PDA

View Full Version : I have a Windows Lan Server that works!

watcher001
11-29-2004, 08:06 AM
hi I am using minilogin 6.0, winperlenabledprecompile 6 and peqkunark db. I am able to log on to my server with the local machine and others on my lan. My minilogin, world, and zone.exe's are starting with no issues. I have a static zone (qeynos2) set in the even that the server maching is loading zones slowly (not the greatest computer). I have downloaded every 3rd party db and quest builder I can find (except eqadmin as it's not current like most of the stuff I already dl'ed). The only issues I have are as follows:

1. Guards do not defend pc's and I'm having a hell of a time getting them to do so.

2. Tradeskills don't seem to work but the only test I did was the monk armor quests that I had gotten .pl's for

3. I still suck at properly making quests

4. I am totally brain dead on spawning npc's

5. I may need to start compiling emu myself so I can edit the max items area. I got an error after editing the db to ADD an item.

6. I am behind a firewall/router on the netserver machine and this will never change where I live.

7. I really have no idea what he best equip is for each class cause I've been out of playing until a few weeks ago when I started this.

Please feel free to ask me any questions and I will let you know what I did if I ran acrossed the same problem.

P.S. if anyone has a bunch of .pl's for the quests I'd love to get them ;)

jimm0thy
11-29-2004, 02:57 PM
Guards - I have yet to get guards to defend anyone or attack other npc's. Most of the posts will say you have to add / modify faction for the guards and npcs , however Ive done that to no avail. So that one Im still stumped myself.

Making Quests - If you read the pearl quest guide about 5 times and follow the examples you should get a hang of it, thats what I did. Also your Zone.exe will tell you whats wrong with the quest.

Spawning NPC's - If you get the Guide Book 1.3 and use #help it is very self explanitory really

Router - simply forward ports to your host computer

And for having quests just about anyone could give you the soulbinder ones , or you could copy and paste it from the quest guide.
I also have a quest to give out newbie warrior aroumr , hail npc and it checks to make sure your a warrior and then hands out proper gear depending on race.