PDA

View Full Version : Perl Questing to check database?

Foxseven
11-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Is it possible to have a quest variable for PERL to check the table name on the db? For example, add a table for flags that contains all zones that need flags. Then the script checks that particular table before it allows you access to a zone?

If the column returns a 1 then you are essentially 'flagged' and allowed access. This wouldnt apply to zones you could simply click in to but for zones that I am making that look like they will need teleporters since the doors dont even exist, ie Sol Ro Tower.

WildcardX
11-12-2004, 05:56 PM
I dont know how to do this with the quest system because I dont know what all the variables are you can get from the quest system to work with on the perl level, but perl does have connectivity to SQL database so as long as you can get a variable from the quest system then yes, you can take that variable and do whatever you want with it and send something back to the SQL server using PERL from inside your quest script.

Cisyouc
11-13-2004, 01:13 AM
See my qFlag code on this:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18143

Right now it only works for 0.6.0-DR1 because I haven't wanted to port it into DR2 yet.

Foxseven
11-13-2004, 06:55 AM
Thanks. I read that post a few times but did not know if it was released in to the code yet. Is it actually in the 6.0 build or do I have to complie it?

Cisyouc
11-13-2004, 07:15 AM
No, it was not inserted into the CVS, you would have to add and compile it yourself.