PDA

View Full Version : Prolly heard it before *sigh* server setup fubar

shanxi
11-17-2004, 07:20 AM
Alright. I hate asking people for help but god damnit here i am. Resistance is futile. I started out following this post just as it said:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17531

I got all the downloads and everything, and installed all the programs in the proper directories.

I am using..
11-09-04_compiled_perl
ActivePerl-5.8.2.808.MSWin32-x86
peq_kunark_release-1099244294
mysql-4.0.22-win
NMAKE.exe (cant remember where I got it but it took me a while to find)
and the default.pl and plugin.pl from the post.
I didnt know what "additional database files I need"ed so I didnt bother with those yet.

Installation Steps:
1) I installed MySQL, but what the hell was "run the prog i had you download?"
You gain experience!
2) extracted compiled perl to c:\eqemu as well as spells_us.txt
You gain experience!
3)installed perl 5.8
You gain experience!
4) put NMAKE.exe into c:\perl\bin
You gain experience!
5) disaster struck-
a Perl 5.8 scowls at you, ready to attack. What would you like your tombstone to say?

I open cmd prpt, type perl -MCPAN -e shell
and c:\Perl folder opens up. clearly not what i wanted to happen. So i say fuck it and go ahead with the instructions.. I dont get anything prompting me for anything.

I restart my computer just because instructions say so. then i type install IO::Scalar into cmd prpt. instead of installing something, it simply opens my c:\WINDOWS\system32 folder 0.o

So, I sigh to myself and trudge forward.

I type perl -MIO::Scalar -e "print 'Installed'" into cmd prpt and like the first substep of 5), opens my c:\Perl folder.

Soo.. reading down, I am directed to search http://search.cpan.org for Scalar.pm and WrapTie.pm.
Cpan.org looks at you apprehensively. You appear to have the upper hand.
This only takes me a few minutes, I download the 2 files, stick em in the c:\Perl\lib\IO folder and set to try to backtrack over the last few steps I described. I repeated them many times now, with the same results. (So step 5 is completely fucked up)
Pain and suffering hits YOU for 1242 points of damage!
6) copied plugin.pl to the c:\eqemu directory
-created c:\eqemu\quests and copied default.pl to said folder

Extracted PEQ_Kunark_RC1 to c:\mysql\bin

Run WinMySQLAdmin.exe and selected my inherently easy, unforgettable user/pass, and stuck it in the slots.

You gain experience!

mysql.exe scowls at you, ready to attack. What would you like your tombstone to say?

I get my little window, looks like this:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 13 to server version: 4.0.22-nt

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.

mysql>

Ok, i say to myself hell this cant be that hard..

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVELAGES ON eq.* TO pooky@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'mypassword' WITH GRANT OPTION; (enter)
ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'eq'
mysql>
So naturally what do i do? of course I try every little change I can make to the "user" "pass" and "localhost" areas. I searched many many forums across the net, not only eqemu (which said to use image@113.113.13.13 --- 'bleh' after altering the db.ini)

It seems the access denied (1044) goes hand in hand with error 1064..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 13 to server version: 4.0.22-nt

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.

mysql> create database Forum
-> grant all privileges on eq.* to pooky@localhost
-> identified by 'mypassword';
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'grant all privileges on eq.* to pooky@localhost identified;
mysql>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read this..

Try this
mysql -u root -p PASSWORD <---where the hell do I type this?

Where PASSWORD is the password of the root account.

If I type it in cmd prpt, i get nothing, and if I type it in mysql> I get nothing lol.

Pain and suffering hits YOU for 32000 points of damage!
You have been slain by MySQL!
LOADING...PLEASE WAIT

Sorry for the really long post, I just wanted you guys to know each of my steps so you could maybe figure exactly what I did wrong. And tossed in a little EQ Humor to lighten the mood =)

I am gaining more and more interest in programming, im just... not that good at it ;)

1Boppoom1
11-17-2004, 03:22 PM
try my guide the one with perl that says FULLY WORKS on it\

more detailed

hoppy02
11-17-2004, 04:13 PM
Link here

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18508&highlight=fully+works
[/url]

Muuss
11-17-2004, 08:32 PM
Honestly, those guides aren't written for beginners. I m reproaching this to the person to write them, not to the person who uses them.
That guide is nice, and what's written in it is right. Tho, it's to much complicated for someone that never played with mysql.

