PDA

View Full Version : Odd situation just decided to show up, any ideas?

Speedz
11-14-2004, 01:58 AM
I have 2 systems on my network, both ran fine in both EQEmu and EQ live.

Now for some odd reason one of my systems can't connect to anything past sever select.

Can't connect Live, EQEmu (community servers), or to my server via mini login) I have tried everything I know which includes:

Resetting my router to defaults then trying Live alone;

Setting up my ports as they should be on my router and trying both Live and EQEmu;

Resetting my host file to default and trying Live;

Setting up my host as it should be for NAT issues in EQEmu then trying EQEmu servers;

Uninstalling my network cards and reinstalling then repeat of all prior steps;

Ran every known bug scan on my system, online scanners and offine scanners, spyware, anti-virus, trojan. all clean;

Checked internal and external IP for changes, none changed...all still the same;

Pull hair out and stomp around like a 2 year old then trying all the above again.

I am running 6.0dr1 in multiple directories for both server files and multiple EQ client directories for various types of connections.

Just a note, on my world screen it doesn't even show the troubled system even attempting, but does show the other as it logs in just fine.

The server system is the one having issues with the client connecting to live and EqEmu, and itself.

So any ideas? I am lost for a new approach.

Sarepean
11-14-2004, 07:45 AM
You might try deleting a few key files, downloading them with the patcher, and then copying over the eqmain.dll from the computer that can still connect to the EQEmu servers.

-Sarepean

Speedz
11-14-2004, 04:02 PM
Since I use multiple different EQ directories I figured that wouldn't work....but tried anyway to no avail.

I am certain it is in my system somewhere regarding network settings.

But I looked around and see no troubles, quite perplexing considering I uninstallled my network cards (even tried 2 different NIC's)

DAM you windows!!!