PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE

probablyemo
11-06-2004, 07:25 AM
I am very new to this so exucse my newb-ness. Ok i made a shortcut and did the patchme after the .exe . I downloaded the PEQ kunark release and put it in my EQ folder and I fixed teh eqhost.txt to the 5996 (for the version i downloaded). When i run the shortcut i keep gettingthe live servers, what am i doing wrong. please hold flames.

probablyemo
11-06-2004, 07:28 AM
btw I have already made a login name and done my account key and have everything verified.

hypershadow66
11-06-2004, 04:43 PM
eqhost.txt should be

[LoginServer]
Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994

Make that file read-only as well, Properties -> check read-only.

and the shortcut, you need to go right click it and hit properties ->target , it should have

"C:\myeqpath\everquest\eqgame.exe"
of course the eqpath should be different, put a space after the last quotation mark, ", then add

patchme

and you dont need to download any databases to play.
that should fix it...

probablyemo
11-07-2004, 08:38 PM
Thanks Hyper i got the program running finally :D I love it more than live :P

eq_addict_08
11-08-2004, 03:45 AM
I am very new to this so exucse my newb-ness. Ok i made a shortcut and did the patchme after the .exe . I downloaded the PEQ kunark release and put it in my EQ folder and I fixed teh eqhost.txt to the 5996 (for the version i downloaded). When i run the shortcut i keep gettingthe live servers, what am i doing wrong. please hold flames.

Ok, even though you got it working, it does not sound like you understand how the use the Emu. You did not need to download ANYTHING just to play on anyone elses server. Please read tutorial section or more than likely you'll have other noobish questions arise.