PDA

View Full Version : Zone - level max

Magoth78
11-06-2004, 11:40 PM
Hello,

I did not find a way to set a maximum level limit for a zone, so I don't think it's doable at the moment.

It's why I'm asking if it would be possible to add a column in the zone table called 'max_level'. If your level > the max_level, then you can't enter in the zone.

I'm going to put an entrie there also:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=586961&group_id=88515&func=browse

thanks,
Mag

sotonin
11-07-2004, 03:45 AM
The reason this is not in. Probably is because that's not a feature that exists in everquest.

Cisyouc
11-07-2004, 03:48 AM
No, its possible, you just add a check in OP_ZoneChange. I havent ported the code into DR2 yet but if you look at my code for qFlag its entirely possible.

Magoth78
11-07-2004, 05:05 AM
Sotonin, in EQ there are areas where you can't go after a certain level. But yes, theses are areas and not zones.

I'm definitly looking for a way to set up a maximum level limit to enter in a zone, that would prevent the high players to farm the lowbies zones :D

I think it might not be too hard as there is already a check for the min_level.

sotonin
11-07-2004, 05:35 AM
Sotonin, in EQ there are areas where you can't go after a certain level

Where, i'm genuinely curious. Excluding the brand new noobie starter zone that you start in then leave forever. Doing a large portion of collecting (and playing live) myself. As a 65 bard i've been able to enter every zone or area i've needed too. In the 4 years i played live i never experienced a cap for the max lvl of a player to enter anywhere.

I suppose the only thing i can think of where you might be talking about would be the LDON instanced zones. That's kind of true, but by the same token not, the zone guka gukb etc, their sole purpose is to be used in instanced encounters. You can't get in unless your group matches the requirements to pass the check on the quest npc. If you do, the npc sends you there. Otherwise not. That's the only way to enter those types of zones, so they really don't apply. The gatekeeper (aka quest starter) controls who enters which zones. What i mean is there's no hard check saying hey, you are lvl 6 you cant enter the lowest zone! it says, hey this groups level spread is blah-blah i think the best zone for them would be zone x

Not saying it's a bad idea, but just explaining why it doesn't exist in emu cause you posted somewhat like it was a missing feature or bug.

Cisyouc
11-07-2004, 09:45 AM
Excluding the brand new noobie starter zone that you start in then leave forever.Can't you leave and come back freely so long as you aren't above level 5?

Edgar1898
11-07-2004, 10:02 AM
I believe what he is talking about is places like Vox's lair where you cannot be if your over 52 I believe.

sotonin
11-07-2004, 11:38 AM
Thats a completely different thing entirely. Has nothing to do with an "area" or "zone" .. But yes banish does not work on emu even though the field exists on npctypes.

What banish is supposed to do, is any player who gets on vox or naggys aggro (hate) list thats 52+ gets ported out of the dungeon. There is nothing physically stopping lvl 53 players from being in this part of the dungeon. if vox or naggy is not alive. they can farm there all day long. Banish is like an auto skill that vox and naggy receive. AFAIK there's no other mobs in the game that utilize it.

Magoth78
11-07-2004, 06:28 PM
Sotonin> Thanks for the infos. You're right I was thinking about getting to vox/naggy after the 52+ levels. I thought it was based on the area of the zone and not on the dragon.

sotonin
11-07-2004, 06:31 PM
I'd like to see banish work as well. =)