- There's no needs to have another mysql account than root for a minilogin server. People who wanna run a public server will need to know more of mysql than this anyway, so they'll know or will learn easily how to add an account and grant it enough privileges (no need of all!).

- Sending people to search.cpan.org won't help them much. I think that a link to IOScalar.tar.gz and a small text explaining how to run the install could be easier to follow if the automatic internet install fails.

- For mysql command lines connections, never ask people to type
mysql -u 'login' -p 'password'
make them use
mysql -u 'login' -p
which will ask them their password.

- You need to make a flush privileges after you change privileges. This is missing in the guide.

Spike
11-18-2004, 01:04 AM
well if you want the complete newbie, beginners version of what he's trying to say is....

Click the START button on your toolbar, click RUN, then click BROWSE..., browse for mysql.exe. After that, add -u root to the ending of the command.

EXAMPLE: c:/mysql/bin/mysql.exe -u root (click enter)

Then type in...

GRANT ALL PRIVELAGES ON eq.* TO pooky@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'mypassword' WITH GRANT OPTION; (click enter)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
minilogin = for people who wanna play EqEmu Single Player.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spike
11-18-2004, 01:14 AM
Also I wonder how to install these darn new quests, I use to play 4.4 I need to update my brain, please enlighten me on how to get the new quests to work, also I want all the default quests so it acts like EQLIVE (if u know what I mean).

shanxi
11-18-2004, 03:04 AM
Yay!!

At this current time the text is flying past for about 3 minutes so far so I did something right =D~ <---big beaming retard smile.

Thanks for the help, apparently my mistake was a very small insignificant step that I didnt see in the guide but got me hung up completely =/.

Was the start>run>browse "mysql.exe" -u root

"-u root" characters makes that much difference grr. =)

Lets see how well I follow the rest of the instructions =D

shanxi
11-18-2004, 04:30 AM
Pasting directly from my files..

REM: ****Read this first!!!****

REM: This file requires your real IP in the place of "EXTERNAL_IP_ADDRESS_HERE" when you are connecting
REM: To the EQEmu Loginserver.

REM: When you are using minilogin, Replace all IP Addresses to say 127.0.0.1

REM: If you still get errors try using localhost instead of 127.0.0.1

REM:--------------Start-----------------------
@echo off

if NOT exist spells_us.txt goto NOSPELL

start zone . 68.217.134.200 8780 68.217.134.200
start zone . 68.217.134.200 8781 68.217.134.200
start zone . 68.217.134.200 8782 68.217.134.200
start zone . 68.217.134.200 8783 68.217.134.200
start zone . 68.217.134.200 8784 68.217.134.200
exit
cls

:NOSPELL
echo You did not copy the spells_en.txt from your everquest directory to this one. Please do so or zones will crash on startup.
PAUSE

REM:---------------END------------------------

##yes, i /blinked then went to whatsmyip.com and did ipconfig... my external AND internal are the same..

### --- This file tells world.exe what loginserver to connect to.
### --- Leave the account and password field BLANK.

### --- Public Login is un-supported as is LAN playing. We reccomend using the EQEmu.net Loginserver ALWAYS.

### --- NOTE: Starting 6-1-2002, you can no longer use the word "Server" in worldname.
### --- NOTE2: the word "Server" is added to each server automaticly.

# READ README.TXT

[LoginServer]
loginserver=newlogin1.eqemulator.net
#loginserver2=eqemulator.net
loginport=5996
#loginport2=5996
worldname=TestTest
worldaddress=68.217.134.200
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=0
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=TestTest
chataddress=
chatport=

------------------------------------------------------------------------

i went to my server page in internet explorer and there is no option for port forwarding, I figure maybe my problem lies there?

sdabbs65
11-18-2004, 04:36 AM
Pasting directly from my files..

