PDA

View Full Version : Eq Browser : Allakhazam Clone

Muuss
11-04-2004, 12:44 AM
Hi there,

I always enjoyed exploring EQ thru allkahazam's website. So i made a clone of allakhazam for EqEmu. That clone isn't fully finished, but there's yet a few things that work ok. It works with any 6.0 database and should also work with 5.7 (tested it, seems ok).

It requires a webserver supporting PHP and Mysql. The best choice under linux is Apache+PHP+Mysql, under Windows... easyphp for private use, perhaps , dunno really :)

After downloading the archive (eqbrowser.tar.gz), open the README.TXT file and follow the instructions, its not hard to install, just don't forget to source the needed sql files. The provided SQL files add 2 tables, races and spells, and don't modify in any way the EQEmulator tables.

The website where you can download it is : http://eqemu.vilvert.net/downloads.php

There's no forum on that website ATM, i m working on it. If you have some things to comment or add, please do it here, or by mail (email address on the website). Any addition, bug fixes are welcome !

A few snapshots :

http://eqemu.vilvert.net/upload/chardok.gif
http://eqemu.vilvert.net/upload/item.gif
http://eqemu.vilvert.net/upload/faction.gif
http://eqemu.vilvert.net/upload/npc.gif
http://eqemu.vilvert.net/upload/recipe.gif
http://eqemu.vilvert.net/upload/zones.gif

govtcheeze
11-04-2004, 02:17 AM
This sounds like an awesome tool. Can you provide a link to a working example or screenshots of what it looks like? Thanks!

Muuss
11-04-2004, 05:46 AM
try that link : ------------
This is temp, i ll post some snapshots asap ! (12 hours at work yet, can't wait to be back home !)

edit : removed the link, i added the snapshots !

govtcheeze
11-04-2004, 06:05 AM
This is SOOOO cool. I love the idea of allowing people to see "under the hood" so to speak. Very nice job.

sotonin
11-04-2004, 07:40 AM
Ya, that's a pretty neat idea. My editor is basically the same thing in guest mode. But allakhazam is a friendly and usually familar interface for people :)

nice work

Camaris
11-04-2004, 11:51 PM
Hi muss, could i know what should i to do for run u tool on WIN-XP, u said that i must download easyphp, but easyphp only works on apache? then i also need to set a apache server for run this tool? i would like only use u tool without set a server or any other thing.. is it possible?

And u eq-browser like allakhazam looks very nice, u did a great work, thx for share it with the community.

Muuss
11-05-2004, 01:06 AM
In fact, easyphp is apache+mysql+php.
It's enough by itself. You only need the database, no need to install eqemu server.

- install easyphp
- create a database named eq for example
- source a database package in it, like PEQ for example
- install the browser into the easyphp html tree (read the README.TXT for instructions)

And it should run.

Muuss
11-10-2004, 03:38 AM
Updated, added pets stats and corrected a few things.

Kroeg
11-12-2004, 02:52 PM
Very NICE! I'm sending this to my webserver right now! Thanks a lot Muuss! :D

Muuss
11-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Any suggestion on things i could add or modify ? :)

1Boppoom1
11-13-2004, 08:24 AM
not sure what the problem is cause i dont know crap but anyone know why by this?:

Notice: Undefined variable: Title in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqbrowser\includes\headers.ph p on line 5
My EQemu Server

Zones...
Zones by continents...

Populated zones...

Items...
Search...

Spells...
Search...

Factions...
Search...

NPCs...
Search...

Pets...

Trade skills...
Search...

Notice: Undefined variable: ShowCharacters in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqbrowser\includes\menu.php on line 17

Notice: Undefined variable: ShowAccount in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqbrowser\includes\menu.php on line 17

Notice: Undefined variable: ShowAccounts in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqbrowser\includes\menu.php on line 20

Notice: Undefined variable: ShowCharacters in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqbrowser\includes\menu.php on line 23

Notice: Undefined variable: Title in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqbrowser\includes\headers.ph p on line 14

My EQemu Server - 0.1

Muuss
11-13-2004, 10:18 AM
Aren't you using IIS ?
i don't know much about it, but i doubt it suppots php by default...

1Boppoom1
11-13-2004, 01:52 PM
yeah im using IIS but i still cant get this to work what am i supposed to use? ive coppied and done all the steps it told me to 5 times......

Muuss
11-14-2004, 04:54 AM
I know absolutely nothing about IIS, i think it doesn't support PHP scripts. You need a php module, or something that makes IIS able to execute PHP if it doesn't yet.
the first test you could do is to create a file named test.php and containing :
<?php
print "that test is working";
?>

Place it into your html tree then try to view it with your browser. If you see ONLY 'that test is working', it means that your IIS supports PHP, if not, for example, you can read everything, from <?php to ?>, well, go back to what i wrote at the beginning of the post, you need to add something to IIS to make it working with PHP. I m sorry i can't help you more than this.

Kroeg
11-14-2004, 07:35 PM
I use IIS and php works just fine. All I need to do to get php working is install php, then make sure IIS knows how to handle a .php document and it works.

Muuss
11-14-2004, 07:46 PM
Would you describe what you need to do to make it to work for 1Boppoom1, plz? like which file you need to modify to add php support, and how ?

Muuss
11-15-2004, 01:39 AM
Between 2 rants, updated to 0.2.1

Version 0.2.1
- (Muuss) Added an option to reduce the items research to sold or droped items.
- (Muuss) Added an option to reduce the items research to items with a stat higher or lower than the specified value.
- (Muuss) Added the possibility to display chances of droping of each item in the npc display page (see config.php).
- (Muuss) Added item type to zones equipment list.
- (Muuss) Added required level to items research and items display.
- (Muuss) Added display of surrounding spawngroups in the spawngroups display page. (see config.php for range)
- (Muuss) Added the possibility to remove sold items from zones equipments lists. (see config.php)
- (Muuss) Added the possibility to remove drop lists from merchant npcs. (see config.php)
- (Muuss) Modified the NPC page to display spells and drops in columns.
- (Muuss) Corrected a few bugs.

Muuss
11-24-2004, 03:20 AM
Updated to 0.3.
This is a major update, you can personnalize the header and the welcome page and items has been seriously revamped. Roughly everything about them is now displayed. I also added the option to use News so server admins can keep the players alerted of DB changes or whatever else they want.

- (Muuss) Added personnalization facilities, see README.TXT.
- (Muuss) Added optional News support, see config.php and source includes/sql/news.sql into your database.
- (Muuss) Remade NPC spell's list, it now correctly works.
- (Muuss) Added support for additional modifiers to items display.
- (Muuss) Added items price support to npc and item display.
- (Muuss) Added deity restrictions to items research and display.
- (Muuss) Merchants won't appear anymore in items droper's list (see config.php)
- (Muuss) Totally revamped items display page.
- (Muuss) Added Mainhand/Offhand efficiency to weapons display.
- (Muuss) Added Spell effects parameter to spell research.
- (Muuss) Completed the README file.

Download from the link in my sig.

