PDA

View Full Version : NEED IT SIMPLE....... OWE GOD PLEASE MAKE IT SIMPLE

JAMES QEASTAR
12-09-2004, 08:37 AM
Hello all...

Im currently in the Navy with a good crowd of people that play EQ. Unfortunatly we go on Deployments wer eu cant even get a Internet connection. We normaly Lan games togther and play but we would all rather play EQ on a closed server that 2-10 people can be on at once.

There are a good amount of EMu's for Eq out right now.. But unfortunatly Half of them are so buggy we spend more time walking through walls. seing double and spawning in places that we normaly wouldnt be able to get to. Let alone the wierd lag we get that allows you to play for a grande total of 5 minutes.

Poeple I need something simple to install and that actualy works. I need to be able to GM it when I need to and edit accounts. We have alot of Sailors coming in and out of the Command so some of the accounts WILL have to be deleted.

Can I PLEASE get a easy to install Very sturdy EMU with some instructions>? Man U have no idea how bored a person can get playing a 1st person shooter over and over again with the same people in the room. When we do get a new person... Well lets say for the next 3 hours hes the bait and better just run =).

PLEASE HELP US! I dont mind registering the Server, But being that it can only conect to the Internet when we are in a place with a connection I dont know what good it may do. Needless to say when we do get an internet connection at best it will be DSL or Cable. T3 is but a dream here and will never happen.

PS ... it needs to be easy to use and install. When Im not around to do the setups Ill have to hand it off to a new person and owe boy that can bring trouble

Respectfully yours
A Person needing Help in the US NAVY
Whidbey Island, Washignton

a_Guest03
12-09-2004, 09:52 AM
It's not *easy* to get running great, but there are some manuals. Just start off, and go about it as best you can. I suggest that you ask for help in the relevant forums. This forum is for a project unrelated to the one that you want. It emulates the client (EQ program). Try the general support forums.

daeken_bb
12-09-2004, 10:31 AM
Moved to EQEmu::General Discussion from OpenEQ::General Discussion.

Erlangen
12-12-2004, 12:02 AM
I new to EQ Emu started working on getting a mini log in server up 2 days ago and last night got up and running with "Spikes" 2 How To's"

I have very limited computer knowledge so hang in there is can be done even by the handy capped like myself. I'm am starting in a CIS program this spring so I'm hoping to be developing DB content based off the awesome Kunark DB that progecteq has put together.

So hang in there check out "Spikes" How to stuff on setting up EQ Emu the one in the "How To" Section with the Video.

Masterchief
12-21-2004, 07:25 AM
yes i need it simple javascript:emoticon(':P')
Razz