REM: This file requires your real IP in the place of "EXTERNAL_IP_ADDRESS_HERE" when you are connecting

@echo off

if NOT exist spells_us.txt goto NOSPELL

start zone . 68.217.134.200 8780 68.217.134.200
start zone . 68.217.134.200 8781 68.217.134.200
start zone . 68.217.134.200 8782 68.217.134.200
start zone . 68.217.134.200 8783 68.217.134.200
start zone . 68.217.134.200 8784 68.217.134.200
exit
cls

echo You did not copy the spells_en.txt from your everquest directory to this one. Please do so or zones will crash on startup.
PAUSE

##yes, i /blinked then went to whatsmyip.com and did ipconfig... my external AND internal are the same..

### --- Public Login is un-supported as is LAN playing. We reccomend using the EQEmu.net Loginserver ALWAYS.

### --- NOTE: Starting 6-1-2002, you can no longer use the word "Server" in worldname.
### --- NOTE2: the word "Server" is added to each server automaticly.

# READ README.TXT

[LoginServer]
loginserver=newlogin1.eqemulator.net
#loginserver2=eqemulator.net
loginport=5996
#loginport2=5996
worldname=TestTest
worldaddress=68.217.134.200
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=0
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=TestTest
chataddress=
chatport=

------------------------------------------------------------------------

i went to my server page in internet explorer and there is no option for port forwarding, I figure maybe my problem lies there?

it should look like this..

start zone . 68.217.134.200 8780 127.0.0.1
start zone . 68.217.134.200 8781 127.0.0.1
start zone . 68.217.134.200 8782 127.0.0.1
start zone . 68.217.134.200 8783 127.0.0.1
start zone . 68.217.134.200 8784 127.0.0.1

shanxi
11-18-2004, 07:20 AM
Gah. Never going to get this stuff to work. I dont know how you guys have the patience.

Basically, all im trying to do is make a server that only I can get into. I am trying to learn the basic how-to's in programming the database stuff, implementing AI/pathing/quests blah blah.

I know how to spawn mobs now, but i dont know how to keep them on a steady timed spawn cycle. I dont know how to make them wander around (I follow the guide instructons but I get an error) and I dont know how to make them cast spells and such.

For example..

Last night I was trying to spawn a version of Quarm. I figured it would be nice to get him in there since folks wanna fight im and someone told me you cant spawn quarm in emu representing live-like since he is spawned via trials or whatever. So I figure why not put him on a normal cycle then for gameplay purposes?
I drop him in there, and at a level 75 status he hits kinda weak by himself, and slow at that. What I want to happen is he cast some kinda berseker strength and haste on himself so he is more challenging, and it would be nice if I can set him up with his (so I hear) 8 AE's.

Another problem with said spawn, is that everytimemore than 2 players engage him, the zone shuts down. I was only testing the difficulty level of him vs. a grp of 5 (cheating of course, they need a challenge too!)

I didnt want to make him a permanent spawn because I have no clue how to erase him in the case I dont want him there anymore, so I didnt use #npcspawn create/add

Everytime the zone shutdown, I had to respawn him, as well as any other spawns.

Now, getting to the point..

1) I would like to make XXmob_00 con ready to attack to any passersby
2) XXmob_00 needs to be able to buff themselves to make them more difficult
3) I would also like to know how to make them say.. dodge more, or mitigate attacks.
4) Once engaged, XXmob_00 needs to cast AEs/DD at certain intervals
5) and set up a normal spawn time for the mob =)

These are probably simple problems but I had spent all night last night trying to figure it out to no avail, on top of trying to get my test server going so I can do all my "theories" therein.

I am sure I will get the hang of it soon, i am a fast learner. I appreciate you guys putting up with me =D

sdabbs65
11-18-2004, 07:38 AM
well thats a lot of info.

this is what controls spawntimes.

SPAWNGROUP: 154001 X: -458.000000 Y: 182.000000 Z: -9.750000 RESPAWN: 150 GRID: 1 TIMER:100

you can find a lot of info here.
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=21

and here.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4692

Wandering is handled through a few simple commands.

#wpinfo 0-49 - Target an NPC and use this to retrieve WP information assigned to it for waypoints 0-49.
#gassign grid_num - Target an NPC and use this to assign it's spawn2 point to grid grid_num.
#grid add/delete grid_num wandertype pausetype - Adds grid grid_num with the wandertype/pausetype as follows:

Wandertype
0: Circular. NPC will cycle waypoints in order, then head back to the first waypoint.
1: Random 10. NPC will pick a random of the nearest 10 waypoints and go to it.
2: Random. NPCwill pick a random waypoint in the grid and go to it.
3: Patrol. NPC will walk the waypoints to the end, then turn and backtrack.

