PDA

View Full Version : Guards

1Boppoom1
11-19-2004, 03:03 AM
is there a code that has the guards run around and kill animals like they do in EQLive? I would truly appreciate it cause yeah we have a lan server with a bunch of kids dieing and im trying to resolve....is there any kind of quest code that will do it?

Kroeg
11-19-2004, 05:03 AM
You could try increasing their aggro radius, but I was pretty sure that guards were fixed. Weren't they?

I was just in qeynos the other day, and had fippy darkpaw follow me into the city and he got mobbed by guards. Perhaps there are areas where the guards don't work still.

Dvinn
11-19-2004, 05:29 AM
I'm running running the Perl-enabled 11-16-04 CVS compile from this thread (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17924&start=0) with the PEQ Kunark database and I can confirm that yesterday while in qeynos2 I watched Fippy Darkpaw run right through the gates of the city and the guards did NOT react. Fippy ran into town, did whatever it is he does in there, then left unmolested.

Scorpx725
11-19-2004, 10:11 AM
Make guards KOS to the animals in the field?

Guards dont actually wander around in EQlive. In qeynos they stand by the gates, and attack mobs that get close. Alas using agro.

1Boppoom1
11-20-2004, 01:10 PM
im using latest cvs but i cant seem to get them to kill like in Misty Thicket and also none of my Dark Elfs or Isakrs are KoS anywhere they just runt hrough and nothing happens i will re DL the files and try againt hough

Dvinn
11-20-2004, 03:02 PM
For player characters, doesn't a high account status prevent NPC aggro? That could be your problem there. Don't forget, too, that without the .map files, NPCs won't aggro properly on default compiles.

That having been said, there's definately something wrong with guards at the moment. I downgraded to the 11-11 Perl CVS build that's linked to here on these boards, and they aren't working in that build either.

1Boppoom1
11-20-2004, 04:36 PM
what if i were to set their agro status to 3 or 4 what would happen? just a question lol

Scorpx725
11-21-2004, 04:25 AM
No clue, I dont do DB work.

But somehow, make them KOS to feild animals and not players, and there you go.

1Boppoom1
11-21-2004, 06:16 AM
ok i DLed that cvs and the guards dont even attack ont hat one either....... im not quite sure lol it just may be mny luck

Xorith
11-21-2004, 07:38 AM
In the db, we all had to make a change and put in an npc_agro field.

Maybe this has to be set to 1?

-- Xorith

jimm0thy
11-21-2004, 06:45 PM
I manually changed all npc's named guard and cloackwork and watchmen to aggro 1 however there are some guards not listed in the database , however guards are still not working.

Id really like to know if there is a way to get them to work , faction and aggro work fine on mob's so I dont see why the guards dont.

Cutter
11-22-2004, 11:57 AM
OK to make anything KOS to anything.. heres an example

1. you need to make a faction..

goto faction_list
put in a name for faction 1.. for this example lets make them Guards of Qeynos

in the Base field lets make it 500 ( this is the number it starts out with... when you first meet the guard.. how they con .. higher the number positive is more they will like you.. lesser negative.. means they will hate you more)

now lets make another faction in faction list
in the next field just put in animals
in the base put 100 or whatever.. if you want them to attack you on sight put -1000 or so.. really dont make a difference at this point

ok now lets make them hate each other...
in npc_faction
create a new entry...
to match the number in faction_list (IT MUST MATCH)

so well put Guards of Qeynos in the name field
in the primary faction field put the number matching this entry..

ok lets make the next entry.. for animals
but the only difference here is in the name field leave it blank.. illl explain later... why

ok next we need to goto npc_faction_entries
here is where we define what happens when we kill a faction and which faction it affects and believe it or not.. it will make each faction hate each other...

so in the first field put the number that cooresponds to the guard faction in the first field
and the same in the next field.. ( my example is 1,1)
now the next field is you ask yourself.. what happens when a player kills a queynos guard.. who does it lose faction with? and who does it gain faction with.. and how much?

ok so in this example if i kill a queynos guard.. the player will lose -500 so put that number in

now for the animals
make a new entry (2,2) for animals..

first field put the number and next field same number
if you kill an animal the animal faction .. you will lose how much faction with them?
ill put -500 also.. again you can put whatever......
now we need another field.. why? well this is where we are going to make the guards and animals hate each other badly

the third in final field put in the animals faction id (in this case it was 2... the next field put in the Qeynos guards Faction id which in this case is 1 (2,1)

so we say.. in this case if player kills an animal it will give what kind of faction to qeynos guards in this case ill put 300
its a positive number that will add everytime you kill an animal..

