PDA

View Full Version : Need Classic/Kunark Legit PvP (not custom)

maveren
12-06-2004, 09:11 AM
Im looking for a legit pvp server with classic and kunark only, no spires, and not pok. Old world database, and spawn tables.

I have a well developed community of 200+ players willing to join.

Celestial
12-06-2004, 09:21 AM
Damn dude, sounds tight. I think PEQ has a database will be very usefull for you as far as this goes. Take a look at http://www.projecteq.net/

Scorpx725
12-06-2004, 12:29 PM
PEQ isnt PvP...

But dear god, if I was TCS I would switch to PvP.

Granted they can get a host to hold 200 people :o

mysticalninjajesus
12-07-2004, 02:53 AM
if i was tcs i would make it racial pvp, do a char wipe, close velious + kunark and actually make classic db like pre-kunark.. max lvl at 50, make it full legit, hire someone to copy all npc text, id disable maps and luclin newb armor quests and all stuff post velious etc. id ask some leet coder to fix the problem where mobs miss alot even if there way higher than u and hit for rlly low dmg so its not unbalanced and doesnt incorrectly emulate the content. and then char wipe after its fixd again lol. yeah.. that would leet..

wize_one
12-07-2004, 06:28 AM
PEQ The Grand Creation is and only will be the DATABASE DEV SERVER!!!!!!!! please get this through your heads.

they can download a copy of classic and kunark, set the emu code to pvp or whatever and do their own server.

sotonin
12-07-2004, 08:16 AM
yep. throw ANY hopes, requests, etc out the window. it's for testing thats it. Sorry. make your own server if you want all that stuff.. oh wait you can't =\

maveren
12-07-2004, 10:33 AM
is it possible to hardcode the races to prevent x-teaming, and make guildwar default.

This would restrict players to guild with same race only:
Darkies-Dark Elves, Trolls, Ogres, and Iksars.
Humans-Humans, Barbarians, and Erudites.
Elves-High Elves, Half Elves, and Wood Elves.
Shorties-Dwarf, Gnome, and Halflings.

Have no PvP restrictions, and further balance the player vs. player aspects of the game. Take Binding spells out, and have all characters bound at home cities. This will reduce bindrushing unless you are defending your home town, which should be the case.

mysticalninjajesus
12-07-2004, 10:56 PM
sounds just like what WWW.EQCLASSIC.NET is doing.

but.. how do you hardcode the teams so there isnt x-teaming? if different races couldnt group, they could still xteam. you would have to make it so you cant heal and buff other races. which wouldnt be fun. i would like to see no restrictions and have penaltys like faction loss for killing your own race and having the guards turn against you till you gain back faction with them. this way you can kill anyone if you really want but not without consequences.

maveren
12-09-2004, 10:02 PM
bingo, i will do the wise thing and help out with CoE instead of failing at my server.