Pausetype
0: Random half. NPC pauses for half of it's pause time + random of half it's pause time.
1: Full. NPC pauses for full pause time.
2: Random. NPC pauses for random of it's pause time.

or deletes grid number grid_num.

#wp add/delete grid_num pause wp_num - Adds waypoint number wp_num to grid grid_num with a pause of pause on the location you're standing at, or deletes waypoint number wp_num in grid number grid_num (just leave pause at 0)

To setup an NPC to a grid, simply #gassign an NPC spawned by a certain spawn2 point, and all NPC's spawned by that point will adhere to the selected grid. An NPC assigned to a grid will simply start wandering it after spawning.

shanxi
11-18-2004, 08:29 AM
Basically here is what i am doing...

I find a nice little spot for a mob and i hit it.

#spawn GenericMob00 1 65 4 60000 0 1 0 0 0
(to make a GenericMob Human lvl65 plate wearing 60khp Male)

#summon / hail to get it looking the right way i want it
#size to get it looking right

assuming I like where it is and everything...
#npcspawn create (targeted)
#npcspawn add

now, lets say that GenericMob00 Is one of a few sentry mobs. I put the
#spawn GenericMob00 1 65 4 60000 0 1 0 0 0
Onto a hotbutton and make say.. 4 mobs of the same type in an entryway and then just face them individually, following up with
#.. create
#.. add

Now, I want to get complicated. I move off down the hall a bit, and add another mob of a slight variation.

#spawn GenericMobWalker00 1 68 4 72000 0 1 0 0 0

I want this guys to walk a patrol.

I start out near him..

#grid add 1000 3 2
(to make a grid, linear-patrol type, random pausing)

#wp add 1000 10 1 <--#1wp on grid 1000 pausing for 10secs at this point
walk down a ways..
#wp add 1000 30 2 <--#2wp on grid 1000 pausing in the middle of said grid for 30 seconds
walk to end of where I want him to turn around..
#wp add 1000 10 3 <--#3wp on grid 1000 pausing for 10secs before heading back

Now I go and find my buddy GenericMobWalker and target him..

#gassign 1000

At this point, I always get this error.

ERROR: Unable to assign grid - multiple spawn2 rows match

I have changed mobs, assigned higher/lower grid numbers, nothing seems to work

shanxi
11-18-2004, 09:17 AM
My mobs are STILL not walking, but I got 2 new messages..

Grid assign: spawn2 id = 347842 updated - fuzzy match: deviation 0.000000

Grid assign: Spawn2 id = 347823 updated - exact match

*sigh*

shanxi
11-18-2004, 06:59 PM
And yet another update after hours of fiddling...

I finally got my world.exe to connect, and my boot5zones.bat to work (yay)

My server even shows up in the server select. Only problem now is that it is locked, and no matter what my loginserver.ini says, it stays locked, and gives me the cold shoulder AKA 1017.

im going to reboot, backtrack, and troubleshoot.

Feel free to post if you think you can help me ;)

Yes, I am behind a router, yes, theports are forwarded, no I do not have windows faeriewall on =)

shanxi
11-19-2004, 12:32 AM
Okiedokie, EQEmu wins for tonight, my face is about to explode im so tired from reading all these blathering posts ;)~

I got my server online, so thats good, but I still have the 1017 error. Wasnt sure if it was due to my usage of a 0.5.8 build server so just to take precautionary measures I went ahead and upgraded it to a 0.6.0-DR2 (whatever the hell that means, I assume since 6.0 > 5.8 that the 6 is better, plus it had some more files. *shrug* Just being fecetious)

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1021 <-- Seems to me that my answer is being tiptoed around in here but I have read the entire thread 3x now and I still dont see the key.

