PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Spike!!! Your Awesome

Erlangen
12-12-2004, 12:21 AM
I'm new to EQ Emu started working on getting a mini log in server up 2 days ago and last night got up and running with "Spikes" 2 How To's"

I have very limited computer knowledge so it can be done even by the handy capped like myself.

I'm am starting in a CIS program this spring so I'm hoping to be developing DB content based off the awesome Kunark DB that progecteq has put together. I have 5 years ingame experience on EQ live I still have 6 accounts (shameful). I think only 2 are active not sure havn't tried to log in since I started playing EQ 2. Which by the way is a big shiney turd. Dumbed down to the level of a Walt Disney educational game. Anyway to my point I would love to help in anyway I can with DB and World building. I have very detailed knowledge of zones, mobs, and drops. I spent a bunch of time running around testing stuff last night and found a lot of bugs such as doors not working or opening or broken bridges. Mobsmissing loot in mobs also mobs spawning in the wrong places part of the reason I'm sure is EQ Emu prob didn't play live as long as I have or they didn't access to killing named mobs like myself. I would often take my hydra crew and farm a zone for days just moving around killing in area until I has got ever drop and seen every spawn. There are tons of incorrect information on Fan sites aswell. I have also done 8 of the epics start to finish for my toons as well helped dozens of people do there so I could help with quest building.

Here is the thing I have tons of in game knowledge just not much programing, or DB Management skills. I'm am wanting to learn both prgraming and DM management. I would be willing to start with just gathering information about incorrect stuff or bugged stuff and posting it some place for DB Dev people to change. I'm worried with all the new games that peoples interests are gone from EQ hopefully not. If someone would be willing to work with me I would be happy to work zone by zone to develope as close to EQ life content for a Velious or even SOL DB.

Look forward to working with you if there is interest.

fathernitwit
12-12-2004, 05:59 AM
hey,

if you really have good knowledge and are intereasted in helping, you should drop by #npcmovdb on irc. Look for me or ranger down (might take a few days to get ahold of us, were busy right now, keep trying). We'll see if we can put your knowledge to work on PEQ.

Erlangen
12-12-2004, 06:54 AM
I will look for you there. Thanks for the quick reply.

Mongrel
12-12-2004, 10:05 AM
So, is PEQ now doing support/updates on these forums again?

Spike
12-13-2004, 08:20 AM
:o WOW I got feedback! :o

I'm flattered, thank you very much.

I hope to get the videos back up (I have to remake them after mikenune promised to host them then deleted them, grrr). This time im gonna make them flash. It should prove to be better hopefully.