PDA

View Full Version : a few Questions ...

Laviathon
11-04-2004, 09:39 AM
hello, i hope i am in the right section for this ..
i would like to change the ammount of EXP per kill , stats on mobs , things like thta .. do i have to edit that in the EQEmu source
i am using 6.0 DR2 and just got my server set up today

i will prob find this later the more i look .. but when i want to add items to the merchants were do i go to edit that ...

also about the source i know if edit it i will have to compile and set it up as server .. i am using Visual C++ 6.0 i have never compiled anything this big before i have only tone realy small projects so i loaded up the workspace into VC++ and hit build well i got 1 error

\eqemu source\common\database.h(30) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'mysql.h': No such file or directory not sure were to get that

thank you for your time

Derision
11-04-2004, 09:46 AM
also about the source i know if edit it i will have to compile and set it up as server .. i am using Visual C++ 6.0 i have never compiled anything this big before i have only tone realy small projects so i loaded up the workspace into VC++ and hit build well i got 1 error

\eqemu source\common\database.h(30) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'mysql.h': No such file or directory not sure were to get that

Cisyouc did a guide to compiling under VC6 ... should still work:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16778

(includes instructions on adding the paths to mysql.h and zlib.h)

Laviathon
11-04-2004, 11:35 AM
kewl thanks .. have 1 problem non of the Zlib donwloads work just takes me to a page that cant be diplayed

Derision
11-04-2004, 11:42 AM
kewl thanks .. have 1 problem non of the Zlib donwloads work just takes me to a page that cant be diplayed

The US mirror doesn't seem to work, but the French one seems to, the download from here worked for me:

http://www.gzip.org/zlib/zlib121-dll.zip

Laviathon
11-04-2004, 11:44 AM
kewl , thank you

-------------EDIT---------------
i get this 1 warning

Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/Ob2'

i am takeing it even though it said ignoring it will still cause me problems ??

also say i just want to edit certin files in the World.exe like the classes and such would i have to compile everything or could i just compile the World exe and overrite the old one ??

thank you

Derision
11-04-2004, 12:14 PM
You can generally ignore warnings, '/Ob2' is probably an optimisation parameter that VS Net 2003 uses, but VC6 doesn't know about.

As for changing source files, in VS Net 2003, if you open Server.dsw and change a file and click on build solution, it will rebuild emusharemem.dll, zone and/or world as required, depending on which files you edited.

fireclav
06-18-2006, 09:53 AM
that guide doesnt work anymore but i got the download of hte zlib.h as im having that error when i compile where do i place the file so that i can compile

Belfedia
06-19-2006, 01:18 AM
that guide doesnt work anymore but i got the download of hte zlib.h as im having that error when i compile where do i place the file so that i can compile

Last message: 11-04-2004, 11:14 PM

You need to include them in you C+ compiler, but i don't know how, depend of compiler name and version i think ? with that, someone can help you.