PDA

View Full Version : Weird problem with mobs showing health

Sakrateri
11-01-2004, 09:02 AM
Im having a problem in a couple of zones where when someone kills an NPC and someone else comes over to it it is showing it still has life , you can target it and it shows full health or little health , but because it is really dead you can not attack it of course, anyone know what may cause this bug and/or how to fix it ?

Sarepean
11-01-2004, 10:43 AM
What day was your code compiled? There was a Perl Compile released on... I think it was the 28th or 29th that was supposed to fix that bug, I think.

Sakrateri
11-02-2004, 05:51 AM
Oops, guess i should have stated , this is a 5.7DR6 server

sdabbs65
11-02-2004, 06:49 AM

yup... that was fixed in the new source.

sotonin
11-02-2004, 07:57 AM

unless you upgrade to 6.0 reporting bugs is pointless :wink:
5.7 is a completely different game than 6.0 imo

Sakrateri
11-02-2004, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the input Soto but its not pointless , I have had many people help me out since everyone else went to 6.0 , and there are still a few using the version I am , which is way less buggy and alot more content then 6.0. Oh and by telling me there is not a fix for it is an answer in itself , I just needed to know if there was anything I can do to fix it, found out I cant and thats all I needed to know. And I was not reporting a bug, I was of the mind this problem had something to do with a world building problem, mabey to many of the same mob in one area or such because it only happens in two new areas I have made up , Has never happened in any other zone , But I will take your two copper and mabey buy some rations thanx.

P.S Thanks for the serious answers sdabbs65 and Sarepean :)

Muuss
11-03-2004, 12:23 AM
with a lil bit of work, you could certainly migrate your 5.7 db to 6.0 and use the latest EQemu Release ? this would help you to get rid of old fixed bugs !

Sakrateri
11-03-2004, 12:41 AM
Yes I am in the process of trying to do that but I have been having alot of problems with perl working and I have many custom quests I dont want to lose nor all of the player accounts I have. Not sure if Im doing something wrong or not but keep having alot of bugs with 6.0., I will keep trying though until I can get it to work bug free , Thanks Muuss.

Muuss
11-03-2004, 01:50 AM
I meant, you could move the content of your 5.7 db to 6.0 format and then use 6.0 source. Doing this, npc IDs won't change, so wont the quests, etc...

the idea would be :
source PEQ kunark
dump its structure, not its data
rebuild a new and empty DB with the structure

dump the datas from 5.7, with full inserts (ie insert into table where id=4, name='muuss'). mysqldump knows how to do this.
source the datas into the 6.0 struct.

You may have a few things that happen, like players losing their inventory/bank... i dit this at home, and obtained a workable 6.0 db, so i guess anybody else may do it )

sotonin
11-03-2004, 02:13 AM
which is way less buggy and alot more content then 6.0

what dream world are you living in?

Muuss
11-03-2004, 02:17 AM
5.7 has more content... tho i agree with Sot. for the bugs and the overall quality, PEQ classic+kunark is really impressive !

sotonin
11-03-2004, 02:20 AM
Oh you're talking about the alpha 1 database? More content? Well sure but it's bug ridden and incomplete. and the loot system is garbage. Faction is untweaked... It's no comparison. at all. And about 50+ bugs were fixed from 5.7 -> 6.0 So i stand by my statement. There is NO comparison between 5.7 and 6.0

Sakrateri
11-03-2004, 03:32 AM
No comparison in the origanal database , faction has been updated on my server along with alot of other problems fixed, all hand work , hence the reason not wanting to lose it , you might know what your talking about when it comes to the original release Soto but you have no idea what I have done to my database , is it your job to get on and just argue points or something you just like to do ? So there IS a comparison in the two , I have tried 6.0 and my database kicks its ass thank you very much .

I will try what you suggested Muuss thanks for the serious replys

sotonin
11-03-2004, 04:53 AM
I think the point was, 6.0 has too many fixes and feature additions to count. ANY database can be converted to 6.0 and using the dated buggy 5.7 is living in the past. Do what you want, but you are only limiting yourself :)

I have tried 6.0 and my database kicks its ass thank you very much

Funny, your database kicks the crap out of the 6.0 source. considering how they are completely different things (one being sourcecode which runs the server, another being a database that simply has mob info, locations, etc), thats pretty funny. :roll:

Sakrateri
11-03-2004, 05:10 AM
I am talking about the available database for the 6.0 not the source, it is the database I have issues with NOT the source code , when I have tried to source it into my existing database it fugs it all up. The available 6.0 DB sucks

sotonin
11-03-2004, 05:29 AM
They changed fucking table structures the DAY we released kunark, Really annoying it always seems to happen that way. Follow the updated 6.0 walkthrough on emu page and it works flawlessly though.

