PDA

View Full Version : European based server?

commogod
11-07-2004, 09:42 PM
Hey all. Just wondering if there are any European based servers out there. Prefer a custom legit for playing or a non-legit for screwing around and checking items.

I normally play out of Europe but am located elsewhere right now and Europe would be the closest place to try and connect right now.

Thanks

CG

Magoth78
11-07-2004, 11:20 PM
Empire is hosted in europe. It's a custom legit server, with pvp.
Check the website.

Adh87
11-08-2004, 03:46 AM
I didn't know it was a Euro-server...but yeah check out EMPIRE - my fav. server out there by far...cause once you ding the max level and get fully geared out on all the other servers, there is nothing left to do...but on EMPIRE you PVP =)

mysticalninjajesus
11-10-2004, 08:17 AM
I didn't know it was a Euro-server...but yeah check out EMPIRE - my fav. server out there by far...cause once you ding the max level and get fully geared out on all the other servers, there is nothing left to do...but on EMPIRE you PVP =)

to me that was just like a warning sign saying: 'Dont play on this POS server. Getting max lvl and gear is easy and then all there is left to do is pk noobs.'

Wiz
11-10-2004, 11:52 AM

See, on certain servers, you need to actually raid or do quests that take a long time (more than a whole DAY even) to get "max gear". WR is 2½ years old. There are plenty of people with uber gear, but noone has "max gear", because it'd require dropping the Gods, which hasn't been done yet.

Magoth78
11-11-2004, 01:35 AM
On EMPIRE, noone was full geared neither before the recent wipe.

And it will take time before someone will get the full gear as long as they don't fight in the high-end raid zone (Secret Temple), wich they find too difficult for them.

But, in fact, I don't really care about the PvE. Even if the community find it good on the server, I'm mainly working on the PvP and still trying to figure a way to make it a lot more funnier than PvE. Because EMPIRE has been designed to be a PvP server..

Mag

Scorpx725
11-11-2004, 03:56 AM
Someone explain whats so good about EQ PvP... like Sotonin said..

EQ PvP is fun like watching paint drip

*NOTE* This isnt a flame torwards Mag or his server, just torwards PVP.

Adh87
11-12-2004, 03:08 AM
See, on certain servers, you need to actually raid or do quests that take a long time (more than a whole DAY even) to get "max gear". WR is 2½ years old. There are plenty of people with uber gear, but noone has "max gear", because it'd require dropping the Gods, which hasn't been done yet.

Well you see...on EMPIRE, yeah you get the top level(till he releases the next "expansion" type deal), yeah you get all the items from a few zones(till he releases the new zones he is working on), yeah you get your suit of Class-Specific armor, but...nobody can get top geared. He released a raid zone about....2-3 months ago, and we have only killed 1 out of the 11 12 or 13 raid mobs there. It's not easy to get there either. Think of a zone where you are required to kill Naggy(think we are only lvl 51) with 1 group, just 1 group, and yes Naggy Cheals on EMPIRE...then imagine getting ported into a zone where the weakest mob has selo's run, cant be split really, and has 15k hp. Clear them out of the way, then spawn a Dragon that usually chain blinds/fears for a good bit of the fight. Yeah...ain't too easy with just 1 group :lol:

The PVP aspect is quite fine too. Whats to complain about? Think one class can overpower another? Not really on EMPIRE. I've SEEN a Wizard own 3 people better geared than he. I myself have taken out a full group with my Rogue. I've seen a CLR own a WAR, I've seen all kinds of crap...not just on EMPIRE but on EQLive too. Yeah we don't have Keeps, Towns, and Castles and stuff like DAOC/Shadowbane, but Magoth has a good PVP server going.

Yeah you might think PVP is boring from simply just hitting "Auto-Attack" or clicking on "Random_spell_2923" but EMPIRE is different. You are always with people...people of your team. 3 teams clash in SolB or Lavastorm = fun. But just my opinion. Out of all the servers I've played on...never once have I had as much fun. But...like Mag said....who cares about PvE...if you want that, than don't play EMPIRE. EMPIRE is for the people who like to kill each other =)

Forgot to add in...the only way OUT of the raid zone is fighting through till the very end. When it first came out if our Cleric died...that meant NO rezzes till we kill the Naggy type mob.

Adh87
11-12-2004, 03:14 AM
to me that was just like a warning sign saying: 'Dont play on this POS server. Getting max lvl and gear is easy and then all there is left to do is pk noobs.'

And no, you misunderstood me. I never said it was easy to get max level/gear. Did you see that in my post? What I said was:

Cause once you ding the max level and get fully geared out on all the other servers, there is nothing left to do...but on EMPIRE you PVP =)

There are plenty of people who have quit because when they try and level up, they get PK'd. Wugles, a Shaman on EMPIRE, has never even had his upgraded epic quest done...and he's probably the top PVP'r =). Takes a lot of time...a lot of patience...and you are required a full group for most mobs

mysticalninjajesus
11-12-2004, 07:16 AM
yes i do see that in your post. you made it obvious you were max lvl and that all you had to look forward too pking. you also said once you get max lvl so its most likley a mindless grind to 51 with the occasional pk to interfere. (kind of like eqlive pvp servers in there current state.)

and i wont ever play on a server where they bring back the mistake known as epic's. kthnx.

(the server doesnt really sound that bad tho.. and ive never played it so im not giving any real judgements about the server)

Magoth78
11-12-2004, 07:40 AM
and i wont ever play on a server where they bring back the mistake known as epic's. kthnx.

I've tried to make all the epics balanced for all the classes. It was not an easy task, but I did not get too far (i think)

Mag

Adh87
11-12-2004, 09:12 AM
Well...Mag you did make Epics good. I love it...Long live EMPIRE...