Muuss
11-24-2004, 05:07 AM
Forgot to add in the README.TXT file that you MUST use the last items dump or you'll only obtain nodrop items with the search item's form.

mwmdragon
03-31-2005, 06:33 AM
I have a working Apache / php / mysql webserver. But when I try to use the EQBrowser 0.3 web site on it. I get a ton of Variables that are not defined.
My config.php file is set up correctly.. but for some reason - no variables.

Anyone have a quick fix for me to try?

sdabbs65
03-31-2005, 08:05 AM
I have a working Apache / php / mysql webserver. But when I try to use the EQBrowser 0.3 web site on it. I get a ton of Variables that are not defined.
My config.php file is set up correctly.. but for some reason - no variables.

Anyone have a quick fix for me to try?

I saw this in the readme I downloaded it yesterday and it worked fine for me.

The files into that directory are needed for eqbrowser. You can remove them once everything is running fine and till next update.

REQUIRED : races.sql -> creates the races table.
REQUIRED : spells.sql -> creates the spells table.
OPTIONAL : news.sql -> creates the eqbnews table. Only required if you $EnableNews is at TRUE in config.php

mwmdragon
03-31-2005, 06:40 PM
No not that data in the Database is missing it is not registering the PHP variable for the website.. like...

Undefined Variable: ShowCharacters in menu.php on line 22

Undefined Variable: ShowCharacters in headers.php on line 5

And a few others

Anyone else.. have some help for me?

knightz
04-01-2005, 04:53 AM
Curious if you could release the tool to extract the icons?

I noticed there are ones missing in the included icons.

bUri

Darktanion
05-13-2005, 02:51 PM
Your links on that page are broken because when I click on them it just brings me to the same page and then I am at a stand still again looking at the same download links. I tried all three of them and it will not let me download anything. Just want to use it thanks :)

vRandom
06-11-2005, 06:57 AM
This might help with the undefinded vars errors. As of php 4.2.0 the php.ini setting for register_globals was set to off, this helps prevent the ingecting of data etc...

basically, open your php.ini and change the register_globals = off to on, this should correct some of the undefinded errors your getting.

I wouldn't recomend this on a "Live" site, but internal site should be ok.

for more infomation on register_globals, visit us3.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.register-globals

:)
vRandom

Muuss
03-20-2006, 04:33 AM
Due to popular demand and before people to start to commit suicides, here comes a 6.5 version of eqbrowser.

http://eqemu.vilvert.fr/eqbrowser_0.4.tar.gz

Please read all this topic before starting to install, and don't forget to source the included sql files (includes/sql/*sql).

This is fully compatible with PEQ luclin DB. Be aware that due to DB changes, the pet part won't work on a custom DB. Edit includes/constantes.php in that case (good luck).

Muuss

Please : stop sending nude women to my home, this becomes embarrassing :D

Belfedia
03-20-2006, 05:19 AM
Nice news :)

But i don't send nude women, you don't receive nude mens ? :p :p :p

Muuss
03-20-2006, 05:24 AM
OMG, I just understood why my wife is so tired these days !

mattmeck
03-20-2006, 05:33 AM
WB again Muuss, glad to see old projects made current!!

Muuss
03-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Please forgive a small mistake I made with 0.4 release, concerning item prices and shopkeepers.

If you yet downloaded 0.4, download it again, and just uncompress it over your previous install (config file won't be splashed, save your template files if you made some).

--- SMALL TIP for people who wanna test eqbrowser without creating new tables in their EQEmu database ---

- Create a database named eqbrowser (or anything else).
- Source the eqbrowser sql files (includes/sql/*.sql) into that DB, source also the spells (from allspells.sql or from import_spells.pl)
- Edit includes/constantes.php and modify the following variables to :
$tbspells="eqbrowser.spells";
$tbnews="eqbrowser.news";
$tbraces="eqbrowser.races";

If you have several EQEmu databases, prefer this option, it will save you some time.

sesmar
03-21-2006, 01:13 AM
This may be a little late but I had this tutorial sitting around that I wrote sometime ago about how to install PHP 4 on IIS 5.1 (version shipped with windows XP Pro) You can view the tutorial at http://portfolio.sesmar.net/tutorials/php4.php

I hope this helps for setting up PHP on IIS.

cavedude
03-21-2006, 11:27 AM
I have been unable to get eqbrowser to work, on both Winblows and Linux. Whenever I try to do anything at all (eg search) it always takes me back to the list of zones and how many mobs are in each (which is correct, so it is communicating with my db) Do you have any suggestions?

Two things I did notice, by default the configs point to your server I think and you left your root password in ;)

Muuss
03-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Dude, thank you for your warning :)
Edit your php.ini, and put "Register_globals" at ON, it should fix your problem.

sdabbs65
03-22-2006, 12:27 AM
I had the same problem it's a php.ini config problem.
check your globals.

cavedude
03-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Thanks guys! It works great.

Muuss
03-23-2006, 05:58 AM
I've just finished to rework all the spell part of eqbrowser. Spell description matches now Lucy's (word for word, or almost).

This is a major improvement, spells are now fully described and understandable. I've also included a new allspells.sql file that contains the 9/13/2006 spells.

http://eqemu.vilvert.fr/eqbrowser-0.4.1.tar.gz

If you encounter some spells with incorrect or incomplete descriptions, please report them here so i can't fix the source code. Be aware that lucy's AC calculation bonuses from spells doesn't match the result from the browser, I know that, it ll remain that way unless someones explains me exactly how they make their calculation (took mine from eqemu's source code).

Muuss

cavedude
03-23-2006, 06:08 AM
Well the way I see it, the spell calculations in the browser should resemble EQEmu, and not Lucy. While the end goal is a total Live clone, we aren't there yet and so all of the killer 3rd party apps like yours should reflect that.

Muuss
03-23-2006, 07:17 AM
Not wrong :)

Muuss
03-24-2006, 01:04 AM
For those of you who like updates...

http://eqemu.vilvert.fr/eqbrowser-0.4.2.tar.gz

I've added a chart of the zones levels, that looks like allakhazam's zones level. Zones arent sorted cause that page is dynamic and sorting all that stuff is an heavy CPU work. I ll perhaps add the sort with an option to unvalidate it.

Also added haste in items search.

Muuss
03-27-2006, 03:06 AM
Updated again : (0.4.3)

http://eqemu.vilvert.fr/eqbrowser-0.4.3.tar.gz

Be aware that you need to update 'spells' table. This may be done by running includes/sql/update-0.4_0.4.3.sql, then running import_spells.pl (edit it before).
You can also remove the table then source allspells.sql (which is uptodate to 9/13).

- Added a pet description page.
- Added special attacks to pets and npcs pages.
- Sorted zones by level in the zone levels list (can be unvalidated from config file if it eats to much CPU on your server).
- Fixed a bug with items with small prices (less than 1 plat).
- Fixed a display bug in zone levels page that was showing the first zone from the DB after each level row.
- Added a new variable in config file that allows to configure the max number of items/recipes returned by the search engines.