Don't say the DB sucks when it's really just you, or you'd be seeing 787878787 threads OMG KUNARK SUCKS IT WONT WORK.

sdabbs65
11-03-2004, 07:03 AM
They changed fucking table structures the DAY we released kunark, Really annoying it always seems to happen that way. Follow the updated 6.0 walkthrough on emu page and it works flawlessly though.

Don't say the DB sucks when it's really just you, or you'd be seeing 787878787 threads OMG KUNARK SUCKS IT WONT WORK.

hmmm I dunno about the database is seems to be ok for a starter
database and a lot more than anyone else has given the community.and is by no means complete in any way but I think it's not kewl to say it sucks just because it dont work with your outdated server.
I use PEQ Kurnak and it is fine to play with untill the next release gives us POP and so on if you really wanted to contribute to the community then I suggest shareing all the custom quest you have made so others can benifit from all your hard work...
and I thank anyone who makes a Database and shares it regardless of what it has.

ps: "SOL"I like the way you said fucking table "lol"...
that just my 2 coppers you can bank them...

sotonin
11-03-2004, 08:35 AM
Nothing will ever be "complete" But we have the most truely collected nameds than anybody hands down. I guarantee that. Same for pathing and loot. Faction will never be great. but it's a lot better than it used to be.

As far as zones, sure. not complete. never claimed to be. When Luclin and pop rolls around though i promise it will be 1000000x better than the 5.7 alpha1 pile of mess :wink:

If you have ever tried searching for an item or npc in our db you'd realize just how complete it really is. Barring a few rare occasions, we have every npc recorded on hackersquest, which is a LOT, if not all. (Some, especially in velious are in the db but not set to spawn because they will need to be manually placed)

Kunark is the first expansion to have this level of named accuracy thanks to a conversion script of the HQ database. All future releases will include these npcs as well. So you are stabbing yourself in the foot to not use them imo. But to each his own.

Sakrateri
11-03-2004, 11:35 PM
I have followed the walkthrough many times and the best I can get is into my server with a character for it to just freeze up on me after about one second, no errors no warnings just freeze then have to reboot my computer , this seems to happen to anyone getting on it , and perl version is even worse.

sdabbs65
11-04-2004, 01:15 AM
I have followed the walkthrough many times and the best I can get is into my server with a character for it to just freeze up on me after about one second, no errors no warnings just freeze then have to reboot my computer , this seems to happen to anyone getting on it , and perl version is even worse.

and that has what to do with the PEQ database ????

Sakrateri
11-04-2004, 02:26 AM
well it sounds like a database issue to me , the EQEMU 6.0 source seems to be running fine. and I can run My database and get in but mobs and quests are fudged , just running the peq database causes this freezing . Mabey im wrong though I dont know mabey its because its November and not December or mabey cause its Thursday and not Friday ...

sotonin
11-04-2004, 04:48 AM
well it sounds like a database issue to me

It's not.

govtcheeze
11-04-2004, 05:15 AM
Sakarati, if you have such an amazing database, why not release it so the community can benefit from your hard work?

BTW this is not intended as a flame or a sarcastic question, so please do not take it as such.

Sakrateri
11-04-2004, 07:55 AM
I have talked to Smogo I believe it was about helping out with the quest depository , Which I think is an excellent idea and hopefully will be adding my quests there as soon as I can get them all catagorized . And I dont take that question as a flame or sarcasm so np , This whole post was not suppose to get as out of hand as it has , its just that I asked a simple question and Soto being the L33t person he is instead of trying to help has always got to start out with a bad attitude to any question. As a matter of fact I cant even remember what my origianl question was now.

sotonin
11-04-2004, 08:29 AM
Actually you started with the bad attitude.

I very helpfully and very nicely just pointed out that using 5.7 and reporting bugs is pointless, because 95% of them were fixed with the 6.0 releases. You took that the wrong way and started to flame me with direct insults to the people who worked on the database (blaming code issues on the database mind you). It's you that should watch what you say, you'll just end up pissing more people off.

unless you upgrade to 6.0 reporting bugs is pointless
5.7 is a completely different game than 6.0 imo

Sorry, but i am having a hard time seeing how this is in any way a bad attitude in any form or fashion.

Sakrateri
11-04-2004, 08:42 AM
LoL I believe iISTARTED this post with a question not a bad attitude , that would be on page 1 if your not sure , need a link Soto my boy ?

sotonin
11-04-2004, 08:56 AM
Never said you started the post with one. Just that you started the bad attitude. I did not have one until you insulted our database on the basis of a server code issue.