PDA

View Full Version : players

1Boppoom1
11-20-2004, 05:02 PM
on my minilogin server whn i log in i make a character right? well after i make a character my lil bro will get on and he will play under the minilogin account i made him. Problem is he can asccess my player and all my GM status and more and it sux....how do i resolve? is there a query?

Dvinn
11-20-2004, 05:14 PM
So long as he isn't logging into your account, he shouldn't have access to your characters. Just don't tell him your account name.

If you need to change your account name, you could do this:

UPDATE accounts SET name='newname' WHERE name='oldname';

Replace newname with the new account name and oldname with the old account name. I've never personall y tried doing this, but I assume it should work. Could be wrong, though, I suppose :(.

1Boppoom1
11-20-2004, 06:14 PM
but thing is he can access it with his usernmae and not mine thats what im trying to figure out......

jimm0thy
11-23-2004, 03:29 PM
I had this problem with my 2 computer using minilogin also , I belive it acctually has to do with IP.

I may be wrong but how it seems to me is minilogin dosent care about username or password JUST IP ADDRESS. SO if you give 192.168.1.1 access with 2 different user names , and user name 1 has GM status - all minilogin see's is -Connection from 192.168.1.1 = GM

I had this error in my set up (3 computers on same network , 192.168.1.1 is of course my router. I have a no-ip.com account set up for the server computer [192.168.1.13] , the other comps are [192.168.1.10 and 192.168.1.11] however they are connecting to the no-ip.com address so then minilogin see's all incomming from both of those comps as 192.168.1.1) I did try having them both connect to 192.168.1.13 instead however at that point minilogin stopped working for me no matter what i did.

Memener
11-23-2004, 05:32 PM
Minilogin dosent go by username and password .....

It goes by IP of the computer running the client....

Minilogin is for like a lan party. Where everone has the own computer.

Now if you want it to go by username and password you have to use the EQEMu's login server...

Muuss
11-23-2004, 07:48 PM
I had exactly the same kind of issues at home, that's why i made a launcher. You can download it from the link in my sig if you want to try it.
In minilogin mode, it knows how to modify your account table so you can change your login account from the launcher, and have no need to make any mysql query if you have several accounts or play from several different computers.
It needs db.ini to guess the mysqld parameters.