PDA

View Full Version : EQEmu LOS

KhaN
11-19-2004, 10:39 AM
Weeks ago, Wiz and FNW (Thanks to them) added LOS code to EQEmu. I designed zones, and i would like to add LOS to them, but i do not know how to generate those maps, read somewhere it was generated by a linux prog ...

This prog must read data from the maps, question is now, what data, how to add it to the custom zones (Hi, WC !) ? I know question is very large, but i would like to know if you think its possible to add cLOS to custom zones, thats all :)

Thanks~

Xorith
11-20-2004, 12:57 AM
There's a utility in the CVS called 'azone' which supposovely reads in the .s3d file and outputs a map file.

It only runs under Linux, and I haven't gotten it to compile yet. Lots of errors, but I might be able to fix them.

Hope this helps you a bit, and if I get it compiled I'll post.

KhaN
11-20-2004, 04:55 AM
I know this, but i think this utility read data from maps, which are not added to the custom zones (made with OZ) ... but again i can be wrong :/

fathernitwit
11-20-2004, 03:20 PM
azone reads in .s3d files... im assuing you generate them for the client to read, so you should be able to use it just fine.

daeken_bb
11-20-2004, 04:37 PM
This is a bit offtopic, but I might as well put this in here.

fathernitwit: If you make azone use the new FileLoader/Archive APIs from the new release of OpenEQ, you'll not only be able to support s3d/wld (haven't added support for wld yet, but that's coming in a bit :) ) but also eqg/ter (this is fully functional) as well as any other file formats we add in the future. This would be a huge advantage as it wouldn't require you to rewrite azone for new file formats :)

Just a little thought hehe