PDA

View Full Version : Client crashing when zoning...

BobThompson
11-07-2004, 05:17 PM
I've searched the boards and cannot seem to find information that addresses the issue I am having.

Clients can connect and play fine, until they try and zone. Every time a client attempts to zone EQ locks up and they have to manually shutdown the program. In order for them to be able to enter the world again I have to completely shutdown the server and restart the mysql program.

The server has no problems zoning at all.

I am using the latest minilogin on a LAN and am using the 0.6.0-DR1 emu files. I am also using the PEQ-Kunark DB.

My BootZone and LoginServer data is below.

REM: ****Read this first!!!****

REM: This file requires your real IP in the place of "YourIP" when you are connecting
REM: To the EQEmu Loginserver.

REM: When you are using minilogin, Replace all IP Addresses to say 127.0.0.1

REM: If you still get errors try using localhost instead of 127.0.0.1

REM:--------------Start-----------------------
@echo off

if NOT exist spells_us.txt goto NOSPELL

start zone . 192.168.0.1 7995 127.0.0.1
start zone . 192.168.0.1 7996 127.0.0.1
start zone . 192.168.0.1 7997 127.0.0.1
exit
cls

:NOSPELL
echo You did not copy the spells_us.txt from your everquest directory to this one. Please do so or zones will crash on startup.
PAUSE

REM:---------------END------------------------

### --- This file tells world.exe what loginserver to connect to.
### --- Leave the account and password field BLANK.

### --- Public Login is un-supported as is LAN playing. We reccomend using the EQEmu.net Loginserver ALWAYS.

### --- NOTE: Starting 6-1-2002, you can no longer use the word "Server" in worldname.
### --- NOTE2: the word "Server" is added to each server automaticly.

# READ README.TXT

[LoginServer]
loginserver=127.0.0.1
loginserver2=127.0.0.1
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=SomeGenericThingee
worldaddress=192.168.0.1
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=StandAlone
ServerPort=5999

Any help would be appreciated.

xandude
11-12-2004, 05:24 AM
I'm also getting this problem. It was all working perfectly until a few hours ago, then BAM....clients freeze up. Everything serverside seems ok. I even went back and uninstalled/rebooted/re-installed and set up the entire thing over again....and it STILL happens :shock:

I am seeing an opcode msg and client disconnected, but that always seems to show up AFTER the client has frozen.

Any suggestions would be helpful here. THX

*EDIT*11/13/04
I went and installed it on a different system, making sure I had the exact files I needed, and nothing more. As long as I reboot it every few hours, it seems to run almost perfectly. It only hangs up occasionally, and a reboot usually solves that.