PDA

View Full Version : cant buy from merchants

Laviathon
11-11-2004, 09:47 AM
i set up 3 merchants in Nexus

i went in game #spawned them gave them class 41 then loaded up IEQ and added there gear to sell
1 mechant is general
1 is armor
and the last is weapons

the items are altered just a bit ( starting armor )

i put no price on any of it the only items that have a price is the spell comps and other misc general items

but when i try to buy from any of them i get this message
Sorry this item is for display purposes only
they all buy things from me just fine but i can not buy them items

i did a search and found a topic on so i opened up MySQL CC and check the ids and stuff and everything seem to be in order

thank you for your time

Laviathon
11-16-2004, 08:33 PM
ok just wondering if anyone knows about this problem and what i can do to fix it .. i followed the guides i see but i still get the error

was gona post again about this question but then remembered i already had a post

just not sure what i am doing wrong

thank you for your time

wize_one
11-17-2004, 03:18 AM
check the item table for the item you are trying to buy.. it may have a cost(or price forgot the field name) at zero or lower. not 100% sure but might be the place to look.

Laviathon
11-17-2004, 07:41 AM
thaks for the reply ...

i went in and looked at everything made sure it matched i wanted some of the merchant items to have no price but i changed that thinking that might work but i still get the same error message

Xentar
11-17-2004, 04:19 PM
Not exactly related to this problem but something a little similar.

I have a merchant who sells fine, I followed the same guides here and it works for me, but her items, which I've tweaked the prices on, do not match to what I set them to in Items table. I'm guessing that merchantprice in Items table is the place to change the price to what you want to merchant to sell it at?

Like 1000 in there means 10sp? Well that is not what is happening. Then I tried to change the Cost column but that did not help either. Am I changing this in the wrong area? Where do I change the item price and is the price basically set to how many copper pieces? So if i want an item for 1pp, i have to set it at 1000?

Laviathon
11-17-2004, 08:25 PM
hmm damn i wonder why i am haveing problems with getting my merchants to sell ...

what guide did you follow ? was it this one http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14391&postdays=0&postorder=asc&sta rt=0

if so i have followed this guide

and still can not get it to work i keep getting this stupid error Sorry this item is for display purposes only when i try to buy something

also in the guide i notice here 10) merchant_id

it's the id of its merchant item list
it points to the 'merchantid' field in the 'merchantlist' sql table

see in the merchantlist table section below for more information

but i do not see a merchantlist table in this guide ..... and yes i have put a merchant ID on him his id is 1 and has 19 items to sell

i used IEQ to set up the merchants items prety much like the guide said

i have searched the forum over and over and can not find a solution to my problem

thank you

sdabbs65
11-17-2004, 11:05 PM

Yes,
I get that error too when adding new merchants.

Xorith
11-18-2004, 03:58 AM
Note: I did some source-diving and found that it says this when it can't find the item in the database. It sends that packet back and attempts to remove the item at fault.

So basically we'd need to look deeper at *why* when:
item = database.GetItem(item_id);
item is NULL.

-- Xorith

EDIT---

I did some more source-diving. It appears that database.GetItem() passes it off to shared memory. If shared memory is bugged, it would probably cause some issues. Otherwise, it could be a database issue. Still not 100% sure.. will look further.

I wonder... if there's extra columns in a table, would this bug out sharedmem?

-- Xorith

Laviathon
11-18-2004, 04:38 AM
ok i kinda understand what you are saying hehe ( still to early )
here is what i have under my npc_types and my merchantlist
i have followed the guides knowing my luck it is something small because it does not seem to be that many people are haveing the same problem
i talked with a buddie of mine that has his merchants working and all he said was he altered it all in the DB hehe

merchantlist

merchantid = 1
slot = 1-19
item = the item no. of the items i am using

npc_types

id = 1398
name = Brodick
lastname = General
level = 200
race = 2
class = 41
body type = [NULL]
hp = 700000
gender = 0
texture = 22
helmtexture = 22
size= 0
hp regen= 1
mana regen= 0
loottable id= 0
mechant id= 1
npc spells id= 0
npc faction id= 0
mindmg= 500
maxdmg= 1000
npc special attacks= EFRS
banish= 0
aggro radius= 0
social= 1
face= 0
luclin hairstyle= 1
luclin haircolor= 1
luclin eyecolor= 1
luclin beardcolor= 1
fixedz= 0
d melee texture 1= 0
d melee texture 2= 0
walkspeed= 0.67
runspeed= 1.25
mr= 0
cr= 0
dr= 0
fr= 0
pr= 0
ipc= 0
seeinvis=1
seeinvis undead= 1
qglobal= 0
ac=2000
npcaggro= 0

----------------edit-------------
i used IEQ to create the item list just like the guide said
thank you

Xorith
11-18-2004, 05:17 AM
I have a feeling the bug is more global. Have you tried other vendors? Aside from that, I dunno. On mine, *none* of the merchants work.

