PDA

View Full Version : MYSQL?!

Spike
11-30-2004, 03:29 PM
I have this error when trying to run the script that pulls the news from a certain forum onto the main page.

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'nobody@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /home2/placida/public_html/linkups/forums/news.php on line 119

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home2/placida/public_html/linkups/forums/news.php on line 119

ERROR:
Access denied for user: 'nobody@localhost' (Using password: NO)

How would I allow access to the localhost thing?

sdabbs65
12-01-2004, 01:34 AM
I have this error when trying to run the script that pulls the news from a certain forum onto the main page.

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'nobody@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /home2/placida/public_html/linkups/forums/news.php on line 119

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home2/placida/public_html/linkups/forums/news.php on line 119

ERROR:
Access denied for user: 'nobody@localhost' (Using password: NO)

How would I allow access to the localhost thing?

this might work <shrug>.
type mysql -u root
then...

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON localhost.*TO nobody@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'password';

ALSO you might want to check php.ini to make sure you have the passwords installed correctly some new readers require then if you server does... this is all just guessing without looking at the scripts but gives you something to think about.

Spike
12-01-2004, 08:52 AM
#1044 - Access denied for user: 'placida@localhost' to database 'localhost'