

sotonin
11-01-2004, 05:56 AM
wtf. how in the hell did my post get ABOVE yours?

Sarepean
11-01-2004, 06:20 AM
I realize that is a concern for a lot of people. However, it's the only way I can release the quests in their entirety without having all kinds of errors--- the database isn't just missing the finished items, it's also missing some of the "materials" (the container combine).

That's just like how I won't know that tradeskill recipes won't conflict with later releases. I don't. Until I do, this is all I can do. Someone up above said they wouldn't be adding any items that I made into their database and that they had to be collected--- well, it could be a while before they're collected and I don't think I should have to wait to put all the numbers in 'til they do. The best I can do is to make the items myself and put them into the database and try to keep them as accurate as possible (I say this because I'm not sure what icons some of them had, etc). The colors should be right. The models should be right, too. I base all the items that I've made off of the other items that are from that set in the database and from the information on Allakhazams and Eq'lizer.

So really, using the items + quests are up to whoever downloads them. Some of the quests will work if you don't source in the items and a lot won't (at least in Ak'anon).

Personally, if I had a live account, I'd item collect the missing pieces, but seeing as how I don't and haven't for a little over a year now, I can't. =/

-Sarepean