PDA

View Full Version : No-Ip and others

McFox666
11-06-2004, 04:10 AM
Hi

If you add an account with a no-ip or such like this adress in the DB, does it work ?

Thanks

McFox

cavedude
11-06-2004, 04:59 AM
It should provided the server with the database has the no ip address listed in its host file... But what's the point? Minilogin ONLY works on internal LANs so you are better off using the internal Class C address.

mrea
11-06-2004, 05:12 AM
No, if you give people your ip and port that you run minilogin on, they can connect to you from their house rather than the Official login

cavedude
11-06-2004, 05:17 AM
But why would you want to? Minilogin is meant for LANs, there is no security on it at all. If you run it with internet access you run the risk of getting hacked, and I don't just mean your Emu server. If you wanna run Emu for your friends, use minilogin on a LAN. If they aren't on your local network use the real login and lock the server so only certain people can get in.

mrea
11-06-2004, 05:21 AM
I know that, but I'm just saying you can do that :)

cavedude
11-06-2004, 05:24 AM
Point taken :) Sorry if I sounded edgy didn't mean it that way.

McFox666
11-06-2004, 05:28 AM
If they aren't on your local network use the real login and lock the server so only certain people can get in.

Yeah ! That's what I wan't :D
I thought it wasn't possible to do with EQEmu serverlogin...

How can I lock the server and allow acces to only certain people ?

Thanks

McFox

animepimp
11-06-2004, 05:43 AM
Just set locked=true in the ini files for the server before booting it up, and any account you give like 10 or higher GM status to will still be able to log in.

mrea
11-06-2004, 05:44 AM
Cavedude could probably help you better with this, but as far as I know you have to give everyone Gm status so that they can get past the locked status. Set up your server normal, have everyone login, and then logout. then, on a windows computer do the following:
go to run and type in cmd and hit enter.
navigate to where you have your eqemu server files. typically C:\eqemu. Code for this would be cd c:\eqemu
then type in the following:
world.exe flag <username> 200
replace username with each persons username that you wish to allow access.
Finally, open up your loginserver.ini and set locked=true

cavedude
11-06-2004, 05:47 AM
That's right, mrea and you can also flag users ingame as GM with the #flag command. 10 status or higher is needed I believe to get in locked servers.

animepimp
11-06-2004, 05:59 AM
And even though you have to make them status 10 or more, you can change the commands ini file so that they still only have access to the normal commands you want them to have and have GMs be actually status 20. But they do have to connect once before locking the server, or you have to manually add their account to the DB.