TODO:
Complete races, spell descriptions.
Improve tradeskills
Add quests (big job)
Follow suggestions...

cavedude
03-27-2006, 07:16 AM
The changes are sweet! Excellent work!

Muuss
03-29-2006, 03:54 AM
Guess what... New release.

Today, I ve added support for perl quests. This is a bit hard to configure and requires a little bit of Linux knowledge (should be easier under windows).

For each NPC that has a quest in a zone, you now have a link that points to that quest and allows the visitors to read it. It makes use of a perl parser that is ran when the page for the quest is displayed. The parser is able to do all the EVENT_SAY and EVENT_ITEM part if it's written without the use of plugin:: methods. It's limited to a simple syntax, but is able to understand a good amount of possibilities. Hard to be exhaustive. The parser runs the EVENT_SAY and EVENT_ITEM methods and puts the result in html files. They are displayed by eqbrowser right after.

To be more clear, the parser emulates what the player could do with the NPC and displays the results.

Technically, the result displayed may be surprising. For example, if in the quest perl file you test the second step of the quest before the first one, it will appear in that order in the web page...

There will be improvements soon, like the possibility to display a quest after choosing your class, race and level. Probably some fixes too in the parser...

http://eqemu.vilvert.fr/eqbrowser-0.5.tar.gz

You must give your webserver the rights to read the directory where your quests stand. This may be hard to fix under certain cases, make a copy of your quests somewhere else if it's easier. You can ask for help here or on my private forums (see sig).

Please report bugs and possible improvements.

aza77
03-29-2006, 04:50 AM
one of the best tools imo :)
thanks for your work muuss

Muuss
03-29-2006, 07:03 PM
It's only a browser that uses existing data, nothing to compare in front of the skills and work needed to re-create a full emulator. Thanks anyway :)

Muuss
03-30-2006, 03:07 AM
Version 0.5.1 is done. If you plan to use quests in eqbrowser, this is an important update.

http://eqemu.vilvert.fr/eqbrowser-0.5.1.tar.gz

*** Quests ***

- Support added for client->GetCharacterFactionLevel. It returns an average value depending of the faction choosen for the quest, if no faction, it returns 99 which is a high indifferent faction.

- I ve added a choice at the top of the quest page that allows people to choose a class, a faction lvl with the npc and the lvl of the character when they display the quest. Try any of the velious quest armor npcs for the faction. Try Cain Darkmoore in West Freeport for the class.
snapshots :
http://eqemu.vilvert.fr/lhranc1.jpg
http://eqemu.vilvert.fr/lhranc2.jpg
http://eqemu.vilvert.fr/cain_darkmoore.jpg

- Spell casted by the npcs are displayed now, like bind affinity for the soulbinders.

- I took a long time to emulate the behaviour of the 2 plugins present in the PEQ quest pack. soulbinder_say and check_handin. Both work.

*** Other ***
- Fixed an issue with bags in zones items list. They were appearing as 1HS instead of bags.
- Inverted x and y in each loc, they match now the locs given by the ingame /loc command.
- Fixed a few spell effects and added duration and full results for dam and healings over time. Fixed attack and movement speeds

That's all for today even for the week. If some stuff is missing or needs to be tweaked, please report it.

Muuss

Muuss
04-27-2006, 12:41 AM
0.5.2 is out.

A few fixes, and several improvements :

- You can now export a spell list to a csv file, compatible with excel. This is a fast and easy way to create and print spell's list. Spells can be filtered by class, level, or even their name.

- I ve added a Strategy menu, for now, it only contains a script that allows a player to compare his weapons. Calculations are based on Emu's source code and Monkley Business's way of calculating weapon's efficiency. More script will be written later.

- Items that are used or rewarded in quests are added to a table when the quest is parsed. When the item is displayed later, information about the quest are given. (think to source includes/sql/quests.sql to create the table).

Download :
http://eqemu.vilvert.fr/eqbrowser-0.5.2.tar.gz

---- 0.5.2 ----
- Added the possibility to dump spells into a CSV file (txt file, with comma separated columns, can be imported directly into Excel).
- Added a comparator for 2H and dual weilded 1H weapons efficiency.
- Added a link to the zone in the quest page, and added info that specifies that the NPC will return extra items if the player gave him some.
- Fixed the quests for NPCs whose names begin with a sharp (#).
- Added a variable in config.php that permits to hide Invisible Men in bestiaries.
- Added a table that contains a list of items handed or rewarded in the quests (populated when people browse the quests).
- Added quest::ChooseRandom, plugin::try_tome_handins & quest::unique_spawn to quests methods.
- Added spawned NPCs to parsed quests.
- Fixed recognition for (($itemcount{..} && $itemcount{..})==1) syntax.
- Added the chances to have the items droped by NPCs in item's page. (see config.php)
- Added lore name to item's page.
- Added the possibility to search for items thru their focus/worn/proc/clicky effects & mana/hp regeneration & weapon delay.
- Added sort order by class or race in zone bestiaries.
- Added a maximum level for mob droped items in item's search page.
- Fixed Cazic Thule in the Antonica's zones list.
- Item prices are now in points instead of money for the LDON merchants.

cavedude
04-27-2006, 12:47 AM
Sweet! This has to be my favorite tool that's available! Keep up the awesome work.

Muuss
07-17-2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks Cave)

Time has come for the next release : 0.5.3.
Download URL : http://eqemu.vilvert.fr/eqbrowser-0.5.3.tar.gz

version 0.5.3
- Added a detailled mob listing for zones, with spawn points, drops, and possibility to dump to CSV file or EQ map files.
- Fixed the url for NPCs snapshots (jpg files in /npcs directory, name is NPC's id).
- Added resist and resist adjustment to spells (ressource spells.sql and rerun import_spells.pl).
- Added support for quest::setnexthpevent, quest::set_zone_flag, quest::gmmove & quest::pause.
- Added support for entity_list->GetMobID(), npc->AddToHateList() & entity->CastToNPC() to quests.
- Fixed quests with no sub EVENT_ITEM {}.
- Added proc damage to the melee damage calculator.
- Added attack speed and average melee damage to NPCs (see config.php). Average melee damage reflects how much brut damages the mob does per round, if not accurate due to mitigation, tank level and avoidance, it permits to compare the mobs between em.
- Added "NPC by faction" in Bestiary's submenu.
- Added Primary faction and details about spells to npc's description.
- Removed the SQL update files for version 0.3 and under. Just source includes/sql/*sql files for a fresh install.
- Added details to items (stackable, fixed price...)
- Added the possibility to ignore certain zones (config.php).
- Added ground spawns support.

Muuss
07-17-2006, 08:20 PM
I've started to add a few npc pictures to the browser, based on PEQ database (mostly some dragons). Not many obviously.
If someone adds more of them, please post a /npcs directory archive. I can upload it to my own server to make it available for all, if needed.

busyallnightill6
07-25-2006, 08:14 AM
The link isn't working for me. It downloads 'eqbrowser-0.5.3.tar.tar' so when i extract it theres another .tar file inside it. So it wont extract the second .tar file in there. Am i doing something wrong?

