PDA

View Full Version : MAX_FACTION error

nysson
12-07-2004, 08:47 AM
Okay, first off I'm not logging in from my computer so I won't be able to give an exact quote of what the error message is.

I'm running a dedicated lan server from the PEQ Kunark + 6.0 updates. It runs perfectly but during Zones bootup it gives me an error of something like:

'FACTION_LIST > MAX_FACTIONS'

I had a similar error when I added an item to a database.

While these errors don't seem to affect gameplay in any way, is there a way to change the MAX_ITEM, MAX_FACTION and other variables? I checked in the variables table, but these are not listed there, or anywhere that I can find. Or will changing these variables require mean digging into the .exe?

nysson
12-13-2004, 01:54 PM
Okay, copied down one of the actual errors to maybe help out. Since my memory didn't serve me very well when I first wrote this post.

Error in DBLoadNPCFactionLists: More than MAX_NPC_FACTIONS factions returned, flid=4862

As I said I also go an error much like this when working with a fully populated items table. 'Cept it was MAX_ITEMS or MAX_ITEMS_LIST.

Muuss
12-13-2004, 09:39 PM
These are setup directly in the source code, you will need to recompile it if you want to change the values. The numbers you have to write aren't the number of items, factions or types you have, but the highest ID of the item, faction or type in their tables (gonna make a short tutorial for this).

in NPCFactionList.h
#define MMF_MAX_NPCFactionList_ID 50000

in Items.h
#define MMF_EQMAX_ITEMS 85000

in NPCTypes.h
#define MMF_MAX_NPCTYPE_ID 400000

etc...