BUT, since all my stuff works up to what seems to be my IP conflict, I am going to recap, in STUPID_MONKY_NON_BRAINHEAD instructions =)

First and foremost, I visited:

Make a folder on your desktop labeled "EQEmu Server Downloads"

Download all this crap to that folder:
http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/MySQL-4.0/mysql-4.0.22-win.zip/from/pick#mirrors (updated from post, thats ok tho)
http://adam.eqemulator.net/11-09-04_Compiled_Perl.zip <--Perl baybee!
http://downloads.activestate.com/ActivePerl/Windows/5.8/ActivePerl-5.8.2.808-MSWin32-x86.msi <--install this
http://www.engelschall.com/~sb/download/win32/perl-5.005_03-win32-bin-0000.zip <--NMAKE.exe
Of course you can pick a database (DB) but just download http://www.peqserver.com/download.php?id=773 <--Kunark update
http://home.comcast.net/~molimo140/default.pl <--default.pl
http://home.comcast.net/~molimo140/plugin.pl <--plugin.pl

when he says "additional DB files.." you dont know what to download, so just download these
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/eqemulator/EQEmuCVS/SQL-Files/Adventures.sql?rev=1.1&view=log adventures
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/eqemulator/EQEmuCVS/SQL-Files/aa_actions.sql?rev=1.2&view=log AA's I assume
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/eqemulator/EQEmuCVS/SQL-Files/aa_swarmpets.sql?rev=1.1&view=log *shrug*
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/eqemulator/EQEmuCVS/SQL-Files/doors.sql?rev=1.1&view=log Doors, pretty important
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/eqemulator/EQEmuCVS/SQL-Files/grid.sql?rev=1.1&view=log GRID, omg grid
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/eqemulator/EQEmuCVS/SQL-Files/trader.sql?rev=1.1&view=log trader
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/eqemulator/EQEmuCVS/SQL-Files/traps.sql?rev=1.1&view=log traps
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/eqemulator/EQEmuCVS/SQL-Files/tribute_levels.sql?rev=1.2&view=log trib levels
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/eqemulator/EQEmuCVS/SQL-Files/tributes.sql?rev=1.2&view=log tribs

Where did I come up with all those SQL files? well, when installing other junk down the road, I noticed errors saying they couldnt find these files, so I had ya get em ahead of time!

OK now here comes a hard part...

right click this link http://search.cpan.org/author/ERYQ/IO-stringy-2.109/lib/IO/Scalar.pm then click "save target as" ...where it says HTML document, click the arrow and select "all files." Once thats done, add ".pm" to the "scalar" and press save. (should be saving Scalar.pm)

right click this link http://search.cpan.org/author/ERYQ/IO-stringy-2.109/lib/IO/WrapTie.pm then click "save target as" ...where it says HTML document, click the arrow and select "all files." Once thats done, add ".pm" to the "scalar" and press save. (should be saving WrapTie.pm)

whew that was rough.. onward ho.

Download http://www.rogean.com/maps/maps.zip its a doozy tho, take a bio break or get some food, youre looking kindof pale.

VERY HELPFUL GUIDE http://eqemu.sourceforge.net/shawn319/Guidebook12.rar DOWNLOAD THIS DAMNIT

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Now time to start installing.

1- Unzip mysql-4.0.22-win.zip and extract all files to C:\MYSQL

2- Unzip 11-9-04_Compiled_Perl.zip to C:\EQEMU

3- Unzip maps.zip to your C:\EQEMU\Maps directory

4- Open up your EverQuest directory and find Spells_us.txt
Copy that file and paste the copy in C:\EQEMU

5- Install ActivePerl-5.8.2.808-MSWin32-x86.msi

6- Unzip contents of perl-5.005_03-win32-bin-0000.zip into C:\perl\bin

7- Copy Scalar.pm and WrapTie.pm to C:\perl\lib\io directory

=========================================
8- Now time to Install the harder stuff. . =
=========================================

Open a Command Prompt (aka DOS prompt) by clicking Start menu on your taskbar, then click run. Type cmd and hit enter

In the black box, type

cd C:\perl\bin

Then type

perl -MCPAN -e shell

It will ask you if you want to configure Manually. Say no.

When that is done, type

install IO::Scalar

A bunch of garbled messages will go through the command prompt. This could take a bit.

Once complete it will say Install OK (or something to that effect).

IF YOU GET AN ERROR MESSAGE saying it failed to install, It should say something at the bottom as an alternate method of installing IO::Scalar. Type what it says to.