Aramid
07-25-2006, 09:02 AM
The link isn't working for me. It downloads 'eqbrowser-0.5.3.tar.tar' so when i extract it theres another .tar file inside it. So it wont extract the second .tar file in there. Am i doing something wrong?

I downloaded it and it opened up just fine using WinRaR.

busyallnightill6
07-25-2006, 11:41 PM
Looked up WinRaR and downloaded it. Worked perfectly, thank you

Dralanna
06-30-2007, 02:19 AM
Obviously this thread is ancient.... but I just started playing around with this tool and wonder if anyone has it fully functional with the current version of the emu?

gernblan
10-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Anyone still have this? I'd like to host it to keep it alive in case someone wants to pick it up and work on it... please mail to gernblanATgmailDOTcom if you happen to have a copy of the last version.

Thanks!

Ayala
10-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Sent to you gernblan. Also from gmail so you should have it already most likely.

gernblan
10-17-2007, 05:20 AM
Got it! Thanks!

Ok hosted and here it will stay for a long time to come (unless someone updates it of course... if you DO, send it to me and I'll host your changes too!)

http://stash.buttwrenching.com/eqbrowser-0.5.3.tar.gz

Bulle
03-12-2008, 05:32 PM
I installed this neat tool this morning. Of course I encountered the register_variables quirk, that I fixed by putting the following in the config.php file as I did not want to change my system-wide php.ini :

import_request_variables("gp");

I also had to define the following in my config.php file otherwise I was getting errors :
$IgnoreZones=array();

Anyone else had this problem ?

Anyway, very neat tool. Chapeau Muuss, if you still read that ! And thank you gernblan for hosting it.

Bulle
03-15-2008, 01:12 AM
After discovering EQBrower I made quite a few improvements to it, which I would share with the community if there is interest.

From my understanding this tool is now "orphaned", and may be I could take charge of it for a bit. I tried to contact Muuss at the email mentioned in the README but got no reply. It would be nice to have this open-source.

In a nutshell here are the changes I did the last couple days. I probably broke other stuff doing it :D , but for the time being it suits my need. The most notable changes may be the icons (easy but useful) linking to the PEQ Editor. That way EQBrowser can be used for searching/browsing, and PEQ Editor for changes.

- (Bulle) code cosmetics change (privilege when working on an orphaned project).
- (Bulle) Indentation of the generated HTML code - first shot at XHTML compliance.
- (Bulle) Make the top part of the page (header) optional through a flag in config.php.
- (Bulle) Made "faction.php" and "factions.php" interoperate. If "faction.php" is passed an invalid faction it redirects to "factions.php". If "factions.php" finds one and only one faction it redirects to "faction.php" with the found faction.
- (Bulle) Made "faction.php" more Wiki-friendly : it accepts both an 'id' and 'name' parameter. If the 'id' parameter is non-empty it is used. Otherwise if the 'name' parameter is not empty it is used to query for the faction.
- (Bulle) Same remarks for "npc.php", "npcs.php", "item.php" and "items.php"
- (Bulle) Added icons in factions, NPCs and items to link to a PEQ Editor and Lucy when possible
- (Bulle) Diverted the place where NPC images are searched for. Now it links to a Mediawiki installation (which has to be installed) used to store the images. Allows for much easier image upload as no access to the server filesystem is needed
- (Bulle) Added two "generic" search fields in the menu bar, one for searching on the name, one on the ID. It looks for items, NPCs or factions
- (Bulle) Displayed the IDs of objects in many places, which makes life much easier for the world builder

cavedude
03-15-2008, 01:30 AM
The most notable changes may be the icons (easy but useful) linking to the PEQ Editor. That way EQBrowser can be used for searching/browsing, and PEQ Editor for changes.

I would so be interested in that once you get everything squared with Muuss!

nosfentora
03-17-2008, 04:06 AM
Had a problem running 'perl import_spells.pl'

it would error out with 'cat' is not recognized as an internal or external command.... etc

after a little searching i found this:

cat -> perl -MExtUtils::Command -e cat

i replaced
@ids=`cat $spellfile`;
with
@ids=`perl -MExtUtils::Command -e cat $spellfile`;

and it ran fine. Hope it helps!

slowglass
03-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Bulle, I tried to contact Muuss about a year ago but had no luck.
It was the main reason that I rewote my Alakazam - emulator from scratch.

There was not much interest in it at the time (and I stopped playing with the emulator) so I pulled the software. If people are interested I can repost it (once I have checked it out for bugs).

The code is all open source so people are free to do what ever they like with it.

Comments are always more than welcome.

Bulle
03-18-2008, 08:59 AM
That smells of a full rewrite then... Not that I am too afraid of it. I am toying with a quest "helper" at the moment so I probably will not start that before a few weeks, but this tool in a web-based form definitely fits in how I plan to edit/browse the database.

The main question at the moment is do I stick to PHP (which I just discovered really = newbie), or do I just switch to Java/Tomcat as I am very familiar with that (like in, I use that everyday...), and the fact that Java is a full-fledged programming language.

I would surely like having a look and a try at what you wrote, ideas and possibly code are always nice to get.

Bulle
03-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Funny how life is. Right after posting my previous answer I received a response from Muss, that I copy here for those French-reading people out there :D

Salut Bulle

Tu peux disposer d'EQBrowser comme bon te semble, si ca te fait plaisir
d'ajouter le fichier texte qui manque pour un faire un GPL, ne t'en prive
pas, comme tu le dis, je suis plus dans le circuit, mais ca me fait quand
meme plaisir que quelqu'un veuille utiliser ce que j'ai fait auparavant :)
Si tu mets ca sur un serveur web quelque part, fait moi signe, j'irai y
jeter un oeil !
Muuss

OK I will translate for the rest (most?) of you :

Hi Bulle

You can make use of EQBrowser however you feel like, if you would like to
add the missing file to make it GPL go ahead, as you mentioned I am not in
the loop anymore, but I am happy that someone would like to reuse what I
have done before.
If you put that on a web-server somewhere let me know, I will go have a
look !
Muuss

In short Muuss is fine with making what he has written GPL and opening it for other developers to change, and I thank him for his kindness. It can sure help putting together a solid web-based DB browsing tool.

I will try to make my latest changes available soon, for those who would like to try out some new capabilities. Hopefully this week-end. The "communication" between PEQ Editor and EQBrowser is something I would like to receive feedback on.

I am still interested in the work you did slowglass (was it the Al'Kabor Almanac ?). Combining all this material, there must be a way to do something nice.

slowglass
03-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Yes it was.

I'll try to have a version available on a web site by the end of Friday together with an example web site

slowglass
03-18-2008, 11:07 AM
I have not managed to set up a demo database yet but the code is available at http://www.slowglass.com/downloads/alkabor.tar.gz

Bulle
03-18-2008, 04:57 PM
No worries about the demo setup, I could have it up and running in like 20 minutes on my server (proof it is easy to setup). I had just one problem, which may lead to errors down the line : the tar.gz you provide contains a truncated TAR archive (I get an error when opening it with both 7-Zip and Linux tar command). Hopefully only some icons are missing. If you can upload a "better" TAR I'll gladly re-install it.

