PDA

View Full Version : starting area....

Laviathon
11-08-2004, 10:22 PM
i have searched but can not seem to find the information i need.
i am using the PEQ_Kunark_RC1 DB and would like to have them all start in the Tutorial area but not sure how to go about doing that .. i tryed traveling there by doing #zone zonename but there is only tutoriala and tutoralb when i goto a i get tutoriala i get a message that i spawned under the world and it keeps repeating its self then if i goto tutorialb i end up under the world .. both take me to gloomingdeep and not to the main part of the tutorial area

to change the starting point i have to change all of the information in starting_zone right ?

i am using MySQL CC and also have MySQL-front

thank you for your time

hypershadow66
11-09-2004, 06:09 AM
To change a global start zone

Go to Run->CMD

type
cd\eqemu
or cd\wherever your eqeum folder is
then
world startzone tutorial

exactly like that. It will change everyones start zone to tutorial.

11-09-2004, 06:29 AM
To change a global start zone

Go to Run->CMD

type
cd\eqemu
or cd\wherever your eqeum folder is
then
world startzone tutorial

First, though, if you're using PEQ_Kunark_RC1, you'll need to use mysql to do this:

INSERT INTO zone (short_name, file_name, long_name, safe_x, safe_y, safe_z, min_level, min_status, zoneidnumber, timezone, maxclients, weather, underworld, minclip, maxclip, fog_minclip, fog_maxclip, fog_blue, fog_red, fog_green, sky, ztype, zone_exp_multiplier, walkspeed, time_type) VALUES("tutorial", NULL, "EverQuest Tutorial", "0", "0", "0", "0", "100", "183", "0", "0", "1", "-2030", "1500", "2000", "500", "2000", "0", "0", "0", "0", "255", "0.75", "0.4", "2");

Of course, if you want the current EQLive tutorial zone, you'd want to refer world.exe to tutoriala or tutorialb (keeping in mind that you'll need to script out the tutorial quests if you want those).

Laviathon
11-09-2004, 06:54 AM
sweet thank you so much