ok now all you have to do now is this.. in npc_types just put in the faction number for the qeynos guards and each animal that you want on the animal faction..

now in game..
if you run up and kill an animal thats on the animal faction you will not get a message.. other than you killed the mob..

but if you kill a guard
it will say
you lose faction with the qeynos guards .....

and of course your faction will go down.. so be sure to con the guards if you get near them..

ok so lets say you have good faction.. and an animal is like kicking your butt.. now run to the guards.. when the guards notice that someone is getting attacked that has good faction with them.. its natural they will defend them at all cost..

in the agro range change the guards agro to like 30-40 or so.. that gives a decent outdoor range...

good luck hope this helps out

[EDIT]
just wanted to add this also.. When guards are on a different faction list.. to make the guard wander.. just set the guard to a grid.. and if it does pass anything that has an opposite faction it willl attack at no cost.. i am using DR6.2 and i can confirm our server is surrounded by this effect.. and it works.. Give the guards again a large agro radius.

jimm0thy
11-22-2004, 04:17 PM
Hmm .. ok so i made a city guard faction (416) and newbie monster faction (415). They should be set to be KOS to each other , however they do not help players or attack each other ... maybe I messed something up. I do know that in the npc_faction_entries I wasnt able to acctually add a new listing , only modify the ones already there (using the MYSQL Control Center) - everytime I tried doing it manually it would give me an error.
Guess I'll go back over it later , 3 days of messing with guards Im kinda worn out on it now :)

1Boppoom1
11-22-2004, 05:31 PM
wow will try its very confusing though needs a bit more detail not sure of what but it does it shows the straight facts and not much more i know what your talking about in some areas but not in all the others just thought id let u know lol but will give it a try thanks.....

fathernitwit
11-23-2004, 07:49 AM
ok, heres the quick rundown of how this should work, since nobody here has it right yet... NPC aggro is completely seperate from player faction hits now.

step 1:
the npc_aggro field MUST be set to 1 for any NPC which might possibly aggro another NPC (but setting all NPCs to 1 will cause major CPU problems for you...)

step 2:
let us assume we have two npcs... A and B
A has an npc_faction_id of 1, B has an npc_faction_id of 2
npc_faction #1 has primary faction #7
npc_faction #2 has primnary faction #93
of note: npc_faction ids are not related to primary faction ids... primary faction ids are referencing entries in the faction_list table.

in order to make A attack B on sight, npc_faction_entires must have this entry in it:
| npc_faction_id | faction_id | value | npc_value |
+-------------+------------+-------+-----------+
| 1 | 93 | ?? | -1 |
where the value of ?? is unrelated to NPC aggro (it is the player hit with faction 2 from killing A)

likewise if you wanted B to also attack A, you would add:
| 2 | 93 | ?? | -1 |

the npc_value is the important thing, A needs an entry for each other faction which they will KOS and that entry should have a negative npc_value

also assist works in the same way... if you want npc C to assist B, where C is on npc_faction 3 (with primary faction 87), you need an entry like (note the positive value of npc_value):
| 3 | 93 | ?? | 1 |

jimm0thy
11-23-2004, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the clarification , will try that in a bit when I have some time.

phasepuma
02-01-2005, 09:24 AM
I've only seen this work on Peq's server when I witnessed Guard_Haendar00 smack up a skeleton. So it does work.

I tried this over the weekend, and have had no success yet. But I am determined to get it going eventually.

I'll keep you all posted.

Draktanton
02-04-2005, 09:21 PM
Also tried this and both did not work. if anyone knows how to do this please feal free to post away. running a 6.0DR2 db

Cisyouc
02-05-2005, 03:25 AM
Make sure you have maps in your maps folder for that zone.

RangerDown
02-05-2005, 09:34 AM
npc_aggro must be set to 1 for any npc that will aggro another npc. Their factions must also be set to hate each other. There's a full tutorial somewhere around here on factions.

You must have the .map files installed. Without it, no npc has line of sight to anything else and there will be no proximity aggro.

