PDA

View Full Version : Newb Question

hoppy02
11-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Have been trying to find the answer to this question on the forums and on the main site.

I have been using the EqEmu (have my own server) from hackersquest.com, but it has a few issues, ie pok books don't work and you can't attack npc's ...

anyways I found this site and am wondering does EQEMulator support pok, god and the oow expansions ?? well all the expansions i guess..

I can't seem to find this info anywhere

cheerse

hoppy

mysticalninjajesus
11-16-2004, 03:32 PM
yeah and i didnt know hackersquest still works.. is there a version of pre-luclin hackersquest emu?

hoppy02
11-16-2004, 03:35 PM
I am not sure about the pre luclin one, but with the current one, none of the new models work lol.

Ok so you are saying that EQEMulator will work with all the expansions ?

if so cool :lol:

<downloads all files ready to install own server>

Sarepean
11-16-2004, 03:44 PM
Technically, yes, the emulator works with all expansions. However, not all spawns later than Kunark will work and there's really just no guarantees past Kunark right now. Yes, you can unlock the zones in order to go and explore them, but I'm really not sure how much further than that it's good for right now past Kunark.

The way I understand it, Velious could be out within a month or two and I'm feeling pretty sure when I say that PoP and/or Luclin won't be long after.

-Sarepean

lordkazan
11-19-2004, 12:32 PM
what exactly is the problem with the later ones? is it a server- code problem -- or have they just not written the code that maintains the playscript for the later ones?

mattmeck
11-19-2004, 02:10 PM
the zones work fine there just not spawned, meaning you will need to spawn them yourself.

daeken_bb
11-19-2004, 02:11 PM
what exactly is the problem with the later ones? is it a server- code problem -- or have they just not written the code that maintains the playscript for the later ones?

It's simply that people haven't populated the database with the neccesary spawn data to make the mobs for the zones pop yet.
It's not a limitation of the server at all, it's simply a database issue.

shanxi
11-19-2004, 04:11 PM
To my understanding, if you REALLY want the spawns and such, you need to just hang out in the high end zones IE:GoD/OoW and use a packet sniffer. For example, log into EQlive, go to um... Kod'Taz for instance, run a packet sniffer program, and leave your guy idle there for like.. days and stuff. The packetsniffer will look at tthe packets incoming/outgoing and log them to a file. Then you take the cumulative files and give them to the devs for them to sort out.

The more information collected = more for devs to work with = faster new DR (Dev Releases) and databases come out. Teamwork people =)

Problem with the velious+ expansions is something to do with the way SOE made the program send packets I think.

Also dont quote me on this, but you could also probably populate your own database by hand, of course it would be a long, arduous pain in the ass, but you could get EQAdmin, hook it up to your database, and start editing away. Say for instance, visit www.allakhazam.com, look at a certain mob (lets just say Queen Pyrilonis) for example, print out the info, then go to the database and create a NEW mob and fill it out with queen pyrilonis' info. Would really only be useful for server owners tho.

lordkazan
11-21-2004, 05:49 AM
It's simply that people haven't populated the database with the neccesary spawn data to make the mobs for the zones pop yet.
It's not a limitation of the server at all, it's simply a database issue.

that's what i figured

Xorith
11-21-2004, 07:35 AM
Only issue with the server is that they haven't had a chance to reverse-engineer and implement some of the most recent features. It seems that now, with augments, almost everything up-til GoD is implemented. Omens of War has introduced tasks, custom titles, and whatnot which haven't made it from what I can see.

You have to understand what the developers have to do when a new feature comes out. It's not like SOE goes to them and says 'Hey guys, here's the source code (or schematic, or ect) for these new features...' In fact, SOE probably wants to make it harder for them to figure these new things out.

This also goes for anyone who whines about bugs -- DEAL with it. It's going to happen - the developers have no control over the client code, so they have to go with whatever information they can gather and then simply fill in the rest with best-guesses. It could very well test out on their client, but perhaps you've got a patch on them, or perhaps you've not patched up to live because it might break your ability to connect to older servers. Who knows? The point is, it's all best-guess work until it's tested enough. Even then, SOE could change something that'll break what could have taken months to work out.

I've read these forums quite a bit now, and I think people who come here need a reality check.