The way you show the query results is quite interesting. When I start working again on the browser I will have a look at that. You handle paging the results nicely. Although sometimes what I will like is just a brutal query returning 10.000 items and look into them with Firefox search (when running locally performance is hardly an issue). I guess both modes are useful to have. I also liked how everything regarding one item or NPC could fit into one page in the original EQBrowser (I have a 24 inch screen so I put it to good use). I hate Tabs with a passion ever since Windows introduced tham, and that was a long while ago !

I had an error when viewing a character, I don't know if it is "normal" at the moment.

Definitely a good tool with good ideas, I guess the truth for me is in between EQBrowser and the Almanach. Thank you for sharing it, it will certainly help.

slowglass
03-19-2008, 03:33 AM
I have updated the zip file.
I have also placed a demo site on the same box at http://www.slowglass.com/alkabor

I have not had time to look into the problem with the inventory page so I have enabled my Magelo clone on the demo site

Muuss
03-21-2008, 07:37 AM
Hi peeps !

Bulle
03-31-2008, 02:54 PM
As promised (even if somewhat late, the latest week-ends have been busy) here is my updated version of EQBrowser, featuring quite a few improvements, and potentially a few things I have broken. As I plan to maintain/support this tool for the time being your bug reports/remarks are welcome.

I am still unsure on how to maintain this code, but I am thinking of making a Sourceforge project for it. Let's discuss the idea here.

In the meantime, have fun toying with this quite nice tool.

Link : http://dl.free.fr/jRrH6ILnp/eqbrowser-0.6.0.7z

fault
03-31-2008, 03:17 PM
After discovering EQBrower I made quite a few improvements to it, which I would share with the community if there is interest.

From my understanding this tool is now "orphaned", and may be I could take charge of it for a bit. I tried to contact Muuss at the email mentioned in the README but got no reply. It would be nice to have this open-source.

In a nutshell here are the changes I did the last couple days. I probably broke other stuff doing it :D , but for the time being it suits my need. The most notable changes may be the icons (easy but useful) linking to the PEQ Editor. That way EQBrowser can be used for searching/browsing, and PEQ Editor for changes.

- (Bulle) code cosmetics change (privilege when working on an orphaned project).
- (Bulle) Indentation of the generated HTML code - first shot at XHTML compliance.
- (Bulle) Make the top part of the page (header) optional through a flag in config.php.
- (Bulle) Made "faction.php" and "factions.php" interoperate. If "faction.php" is passed an invalid faction it redirects to "factions.php". If "factions.php" finds one and only one faction it redirects to "faction.php" with the found faction.
- (Bulle) Made "faction.php" more Wiki-friendly : it accepts both an 'id' and 'name' parameter. If the 'id' parameter is non-empty it is used. Otherwise if the 'name' parameter is not empty it is used to query for the faction.
- (Bulle) Same remarks for "npc.php", "npcs.php", "item.php" and "items.php"
- (Bulle) Added icons in factions, NPCs and items to link to a PEQ Editor and Lucy when possible
- (Bulle) Diverted the place where NPC images are searched for. Now it links to a Mediawiki installation (which has to be installed) used to store the images. Allows for much easier image upload as no access to the server filesystem is needed
- (Bulle) Added two "generic" search fields in the menu bar, one for searching on the name, one on the ID. It looks for items, NPCs or factions
- (Bulle) Displayed the IDs of objects in many places, which makes life much easier for the world builder

Been waiting for someone to update this for a while. Since it seems mUUS has given you the goahead? Can we see a new version soon?

Bulle
03-31-2008, 03:53 PM
Just look above, the link is at the end of my last post.

fault
03-31-2008, 03:59 PM
I can;t edit my post so if a mod can merge this that would be awesome.

Thanks for the update. Few questions, This doesn;t HAVE to be run on the same machine as eqemu does it? I noticed the quests look for the eqemu directory. I have a test eqemu setup On my local machine, and this set up on my hosting, pointed towards the eq database on my local since it seems to require it.

Also Mirror:EQBrowser Mirror 6.0 (http://evlite.net/files/eqbrowser-0.6.0.7z)
Will update this mirror when I can

Edit.

So far the only bug I see is Spells, can;t seem to search. says *not found* when I search for clerics Healing

Bulle
03-31-2008, 04:18 PM
For spells, you have loaded the spells tables in your DB right ? I re-discovered this point in the README when making a fresh installation to try it out.

The quest functionality requires a copy of your quest directory to work. Basically it runs a script that parses the Perl files and populates tables with the result, ready for HTML rendering. Note that I have tried it on my PEQ quests directory (you can run it in "batch" mode) and it stalled on one file so it is probably not up-to-date anymore. And I do not plan to delve into this for the moment (it is quite intricate) so if you would like to fix it you are welcome :)

fault
03-31-2008, 06:03 PM
For spells, you have loaded the spells tables in your DB right ? I re-discovered this point in the README when making a fresh installation to try it out.

The quest functionality requires a copy of your quest directory to work. Basically it runs a script that parses the Perl files and populates tables with the result, ready for HTML rendering. Note that I have tried it on my PEQ quests directory (you can run it in "batch" mode) and it stalled on one file so it is probably not up-to-date anymore. And I do not plan to delve into this for the moment (it is quite intricate) so if you would like to fix it you are welcome :)

Awesome I completely forgot to source allspells.

fault
03-31-2008, 06:10 PM
it sucks not being able to edit the posts..

please merge...

C:\Users\Spre\Desktop\eqbrowser-0.6.0\eqbrowser-0.6.0\quests>parse_quest.pl qrg
mammoth.pl
install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
C:/Perl/site/lib C:/Perl/lib .) at (eval 7) line 3.
Perhaps the DBD::mysql perl module hasn't been fully installed,
or perhaps the capitalisation of 'mysql' isn't right.
Available drivers: DBM, ExampleP, File, Gofer, Proxy, SQLite, Sponge.
at C:\Users\Spre\Desktop\eqbrowser-0.6.0\eqbrowser-0.6.0\quests\parse_quest.pl
line 83

When I run the pl after editing the paths inside it.

slowglass
04-01-2008, 03:16 AM
I look forward to watching this project progress.
I will be keeping my eye out for ideas to steal for the Almanac, that I will try to keep up todate.

I hope that we can both feed off each other and end up with two useful but different solutions.

fault
04-01-2008, 03:35 AM
meh cygwin gayed up on me, isnt installing perl right.

If you run parse-quests.pl to parse each quest 1by1 it works. That as you know is time consuming =/ the sh <-> .bat Progress is lamed up on my end. Kinda wish cygwin had decent perl support.

cavedude
04-01-2008, 07:46 AM
As promised (even if somewhat late, the latest week-ends have been busy) here is my updated version of EQBrowser, featuring quite a few improvements, and potentially a few things I have broken. As I plan to maintain/support this tool for the time being your bug reports/remarks are welcome.

