PDA

View Full Version : Mysqldump noobie troubles

Topgun1969
11-26-2004, 11:10 AM
I am using minilogin 2 accounts on 6.0 dr2. Ok, i have been trying to refresh myself with all this again since 4.2.
My problems are with the backing up with the account tables and characters mainly but have been trying to backup my eq database.
I have read through numerous topics about how to do this. Maybe it is something to do with the mysql server i am using. I keep getting you have an error in your sql syntax, check the manual that corresponds to mysql server version error 1064 if i add the ; at the end of the command below. I have read the manual with no answers. Now when i run the command

mysqldump eq > eq-backup.sql'

it drops to this...

->

resulting in a 1 kb file that looks like this in the bin folder of mysql...

-- MySQL dump 9.11
--
-- Host: localhost Database: eq
-- ------------------------------------------------------
-- Server version 4.0.22-nt

But that's it, nothing else. Is there something i am doing wrong? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Other than this the server is all setup and works great. Just can't get my accounts and characters backed up. :?

The_Horrid
11-26-2004, 05:29 PM
mysqldump eq > eq-backup.sql'
Delete that single quote at the end.

The_Horrid

mrea
11-26-2004, 05:34 PM
Nice sig, The_Horrid. Tool kicks ass!

Topgun1969
11-27-2004, 01:51 AM
Ok, i have tried that already, Get nothing in the bin folder. I was a bit wrong with that above. I have tried to just point at the Mysql/Bin and get the 1044 error access denied, this is when i get the 1kb file in the bin. So i know i need to get in the DB with....(mysql -u root mysql).
When i get in with that i type the command...(mysqldump eq > eq-backup.sql) and then the line drops to

->

results in nothing.

Which now i have noticed the DB corrupts itself somehow. PEQ.Kunark release. I have it set up on 2 comps with a dedicated comp for the server. Everything works normal after a few hours but then comp#2 will freeze up and have to manual boot it. When trying to log back in with the character on it, it seems like the character isn't there but is (lol). Just can move around with the character nothing else, can't interact with nothing. Did this twice now. First time i fresh installed the DB and it fixed it. It happened this time again after the character died. Also when you group the health bars move up and down resulting in when you get knocked unconcious it shows you get up and down up and down not being able to pull out of the state. I guess the DB is corrupted again somehow but don't understand why i can't backup the accounts and characters.

Ok, i just read this to be the exact problem i am having with my server.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18228&highlight=peq+charicter&sid= 0bedec2318892cf9411ea8d1f14beb73

*sigh* just wish this worked for me, no items were causing this. I could delete the whole equipment on the character and log out and back and it would be as if i hadn't touched it. Just wish i could drop the accounts, characters and fresh install but mysql commands won't work.

Muuss
11-28-2004, 07:49 PM
mysqldump -u root -p eq > eq-backup.sql

mysqdump as the same parameters as mysql for the connexion process.

Topgun1969
11-28-2004, 10:40 PM
I tried that command line as well and it wouldn't take. So i tried a complete install of mysql but with version 4.0.21, did the Perl 6.0 dr2 with Kunark db and use the command to back it up. It worked! Characters don't lock up at least with a couple of linkdead times with them. I can work with that probably. That command worked fine. Thanks! Not saying 4.0.22 wouldn't work but maybe corrupted somehow. Not sure though.

Topgun1969
12-03-2004, 04:18 PM
I have made a different server on another dedicated comp. It ran great for awhile then suddenly the problem has occured again. My comp plays fine as usual her comp froze and the low stamina bar and when she logs out it comes up to my character screen. Same probs as the posted link above. He claimed he found a item that was causing the problem. I am not sure as to how to get rid of an item on the character or as to which one to get. Has there been any fix for this :?:

Topgun1969
12-04-2004, 09:26 AM
Ok, i have figured out what the problem was. It seems the feet slot of the character seems to get corrupted by an item. Used Mysql Front and deleted the item under inventory and now the character is back to normal.
Have a good one folks 8)