While the PEQ database strives to be accurate, the factions may not be 100% accurate regarding guards and the newbie field creatures. If you find a case of guards still not attacking creatures, you'll have to get your hands dirty and make some faction entries on your own.

phasepuma
02-05-2005, 11:57 AM
I have all the maps and Npc_Aggro set to 1. I'm going to have to get my hands dirty it appears.
The great thing, new things to learn =)

phasepuma
02-19-2005, 05:53 AM
little update, still no luck. Guess I'm going to have to wait until a fully 'detailed' guide comes out /w screenshots.

Skylark13
02-28-2005, 06:07 PM
You must have the .map files installed. Without it, no npc has line of sight to anything else and there will be no proximity aggro.And the .map files have to be in a subdirectory "maps" in the EQEmu directory, right?

Is there some way to download a zip with all the .map files? On the Sourceforge project page, I'd have to download them all separately (I'll do that if necessary, but if there's a quicker way it'd be nice). I also checked the EQEmulator Sorceforge CVS repository, and they're not in it...

While the PEQ database strives to be accurate, the factions may not be 100% accurate regarding guards and the newbie field creatures. If you find a case of guards still not attacking creatures, you'll have to get your hands dirty and make some faction entries on your own.One thing I noticed is that there are some entries related to KOS, KOS_animals and Newbie_mobs_KOS_to_guards, but in particular the guards in Greater Faydark have no entries in the npc_faction_entries table. So no mobs will be KOS to them, if I understand this correctly. I'll report this to PEQ...

I tried fixing it, by adding the following :

npc_faction_id faction_id value npc_value
1998 366 0 -1
1998 367 0 -1
1998 394 0 -1
2125 366 0 -1
2125 367 0 -1
2125 394 0 -1Knowing the following :
KOS -> faction id 366
KOS_animals -> faction id 367
Newbie_mobs_KOS_to_guards -> faction id 394
Guard Fireblight in gfay -> npc_faction id 1998
Guard Rainstrider in gfay -> npc_faction id 2125
And for example, in Greater Faydark, a_sylvan_bat is in faction 394 and a_decaying_skeleton is in faction 366.

And I put the gfaydark.map file in a "maps" subdirectory in my EQEmu directory and restarted the whole EQEmu server.

But those two guards still did not help me when I trained a sylvan bat or a decaying skeleton to them.

Anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

phasepuma
03-01-2005, 07:32 AM
There is a link on the boards for all the map files somewhere. Once downloaded, they all go into the c:\eqemu\maps\ folder.

anyone correct me if i'm wrong.

fathernitwit
03-01-2005, 02:08 PM
of note, the dir is capitalized on unix 'Maps'

also, you might try the newest code in cvs right now, i just audited the npc faction stuff and I know it works as intended and described here. I am gunna start trying to get rogean to build a new windows compile.

Skylark13
03-02-2005, 04:27 AM
There is a link on the boards for all the map files somewhere.I found that, but it goes to rogean.com, and it seems that Rogean redesigned his site lately and the link isn't valid anymore... Anyone else?

Oh, and thanks for checking the code fathernitwit, I'll try that as soon as I gather the courage to compile it :o

Skylark13
03-02-2005, 11:32 AM
also, you might try the newest code in cvs right now, i just audited the npc faction stuff and I know it works as intended and described here. I am gunna start trying to get rogean to build a new windows compile.Yep, 0.6.0-DR3 out of CVS works great! Thanks!

Guard Fireblight slashes a sylvan bat for 83 damage!
Guard Fireblight has slain a sylvan bat!

phasepuma
03-03-2005, 01:18 AM
Ah, Congrats!.

sysadmin
03-03-2005, 02:14 AM
Awesome, hopefully sometime soon we will have a dr3 compile. Awesome work guys.

phasepuma
03-05-2005, 08:17 AM
Finally got my Guards working also =)

sysadmin
03-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Finally got my Guards working also =)

Which world.exe are you running?

phasepuma
03-05-2005, 10:48 AM
EQEMu 0.6.0-DR3 CVS

sysadmin
03-05-2005, 06:48 PM
does your compile still have the 'unstable' zone.exe?
or was it fixed already?

phasepuma
03-05-2005, 07:17 PM
No issues with crashing.

fanman55
06-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Ok, I'm sorry if this question is really stupid, but where did you find the 6.0 DR3 download in CVS? I might be searching in the wrong places, can someone please send me a link? LOL.

Thanks in advance =)

Belfedia
06-19-2005, 09:47 PM
0.6.0 DR3
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18675

fanman55
07-13-2005, 07:01 AM
I noticed that when a guard attacks a mob in DR3 they only kick, they don't use their fists at all, It makes them not as useful in saving peoples lives.