I was playing around with this for an hour and so far so good, I tested every function I could and nothing seems broken at all ;) The links are a very nice addition. The only things I was sad not to see was a link to the editor for tradeskill combines, and a link to Lucy for the spells. Other than that perfect so far! Thank you.

Bulle
04-01-2008, 12:20 PM
This is good news. The reason I did not put icons on spells and tradeskill is simple : I did not touch those pages at all, I was mostly concerned with NPCs, factions and items for a reason you will discover soon (I have a tool in the making for quest "configuration"). I can certainly put that on the wish-list for when I look at the other pages.

I wish I could have put links to other sites as well, like Allakhazam (eh), but the item numbers do not match for example (same applies to NPCs etc). Implementing that would require a mapping table, which would be nice to have, but a tad complicated to build even with some kind of robot.

cavedude
04-01-2008, 01:08 PM
This is good news. The reason I did not put icons on spells and tradeskill is simple : I did not touch those pages at all, I was mostly concerned with NPCs, factions and items for a reason you will discover soon (I have a tool in the making for quest "configuration"). I can certainly put that on the wish-list for when I look at the other pages.

That makes sense, not a big deal really I just felt the tradeskill and spell links would add a bit of completeness. Since spell IDs never change like items do, linking to Lucy wouldn't be a problem. The new tool sounds intriguing... Would it be used to help Allah-ize our quests in eqbrowser?

I wish I could have put links to other sites as well, like Allakhazam (eh), but the item numbers do not match for example (same applies to NPCs etc). Implementing that would require a mapping table, which would be nice to have, but a tad complicated to build even with some kind of robot.

Allah and Lucy are one in the same, so there really isn't a need to link to Allah for items, since you already have them linked to Lucy. For everything else, oh yeah I thought of that. I once tried to download Allah... 3 days and 12GB later it still wasn't done so I gave up. The site is a massive bird nest of IDs. Linking NPCs and the like would be so difficult it would become impractical, so I wouldn't even worry about it.

Bulle
04-01-2008, 01:28 PM
To put it short, despite me hating writing Perl for its syntax I am very quest-oriented. The fact is that the full power of Perl is rarely needed and I wanted to "specify" quests more visually and more concisely, at least for the 90% of the quests that do not really require complex processing (fetch, go talk to a guy, deliver an item, this sort of thing). As you can certainly understand, it is not meant to replace Perl as the "assembly" language of quests, but provide a simpler of writing basic quests.

I settled on the idea of writing quests as Wiki pages, with paragraphs for quest chapters, and visual clues about what you do (hand-in items, receive XP etc). Once the quest is written using pre-defined Macros (Templates) you fire up a parser that reads all that (Mediawiki export) and generates the Perl code. You are limited to the primitives provided but it is enough to write quite a few things.

I have completed the first draft of the parser and I will start a new thread about it soon. I just need to complete re-installing the EQEmu servers on my Linux box (sorting my mess if you prefer) and test it on a proper environment. The parser is written in Java for perfo^H^H^H^H^H ease of writing/debugging/prototyping :wink:

fault
04-02-2008, 02:38 PM
woul dit be possible to add a character/account management system to it? I added a minilogin reg script. and Cavedudes sexy char mover to it. I'd like to see something where users can login to it, maybe change things about their toons/options as well as a forum login/system or integration with ipb/vb

all in al VERY nice update bulle.

Bulle
04-02-2008, 03:11 PM
It is probably a question of point of view, but I would be happy to keep EQBrowser a "read-only" tool, at least regarding to the regular EQEmu DB tables used by the game. And if additional tables created just for the purpose of the browser get corrupted and have/can be reloaded without any harm , so much the better. In fact I run EQBrowser with a special MySQL user that has read-only access to all my EQEmu databases (I do not use the quest thingy at the moment).

I think it is very much possible to keep EQBrowser faithful to its name, a browser. We can complicate it as much as needed to handle more specific "requests", but keep it a browser and a portal to other places (PEQ Editor, Lucy, whatever else). The EQEmu database Google in a way.

Thanks to the Web philosophy, you can have a tool dedicated to searching and other tool(s) for doing more involved tasks. This is the reason I linked NPC pages to their Edit counterpart in PEQ Editor : use the power of the web, and delegate to much-better written, to the point tools. It is the opposite of monolithic applications and the reason that I like web apps, and that I dislike Web 2.0 in a way : because you tend to lose the power of the "link" in Web 2.0. You get one URL for your home page and that's it.

To answer your post now, having EQBrowser display info about players, their inventory etc why not. Having it display a player list or a list of characters who have so-and-so items, and forward you to a Magelo clone, even better. Having another icon send you to an Edit page on the web app you are going to write and passing it the character/PC info (ID), sure.

Just a sound sharing of responsibility : you take care of the editing, EQBrowser takes care of the searching, and we know how to interface both (and the many new unsuspected other apps people can write) cleanly. That way you can be the master of your hill, and share it with the others through well-known, SECURE, interfaces.

If I could give an advice to web developers around here, it would be : provide as much functionality as you can through direct links (with parameters). Think of each of your application pages as a whole, that can be accessed individually and provides a clear service. Avoid forcing people to "click-click" through many wizard-like pages to do what they want. It is good for advert-sponsored pages, but not for charitable utilities. This is the spirit of the web after all, how it started at least.

Bulle
04-03-2008, 02:59 AM
First bug I found : due to a typo in a variable name several fields are ignored by the Item search (Class, Race...). I have fixed it, will be in next version.

I definitely broke some stuff ;)

Muuss
04-10-2008, 05:25 PM
I can't wait to test that new version ! :)

Bulle
04-13-2008, 03:24 AM
For those using EQBrowser, if you want to make it publicly usable for your DB you might want to setup a special user for it. The reason is that EQBrowser in its current state is almost certainly susceptible to script injection (nothing coming from the client is escaped properly). Until this can be fixed in the PHP you can make sure EQBrowser can only have read-access to your tables, and that it is prevented access to a couple sensitive fields (password, ls_account and minilogin_ip in the account table).