To make sure IO::Scalar is installed properly, type

perl -MIO::Scalar -e "print 'Installed'"

If it was installed properly, you should see the word "Intalled" on your command prompt.

9- Copy Plugin.pl to C:\EQEMU

9.a-Create a new folder in C:\EQEMU called Quests

10- Copy default.pl into the Quests folder you just created.

11- Extract peq_kunark_keep_accts_release-1099244297 to C:\MYSQL\bin

12- Copy Adventures.sql, aa_actions.sql, aa_swarmpets.sql, doors.sql, grid.sql, trader.sql, traps.sql, tribute_levels.sql, and tributes.sql to C:\MYSQL\bin

################################################## ################################################## ###################

Here's where it gets hard again, prepare for brain deterioration =D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1- Click on your Start Menu on your taskbar, then click run, then type c:\mysql\bin

2- Doubleclick WinMySQLAdmin.exe

NOTE: A dialog box will appear querying you for a username/password. Make sure you use something you will remember. Perhaps.. user=BEAVIS / pass=BUTTHEAD I know thats redundant, but its important.

You can go ahead and close that, or leave it open, doesnt matter.

BIG STEP - 3- Click Start button on your taskbar, select run, and type cmd
(3a) in the Command (DOS) Prompt, type:

cd C:\mysql\bin

then type:

mysql -u root mysql

This will put you in the MySQL program dialog. you should have a prompt which looks like:

mysql>

Now.. Lets assume that the database you will be making is named EQ, your favorite username is BEAVIS, and your favie password is BUTTHEAD. Type this string exactly:

Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON EQ.* TO BEAVIS@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'BUTTHEAD' WITH GRANT OPTION;

If you typed it all out correctly, inluding the apostrophes ' and semicolon ; you should get this message:

Query OK, 1 Rows Affected, (0.0)sec

If you happen to get an ERROR, poke yourself in the eye because you just fatfingered something. Restart from BIG STEP -3- and try not to fatfinger this time =)

Now, since you got it right this time, youll still have a command prompt in front of you. Type this:

Create database EQ;

This creates your mysql "EQ" database. It should kick back out:

Query OK, 1 Rows Affected, (0.0)sec

You gain experience!

Now type:

use EQ;

WOW yer on a roll now! Now that you are "use EQ," any changes you make from here on will affect the database EQ. You should see this message:

Database Changed.

Now, type:

source peq_kunark_keep_accts_release-1099244297.sql;

Yeah, its a bitch. It might kick back a bunch of errors, i think because of the underscores and the dash, That is what happened to me, SOOO I just renamed the file in the c:\mysql\bin folder to:

peq.sql *chortle*

Now, it will run thru a bunch of code garble so fast that only Merth the Beeker Muppet could decipher it, so take a break, you made it this far. Go grab a beer =)

Now thatyou learned how to source, do the same thing with the next slab of .SQL files...

source Adventures.sql;
then
aa_actions.sql;
then
aa_swarmpets.sql;
then
doors.sql;
pant...
grid.sql;
then
trader.sql;
then
traps.sql;
then
tribute_levels.sql;
aand theeennnn....
tributes.sql;

Whew! You having fun yet? I sure am! Now imagine if you didnt download all those files and had to go back thru all those steps. Better off doing them all at once I say!

Now, before we get into this next hoonanner, you are going to want to know your internal and external IP addresses. How do you find this out? Oh its actually quite easy! First of all, Click your Start Button on your taskbar, click run, and type... you guessed it! CMD! In the command prompt, type:

ipconfig

You should get something to the likes of this back:

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :68.217.134.200
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . . . . . :68.217.000.0

Now, your INTERNAL IP address is that top number. And to my understanding, it is important that your subnet mask reads 255.255.255.0 ...and if it reads 255.0.0.0 then yer screwed and I dont know what to tell ya. *sadface* Youll have to spend months searching the forums for the answer.

To get your EXTERNAL IP address, go to www.whatismyip.com ...simple.