Laviathon
11-18-2004, 05:45 AM
non of my merchants work either i get the same damn error with them as well =(

well guess i could make it to were everything drops then there would be no need for cash lol sense i can get the merchants figured out guess that is what i will have to do make it so that food arrows and such will drop then when i can figure the merchants our or if i can figure them out .. most people will have a nice stock pile of cash lol and could set up some special vendors or something

thank you

wize_one
11-18-2004, 10:29 AM
just a dumb question but it the items your trying to sell no drop?

Xorith
11-18-2004, 01:47 PM
In the DB, what value signifies NoDrop? I see a bunch of items at -1, and I thought some guide said to remove the NoDrop flag, you set it to 1.

-- Xorith

Cisyouc
11-18-2004, 03:39 PM
1 = Not No Drop
255 = No Drop

Xorith
11-18-2004, 05:21 PM
Alrighty, was just thinking too - there's a lot of items that are NoDrop on vendors. For instance, mobs in cshome. Maybe later I'll see about a SQL statement to get my NoDrops to equal what you've said, 1 for Droppable, 255 for NoDrop. See if that fixes it.

-- Xorith

Xentar
11-18-2004, 09:16 PM
Well technically I didn't create a new merchant, but i created a new merchant type. Made the type sell only potions i want ppl to buy, and then took an existing merchant and changed her merchantID to the new merchant type. All that works fine, except the pricing is off.

Any one have any suggestions as to the pricing issue I'm having? Also, I followed the sticky merchant guide that explains how to create adventure merchants and how to change item's ldon points, etc.

Laviathon
11-18-2004, 11:35 PM
no non of the items are no drop i though of that to so looked into that

Dvinn
11-19-2004, 01:47 AM
1 = Not No Drop
255 = No Drop

Being lazy, I originally assumed 0 would equal not no drop (turn a flag to 0 and it's typically turned off, right?). Unfortunately, it made everything no drop. Does any non-1 value mean no drop? I understand, of course, that "by the book" only 255 should likely be used.

sdabbs65
11-19-2004, 11:33 AM

all my merchants serverwide starting doing then when i upgraded to augments hmmm.. dunno what theproblem is.

sdabbs65
11-19-2004, 11:39 AM

all my merchants serverwide starting doing then when i upgraded to augments hmmm.. dunno what theproblem is.

I did all the commands here
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18572

so thats not the issue its something else than no drop no rent etc.

Xorith
11-20-2004, 12:39 AM
All mine do the same server-wide, too. I also went augment. Oh and sdabbs65 - check your logs. I logged my char in on your server and his inventory was gone. If you check your logs, you'll find additional SQL statements to run. People might have trouble logging in after that - when I did it after logging in a char first, I had to dump that character because something seemed corrupt.

Xorith
11-20-2004, 12:40 AM
255 != NODROP. Tried it, the flag was removed.

I'm confused. Why make this field 11 wide in the DB when it only needs to be a boolean value? 1 = True/NODROP 0 = Fallse/Non-NODROP? Same for LORE, NORENT, ect.

Dvinn
11-20-2004, 04:41 AM
Realized today that I was having the same problem. Downgraded from the 11-16 compile to the 11-11 compile and merchants again function correctly.

Xorith
11-20-2004, 08:24 AM
I've shifted this to a support forum, since that's what it is really.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18610

Hoping that since I've got a piece of code isolated, someone can help better :)

Laviathon
11-20-2004, 01:08 PM
kewl well i just figured it was something with the database thats why i started it here , and yes i hope this issue can get fixed hehe
i have still been messing around with it and still haveing no luck

later

Doodman
11-20-2004, 05:05 PM
Fixed, see: http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=107901#107901

Dvinn
11-20-2004, 05:08 PM
Fixed

Nice :). Thanks!

Laviathon
11-21-2004, 05:04 AM
Woot thank you