Here is how I have defined my eqemuview user. You will want to replace the user-name, password and database name (here peqref) by your own :

create user 'eqemuview'@'%' identified by 'ZZZ';

grant select on peqref.aa_actions to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.aa_effects to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.aa_timers to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.altadv_vars to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.books to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.botinventory to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.botleader to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.botsowners to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.character_ to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.character_backup to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.class_skill to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.commands to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.doors to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.eqbnews to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.eventlog to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.faction_list to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.faction_values to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.fear_hints to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.fishing to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.forage to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.graveyard to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.grid to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.grid_entries to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.ground_spawns to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.guild_members to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.guild_ranks to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.guild_relations to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.guilds to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.hackers to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.inventory to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.items to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.launcher to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.launcher_zones to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.lootdrop to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.lootdrop_entries to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.loottable to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.loottable_entries to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.merchantlist to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.merchantlist_temp to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.name_filter to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.npc_faction to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.npc_faction_entries to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.npc_spells to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.npc_spells_entries to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.npc_types to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.npc_types_metadata to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.object to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.object_contents to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.peq_admin to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.petitions to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.pets to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.player_corpses to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.player_corpses_backup to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.quest_globals to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.races to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.rule_sets to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.rule_values to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.sharedbank to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.skill_caps to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.spawn2 to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.spawn_conditions to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.spawn_events to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.spawnentry to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.spawngroup to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.spells to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.start_zones to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.starting_items to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.timers to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.tradeskill_recipe to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.tradeskill_recipe_entries to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.traps to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.tribute_levels to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.tributes to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.variables to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.warehouse to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.zone to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.zone_flags to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.zone_points to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.zone_server to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.zone_state_dump to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select on peqref.zoneserver_auth to 'eqemuview'@'%';
grant select (id, name, charname, sharedplat, status, gmspeed, revoked, hideme, rulesflag) on peqref.account to 'eqemuview'@'%';

That's a lot of grants, but to prevent access to a part of the account table you have to grant the privileges on a table per table basis. This is how SQL works.

bdrumm
04-13-2008, 06:32 PM
The Downloads Dont work.. Wtf.... Please send me a PM on here. and if you could send me a Instant message over Windows Live Messenger.. Im always on there..

~bdrumm~

Bulle
04-14-2008, 05:10 PM
This link still works : http://dl.free.fr/jRrH6ILnp/eqbrowser-0.6.0.7z

Muuss
04-16-2008, 10:32 AM
in quests/quest.pm, change sub ChooseRandom to :

sub ChooseRandom {
my $item=0;
foreach $item (@_) { main::add_received($item); }
return $_[int(rand($#_)+1)];
}

This will add all the items returned by ChooseRandom to the database.

Koshoji
11-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Not to complain or anything :grin:, but the links to the latest EQbrowser lead to a French website which I do not understand at all. From what I can tell it is an antivirus site? lol. Anyway I've clicked all over and filled out forms hoping the next page would be to the actual download but I'm not seeing it. Is there a direct link somewhere that will automatically start the download when I click the link?

I loved the previous versions of the EQ browser very much and, recently returning to the boards here I'm stoked to find out about all of the recent updates!

Thanks,
Koshoji

Rhodan
11-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Yes, very interesting looking. If needed I can host the files on my website (no ads or popups or anything!).

bayk
11-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Here is google translation of the site.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://dl.free.fr/getfile.pl%3Ffile%3D/RrH6ILnp/eqbrowser-0.6.0.7z&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=fr&tl=en

Link is right on top right.

Koshoji
11-26-2008, 03:40 AM
Excellent! Thanks very much bayk :)

paaco
11-26-2008, 05:37 AM
Just thought I would comment that it works perfectly with the current build of eqemu on the CVS. I installed it a sec ago with a db backup from our server if you wanna check out what it can do and how it looks. I have not set this up at all besides the basics but it does work fine.

Shows all zones, NPC, what they drop, factions, stats, everything. I like it.

http://baneoflife.com/banebrowser/

paaco
11-26-2008, 05:45 AM
Not able to edit my post anymore, sorry for double posting :( I put it on our web server for anyone wanting the file. I will leave it there for as long as the site is up.

http://www.baneoflife.com/emufiles/eqb.rar

Andrew80k
11-26-2008, 11:40 AM
I've been using this for a few months and have made some changes to suit me, but there are a few things that don't work properly. Unfortunately, I don't quite remember what exactly. Of course I also might not have been working with the latest version when I downloaded it too. It's a VERY useful tool though, and I have enjoyed messing around with it. I had to tweak the item search page and had to add a max level field but most of it was just to make me happy, not really a functionality issue. There are a couple dozen quests that the quest parser doesn't like though so if you want to use the quest portion of it you'll likely have to tweak them.

paaco
11-26-2008, 11:51 AM
I havent messed with it too much since installing, but I noticed the item search function is borked somehow, If I search for 1hs It gives me items that aren't even weps. Still a nice tool though, I like it, and it's so easy to install.

I also installed the old magelo clone script this morning if anyone wants to check it out or needs a link to download it let me know. It appears to work correctly also.

baneoflife.com/magelo

Andrew80k
11-26-2008, 02:27 PM
I havent messed with it too much since installing, but I noticed the item search function is borked somehow, If I search for 1hs It gives me items that aren't even weps. Still a nice tool though, I like it, and it's so easy to install.

I also installed the old magelo clone script this morning if anyone wants to check it out or needs a link to download it let me know. It appears to work correctly also.

baneoflife.com/magelo
Yeah, I seem to recall this now. It's pretty easy to fix IIRC. It has to do with the building of the query, it has something out of place in the php.

EDIT: If you want I'll send the php files I changed when I installed it.

paaco
11-26-2008, 04:30 PM
That would be great, shoot them to me at paaco1981@gmail.com when you have spare time if you don't mind. Thanks Andrew :)

Fingel
01-02-2009, 02:45 AM
Let me start of by saying this is an amazing piece of software. Thanks to all that have contributed to it.
I was just curious if anyone knew what became of the NPC image collection, was an attempt ever made to work on it? It would be an awesome addition to peqbrowser.
Thanks all.

Cheesypeas
04-11-2009, 05:29 PM
If anyone is still having trouble with the item search function throwing up items you wouldn't expect as mentioned above, it can be easily fixed by capitalising $query on lines 89 - 96 of items.php so that it looks like this:

if($iclass > 0) { $Query.=" $s ($tbitems.classes & $iclass) "; $s="AND"; }
if($ideity > 0) { $Query.=" $s ($tbitems.deity & $ideity) "; $s="AND"; }
if($irace > 0) { $Query.=" $s ($tbitems.races & $irace) "; $s="AND"; }
if($itype >= 0) { $Query.=" $s ($tbitems.itemtype=$itype) "; $s="AND"; }
if($islot > 0) { $Query.=" $s ($tbitems.slots & $islot) "; $s="AND"; }
if($iaugslot > 0) { $Query.=" $s ($tbitems.augtype=$iaugslot) "; $s="AND"; }
if($ireqlevel > 0) { $Query.=" $s ($tbitems.reqlevel<=$ireqlevel) "; $s="AND"; }
if(!($inodrop)) { $Query.=" $s ($tbitems.nodrop=1)"; $s="AND"; }

Hope this helps someone :)

slowglass
04-30-2009, 05:41 PM
I am thinking about reviving my 'Zam clone, called "Alkabor's Almanac" because a friend of mine has restarted a EQEmu server. However I am not sure weather to do this as a personal project just for those who play on his server or a general project. I have released previous versions of this web server, but had no interest.

So to save my self the hassle I will initially be developing it just for the small group of us.

However if enough people are interested then I will put the work into productising it and release it.

A publicly viewable version is available at http://www.slowglass.com/Alkabor/

Slowglass

Adamu
05-27-2009, 04:35 PM
I am thinking about reviving my 'Zam clone, called "Alkabor's Almanac" because a friend of mine has restarted a EQEmu server. However I am not sure weather to do this as a personal project just for those who play on his server or a general project. I have released previous versions of this web server, but had no interest.