Enter in this next string to enable minilogin on your server:

INSERT INTO variables (varname, value, information) VALUES ('LoginType', 'Minilogin', 'Set this to Minilogin to login using a minilogin server ');

and then type:

alter table account add minilogin_ip varchar(32) not null;

Now, with just that code alone, you would have the server allll to your lonesome. Now I just know you didnt go thru all this trouble so you could be a recluse... you want some friends to be able to see your grand masterpeice too, so in order to allow them to play, insert this string... But prior to entering it, you need to know what to put in it. ACCOUNT_NAME_HERE being the user name you/others use to log into the server select screen. 250 is the GM status, and of course, theres the internal IP address.

insert into account (name,status, minilogin_ip) values('ACCOUNT_NAME_HERE',200,'127.0.0.1');

For instance, I would write it for me as such:

EXAMPLE insert into account (name,status, minilogin_ip) values('pooky',200,'68.217.134.200'); EXAMPLE

0 - Legit
10 - Semi-Legit
20 - Non-Legit
60 - Guide ......................... Status Pyramid
80 - GM-Quest Troupe
100 - GM-Admin
150 - GM-Lead Admin
200 - GM-Mgmt <--- SERVER OP, the one you want for yourself.

Guess what.. now type:

quit

Done there! Now we get to play with the c:\EQEMU folder we have been neglecting.

on your desktop, right click anywhere, and choose to make a new text document. dont name it anything. open it up and type:

sub commands_init {}

Now Select File --> Save as... -- > then where it says Save as type.. Click the arrow and change it to All files. Save the file as commands.pl Now copy that file to your c:\EQEMU directory.

Now, if youre feeling pretty good about yourself, you can feel free to open up the Addon.ini file that is in your C:\EQEMU folder.
Each of the numbers represents a status from the Status Pyramid Just a little ways up from here. *remember the minilogin status? Yep, each of those numbers can be changed to affect how your server plays. A tightly sealed "EQLive-like" server would have no 0's for any of the access commands, while a "Liberal Non-Legit Cheater" server would probably have most commands near the 0-20. I will post it here for convenience:

#Addon release file

[CommandLevels]
$MAXCLIENTS=25
@NPCSPELLS=8
!setaaxp=100
!setaapts=100
!level=10
!damage=100
!heal=10
!npcspecialattk=100
!kill=100
!timeofday=80
!date=80
!haste=100
!weather=80
!shutdown=200
!setxp=100
!summonitem=10
!itemsearch=0
!finditem=0
!search=0
!spawn=10
!delacct=200
!size=80
!worldshutdown=200
!chat=200
!appearance=150
!zoneshutdown=150
!zonebootup=150
!emote=80
!summon=100
!kick=150
!mana=10
!npcloot=80
!findspell=20
!spfind=20
!castspell=20
!cast=20
!invul=80
!invulnerable=80
!setskill=20
!setskillall=20
!setallskill=20
!save=100
!depop=100
!depopcorpses=100
!depopzone=100
!repop=100
!spawnstatus=100
!listnpcs=100
!listnpccorpses=100
!listplayercorpses=100
!deletenpccorpses=100
!deleteplayercorpses=150
!showbuffs=100
!nukebuffs=100
!hideme=80
!deletecorpse=150
!sendzonespawns=200
!flymode=20
!race=20
!texture=10
!gender=10
!zheader=80
!zsky=80
!zcolor=80
!zcolour=80
!zuwcoords=100
!zsafecoords=100
!zclip=80
!zsave=200
!npccast=80
!dbspawn2=200
!npctypespawn=10
!attack=150
!zstats=80
!lock=150
!unlock=150
!motd=150
!makepet=20
!crashtest=201
!showpetspell=250
!freeze=100
!unfreeze=100
!pvp=100
!permaclass=80
!permarace=80
!permagender=80
!gm=100
!gmspeed=100
!movechar=100
!title=100
!copychar=200
!serverinfo=201
!npcstats=80
!memspell=100
!zone=10

Now open up the DB.ini file in your C:\EQEMU directory. It should look like this:

# READ README.TXT!

[Database]
host=localhost
user=BEAVIS
password=BUTTHEAD
database=EQ

### --- This file tells world.exe what computer mySQL is on. Host should
### --- be left "localhost" unless mysql is on a differant computer than world.exe.

I know you remember your favorite username and password! Just enter them in the user= and password= areas. Very simple. Save.

Now open up the LoginServer.ini file in your C:\EQEMU folder. This one is slightly tricky, but relatively easy.

