PDA

View Full Version : Looking for quest ideas - don't need to be eqlive =)

Malevolent
05-05-2002, 03:27 PM
In the lab, I commonly hand out status 100 to anyone who happens to catch me. I'd like to change that such that a person has to quest to attain the status. I'm not thinking an uber encounter, but something short and simple.

Has anyone else tried this? Suggestions for how the quest might be laid out? Just about anything goes -- but remember, most likely the person doing this will be your level 1 character. I thought about putting an item in their inventory that tells them where they need to go to do the quest. But, I thought that maybe someone here had some cool ideas on how to do this =)

Shameless Server Plug:

I'm also looking for any quest ideas in general that might be fun to script in. If you are interested in trying out some noneqlive-like scripting (how about the quest to kill all orc pawns in a zone?) and need a place to do it at, give me a /te.

--MV

Hmm
05-05-2002, 06:09 PM
heh try to create a alternate games out of eq? for example football? flag game? ( using a special npc that follows player that 'flagged' it by doing damage to it )

actally lot of things is possible.

Hmm
05-05-2002, 06:12 PM
about the eq 100 status quest: how about creating a npc that spawns randomly across one hard to look around zone ( like Hole ) and if found and hand in "The 100 status note" that you create as new newbie item.

dunno if possible it could contain data about which zone it is etc etc

DeletedUser
05-06-2002, 01:38 AM
100 status is rather high for a quest :o/

Malevolent
05-06-2002, 02:18 PM
100 status is rather high for a quest :o/

You have a point, image.

Giving GM status to people is going the way of the dodo, I think.