So to save my self the hassle I will initially be developing it just for the small group of us.

However if enough people are interested then I will put the work into productising it and release it.

Slowglass

Nice work!

A little late maybe, but I've tried the version you linked to today and find it really useful. I would sure use it if you made it available for the public!

provocating
06-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Anyone got a copy of this ?

nightsta69
07-28-2009, 11:39 PM
i'm looking for a working version of EQ Alla. is there anyone that has it for the current SVN of EQEMU? i've used search, and I can't get to projecteq.net. any help would be appreciated.

cavedude
07-29-2009, 10:09 AM
PEQ wouldn't help you anyway, we don't host these files either :)

Andrew80k
07-29-2009, 11:04 AM
If you want to wait until this evening I can put a gzipped version of mine. I fixed most of the errors for the one that was available and added a couple of things but it works pretty well.

nightsta69
07-29-2009, 05:06 PM
thanx andrew, I would appreciate that.

Andrew80k
07-29-2009, 11:33 PM
Check the downloads section of the SVN

nightsta69
07-29-2009, 11:39 PM
thankx again andrew, gonna check it out now.

Fritzism
08-03-2009, 01:27 PM

Slowglass

Wow nice! I would love to use that for my server, please do consider releasing it.

j0kie_smurf
10-02-2009, 10:13 PM
http://www.visualwin.com/ shows you how to set up php, perl, and many other things as well, including mysql. There is a graphical walk through for IIS under windows server 2003 also. A handy page for beginners with screenshots. I hope this helps people out.

provocating
11-23-2009, 06:36 PM
I am really getting into modifying mine. I have mine modified to show our bots and the bot inventory now. One thing I have been working on and is taking forever is getting the NPC jpeg's in there. Has anyone done this already ? I would hate to reinvent the wheel if someone has already done this. Basically the program looks for a jpg with the item id of the mob. I am slowly doing this but there is a hell of a lot of mobs in the game. Anyone got there zipped up ?

orkim
05-18-2010, 05:42 PM
What happened to this project? There's mention of a sourceforge desired. Did one ever get set up? Or could a google code repo be set up? I wouldn't mind helping out on this either, but the few and far between releases makes it a bit more difficult to follow and/or hand off to new developers.

Just figured I'd poke my head in and see if there was interest in it still. I suppose I could try to open a google code repo if everyone has quit on this. It seems a shame to do my own modifications and not share them back.

-ork

Andrew80k
05-19-2010, 12:07 AM
It's in the downloads section of the projecteqemu svn. We could put it in the tools svn and let folks contribute. Let me see if I can get it set up in the next couple of days.

orkim
05-19-2010, 09:16 AM
I'd be up for helping. Maybe in SVN under utils/eqbrowser/ or something would work well. I would think we need to add some of the GPL licensing text since we got a go-ahead from muuss to do so. I'd suggest we keep it generic, but feature complete, to the trunk eqemu code base. That way people should have a really great starting point if they start heavily modifying their server. What does it take to get svn commit access?

-ork

provocating
07-02-2010, 05:31 PM
I am really getting into modifying mine. I have mine modified to show our bots and the bot inventory now. One thing I have been working on and is taking forever is getting the NPC jpeg's in there. Has anyone done this already ? I would hate to reinvent the wheel if someone has already done this. Basically the program looks for a jpg with the item id of the mob. I am slowly doing this but there is a hell of a lot of mobs in the game. Anyone got there zipped up ?

Actually I have been doing that.

govtcheeze
08-11-2010, 09:26 AM
I have been messing around with a minilogin server and raiding with 71 bots, doing VT non-stop (thanks truncate table respawn_times!) to gear up the bots to take on the POP encounters. However managing gear has become quite the chore using the ingame commands. I thought maybe someone had created a bot plugin for magelo but I couldnt find one...so yesterday I threw one together.

Now a disclaimer...this is nothing more than a redunkulous fast hack of the already existing, amazing magelo clone re-write by the mq team. I didnt want to touch any of their files so this could truly bolt on to anyone's server that used stock PEQ database. You should update their files to create the proper links if you want this to flow on your site, but it works without changing anything...it just can't be accessed directly from the UI. This may also be a fail for public servers that care about permissions and who can see what in their profiles. I do not worry about this since I run minilogin so adjustments may be necessary to follow the rules. This is strictly a "function trumps form" release.

I will mainly use this to manage gear and focus effects, so I did not add in bot AAs to stats. I am not even sure stats calculate correctly, however I trust they do since I use the stat and item classes from the existing code.

Extract this file into your magelo root folder.

Usage is:

http://localhost/magelo/botList.php?char=Govtcheeze

Clicking on "Bot Name" or "Class" will sort by that heading. No filtering.

Let me know if you have any questions / comments / issues.

http://207.56.82.187/eqemu/magelo.zip

Edit: I will be attempting to build a SOD item examine window to replace the "classic" examine window the current magelo clone uses.

govtcheeze
08-11-2010, 11:39 AM
One thing I overlooked was bots with the same name...it now checks for owner ID as well as bot name. If anyone happened to grab the version before this post, grab the new file. I didnt find any other issues with it...so far :)

provocating
08-25-2010, 03:55 PM
One thing I overlooked was bots with the same name...it now checks for owner ID as well as bot name. If anyone happened to grab the version before this post, grab the new file. I didnt find any other issues with it...so far :)

I added your additions, pretty cool. I had to edit the original menu and add a button to link your stuff in. Pretty cool when I was done though. Now I need to do some modding to the Alla clone, I have plenty of errors from where the DB changed a while back.

wickedm00
08-31-2010, 09:49 AM
Can you host the file somewhere? The link is broken and I can't find this anywhere.

provocating
08-31-2010, 09:59 AM
http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/downloads/detail?name=eqallahkazam.tar.gz&can=2&q=

wickedm00
08-31-2010, 01:07 PM
I was more talking about the tool to see the bot's inventory, the addon by govtcheeze. Would you happen to have a link for that?

provocating
08-31-2010, 01:13 PM
Hmmm. Let me try to remotely wake my machine and see if the file is still on my desktop or recycle bin.

provocating
08-31-2010, 01:21 PM
I do not seem to have it anymore. Honestly I just do not like the new bot system. I ended up using the additions by Angelox and his all in one. It just works better for me, I like the BOT system much better.

wickedm00
08-31-2010, 01:28 PM
Where would I find that? I've been looking in Tools but I couldn't find it.

provocating
08-31-2010, 01:29 PM
You are looking for what ? His All-In-One ?

wickedm00
08-31-2010, 01:34 PM
Yeah. I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Edit: Now I get it. You were referring to the AX Classic. What's different about the bot system on that one?

provocating
08-31-2010, 02:01 PM
Uses the old BOT system with a few new enhancements. I find the AI on the older BOT's superior to the new system.

webwolf
07-08-2011, 12:47 PM
I would love to see this implemented for the project1999 server since the Allakhazam database is so crowded now with the new stuff, plus you can't search the DB unless you are a premium subscriber.