PDA

View Full Version : Oddity with source

Wiz
05-06-2002, 10:16 AM
I'm trying to add in Feign Death compability. So far, I've added the function in client_cpp, with two separate, working functions (GetFeigned, SetFeigned).

Now, I'm modifying NPC ai. I've gotten ignore feigned people when determining who to aggro working, HOWEVER, in NPC::Process (npcai.cpp):

if (hate_list.GetTop()->CastToClient()->GetFeigned() == 1) {
RemoveFromHateList(GetHateTop());
}

This compiles just fine, but whenever someone logs into a zone with mobs, the zone crashes. If I remove it, everything runs smoothly.

Second question:

Where in source is sitting defined? Aka hitting the "sit" button. It's for turning FD off. :)

Wierdo99
05-06-2002, 11:06 AM
I can't talk too much from exp, but every time I try a double referenced pointer like that, I got seg faults in Unix :p

Wiz
05-06-2002, 11:13 AM
I've got both points working, and now have a crude version of feign death... inc code.

Wiz
05-06-2002, 11:47 AM
Well shit, scratch that. I still don't know how to define what position the person is in.

Please, someone, how do I make a check towards wheter the person is sitting/standing/etc?

Lurker_005
05-07-2002, 10:20 AM
I thought the animation was in and linked to FD... I did it with an click item. The viewpoint didn't change, but in 3rd person the player model is laying down. I have no idea if the remove from agro part is coded. And would it actually remove the agro, or just ignore it? If you remove it, won't agro still be gone once you got up?