### --- NOTE: the word "Server" is added to each server automaticly.

# READ README.TXT

[LoginServer]
loginserver=localhost
loginport=5994
worldname=The name you want for your server goes here
worldaddress=localhost
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=0
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=standalone
ServerPort=5999

The only things you need to worry about at this current time is the wordname and the locked fields. Worldname is what you want your server to be named. Locked is duh, whether its locked or not. USAGE: True/False

Now, open up boot5zones.bat by RIGHT CLICKING IT and selecting EDIT. Otherwise youll just run it and get 5 command prompts.

Right click and choose select all, and press backspace to delete all that garbage out of there, we dont need to mess with that crap thanks to our friend MUUSS!!!!! for making an automatic script for us!! Simply copy the script below, and paste it into the boot5zones.bat file.

REM: This file requires your real IP in the place of "EXTERNAL_IP_HERE" when you are connecting

@echo off

REM >> Update INTERNAL_IP with the IP address used by YOUR server on YOUR lan
set INTERNAL_IP=192.168.0.2

if NOT exist spells_en.txt goto NOSPELL

for /f "tokens=1-7 usebackq delims=:. " %%a in (`ipconfig ^| find "IP" ^| find "ress" ^| find /v "0.0.0.0" ^| find /v "%INTERNAL_IP%"`) do set EXTERNAL_IP=%%d.%%e.%%f.%%g
echo External ip for this system is %EXTERNAL_IP%, internal is %INTERNAL_IP%

start zone . %EXTERNAL_IP% 7995 %INTERNAL_IP%
start zone . %EXTERNAL_IP% 7996 %INTERNAL_IP%
start zone . %EXTERNAL_IP% 7997 %INTERNAL_IP%
start zone . %EXTERNAL_IP% 7998 %INTERNAL_IP%
start zone . %EXTERNAL_IP% 7999 %INTERNAL_IP%

exit
cls

PAUSE

That right there is just simply amazing. /sniff

Now, make sure your EQHost.txt file which is in your EverQuest directory, reads as such:

[Loginserver]
host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994

Right click the file, select properties, and check READ ONLY. This is one of the main reasons for problems loading up EQEmu.

Now you are ready to rock and roll!!

1) Open up your C:\EQEMU folder, doubleclick world.exe and let it finish loading.
next...
2) Open up your C:\EQEMU folder, doubleclick boot5zones.bat and let the 5 command prompts load.
3) Make a new shortcut on your desktop by right clicking and selecting new shortcut...
4) Copy and paste the following code into your shortcut's destination path:

"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

5) Doubleclick your shortcut, Log in, and kick some ass!

================================================== ================================================== ===============================

I would like to thank all the folks on the www.eqemulator.net forums for the comprehensive, massive amount of collective information. Some of you guys make me feel like an ape banging my computer with a rock you're so smart. ><
IE: see: http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9201

Especially thanks to Merth, Melwin, Doodman, 1boppoom1 (for the majority of this guide), Xentar, hoppy02...
Muuss for the script
Spike for the:
well if you want the complete newbie, beginners version of what he's trying to say is....
Cuz damnit jim that made it all fall together!
and sdabbs65 for putting up with my ass and letting me spawn mobs that multiply faster than cells. :lol:

I hope you guys think that this is allright for being a compilation of what I learned in 2 days. I just felt the need to spread the knowledge I learned in at least a teeny bit less technical way =)
aka: so retards like me go, "og? og! oggggg!! uh uh uh.. LOADING...PLEASE WAIT..." 8)

shanxi
11-20-2004, 06:57 AM
damn, cant get past 1017 no matter what I do =/

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18508
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18569
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4526
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1021
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17370

..these are just a few of the threads I followed. I am running out of solutions. My server is up, its unlocked, my world.exe output is what it should be, no errors, and my boot5zones.exe is optimal as well (except for something to do with doors, no concern to me atm)

i have port forwarding on ports 1024-7999 with host port 1024 if I remember correctly.

im ready to start chewing on a brick at this point =P

shanxi
11-20-2004, 01:37 PM
Ok, lets cap this post finally =)

I finally got into my own server.

What did I do? Well, everywhere I had an ip address visible, I changed it to localhost and i was able to enter. I dont think other ppl can go to my server tho, no matter, I only needed a place to work =)