PDA

View Full Version : 6.0 DR1 Agro messed up!

Psylocke
11-06-2004, 02:09 PM
working on a older version 6.0DR1.. with the new tables of factions_entries..

my mobs are conning KOS but you stand right on top of them and they do not agro what so ever

there has been problems compiling the source.. and we cannot just take any compiled source because we have two things that are custom made code that never made it in CVS that has to be entered.. so my question is.. why was this feature taken out?

it was working fine

einsteinrs
11-06-2004, 02:16 PM
same here.
factions don t work with the new faction table.

Shadow-Wolf
11-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Mobs do not aggro people with high gm status i think.

einsteinrs
11-06-2004, 02:25 PM
i testet this with not gm flagged and level 1

Psylocke
11-06-2004, 02:44 PM
what was the purpose of the new table that was added?

factions were working fine.. was there a reason for this? as far as i can see the NPC_values has no special use...

and now.. i cannot revert back for some reason because the zones expect this table....

again.. factions were not broken why was it messed with?

also confirmed on new account non gm level 1 to a level 60 mob.. mob just stands there .. it cons KOS but will not attack you

sotonin
11-06-2004, 03:37 PM
actions were working fine.. was there a reason for this? as far as i can see the NPC_values has no special use...

it has a very friggin important use. And you just don't understand it. it's been explained by me on the database release post.

It's needed. And before you go blaming things up and down about not working check a few things. and just as a quick FYI, NOTHING was changed with npc->player aggro with the addition of the new npc_value field. The ONLY thing this affects is npc->npc aggro and assist. This was to provide a way for you to flag npcs as kos to other npcs, instead of using the previous hack method of using the faction hit values. Your issue is something completely different.

target a npc thats not properly aggroing. type #bestz

what does it say? Does it say maps arent properly loaded?

If so then this is the issue. Are you using linux or windows? We had this major problem for awhile until we figured out that maps werent loading because of case issues.

With no maps, you get no aggro.

McFox666
11-07-2004, 07:45 AM
Thx sotonin ^^ I downloaded all the maps from sf.net and now It works.
But some zones are missing, are they done ?
If yes, where can I get them all ? :p
If no, when will tehy be released ?

Thanks

McFox

Edgar1898
11-07-2004, 09:57 AM
I'll add the other ones to SF shortly. Takes forever to add them all because they have to be added individually :/

fathernitwit
11-08-2004, 03:46 AM
another option for this is to uncomment the LOS_DEFAULT_CAN_SEE line in features.h

this causes mobs to ignore LOS without a map file... resulting in the old system of mobs flowing through walls/floors, etc... choose your poison.

WildcardX
11-09-2004, 10:57 AM
Forgive me if this is something everyone else knows or read somewhere, but I can't find any information so here goes...

I tried to download the MAPs for aggro from sourceforge but they all come down as a text file or something, not as a file. Is it just broken or am I doing something wrong? Also, any place to download all those MAPS as one big .ZIP file instead of having to get them one at a time?

McFox666
11-09-2004, 12:50 PM
http://rogean.com/maps/

take the big zip

WildcardX
11-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Awsome... downloading it now as I type. Thanks so much!

McFox666
11-10-2004, 07:48 AM
Awsome... downloading it now as I type. Thanks so much!

Np