PDA

View Full Version : ERROR SOURCE FOR 6.0 WINDOWS SERVER GUIDE (Perl Enabled)

Malignus Wingnut
12-12-2004, 12:44 PM
If you are having errors with the setting up of your server following my guide (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17531) in the tutorials section, please post them here.

Please post ALL errors you are having, instead of making separate posts.

I will be making a compendium of errors and solutions up at this main post as people submit them.

I'll ask that the only posts that are made here contain PROBLEMS, as to not clutter the post.

Finally, the information you will need to post on the problem is:

1) What step gave you the problem.

2) ALL information pertaining to the problem. (If it's an error regarding the database, tell me what databse you are using, and what additional queries you have run/files you have sourced)

3) If you're getting an error from a program (zone.exe, world.exe, mysql.exe, etc....) post EXACTLY what that program says, guessing only makes my job tougher.

That's it, got a problem, hit me.

edit: a_Guest03 -
Added link to the guide you're talking about. Stickied

PROBLEM/SOLUTION COMPENDIUM:

IF MYSQL.EXE BEEPS AND CLOSES:

1) Open up the task manager by pressing CTRL + ALT + Delete.

2) Find the tab that has the list of images. Find the image named mysqld-nt.exe. If it is NOT there, proceed on to step 3. If it IS there, end the process, close the task manager, and skip to step 4.

3) Locate your task bar, there should be stoplight there. If there is, right click on it, and find the option to "Start the Service". Click this and the light should turn green. If it does not turn green, proceed to step 4.

4) Open up the folder C:\Windows. Locate the file my.ini, open this file, and copy down the user= and pass= lines. You will need this username/password later. Now DELETE my.ini.

5)Open up the folder C:\mysql\bin and locate WinMySQLAdmin.exe. Run this file, you will be prompted by the Select username/password window. Type in the user/pass from step 4. There will now be a green stoplight in your taskbar. Problem solved. Mysql.exe should now open without beeping and closing.

IF BOOT5ZONES.BAT GIVES YOU A 2006 ERROR:

1)Follow steps 1-5 of the fix for Mysql.exe beeping and closing.

2) When you reach the part where a green stoplight will now be in your taskbar, you are finished.

IF THE GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES LINE OF MYSQL DOESNT WORK:

1) Open a Command Prompt by going to your start menu, clicking RUN, typing in "cmd" (without the quotes) and hitting enter.

2) Type:

CD C:\mysql\bin

3) Then type

mysql -u root mysql

4) Now proceed to type the Grant all Privileges line again:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO Username@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'Password' WITH GRANT OPTION;

Replacing Username with your MySQL Username and Password with your MySQL Password (Both selected when running WinMySQLAdmin.exe for the first time.) It should now work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jhb45jr
12-12-2004, 08:41 PM
when running my boot5zones flie i get the following error

[Status] CURRENT_ZONE_VERSION: EQEMu 0.6.0-DR2
[Status] Loading Variables
[Status] Loading zone names
[Status] Loading items
[Status] EMuShareMem loaded
[Status] Loading npcs
[Status] Loading npc faction lists
[Status] Loading NPC Faction Lists from database...
[Status] Loading loot tables
[Status] Loading Loot tables from database...
[Status] Loading doors
[Status] Loading Doors from database...
[Status] FileLoadSPDat() Loading spells from ./spells_us.txt
[Status] FileLoadSPDat() spells loaded: 6299
[Status] Loading guilds
[Status] Loading factions
[Status] Loading AA effects
[Status] Loading swarm spells
[Status] Loading tributes
[Status] Loading corpse timers
[Status] Loading what ever is left
[Status] Loading commands
[Status] 176 commands loaded
[Status] Loading embedded perl XS
[Status] Error initializing perlembed: failed to install plugin printhook, do yo
u lack IO::Scalar?
[Status] Fatal error initializing perl: failed to install plugin printhook, do y
ou lack IO::Scalar?

but i have followed the guide step by step and copied the files and need in the eqemu directory and in the cmd prompt entered install io::scalar.
anyone have a clue as to what is wrong?

thekeepers
12-13-2004, 02:51 AM
Are you sure you ran NMAKE.exe? If not run that and try booting it up again.

NMAKE.EXE

http://home.comcast.net/~molimo140/NMAKE.EXE

jhb45jr
12-13-2004, 06:16 AM
i was able to fix that problem by unistalling perl 5.8 and then reinstalling it and then following the guide step by step once again.

Spike
12-14-2004, 12:59 AM
I followed the guide, downloaded nmake, put into the BIN folder, and re-installed perl 5.8, 3 times! I still get the same error he gets...

Malignus Wingnut
12-14-2004, 08:16 AM
Try running NMAKE.EXE before installing IO::Scalar, also if just plain old

Install IO::Scalar

doesnt work, try

make Install IO::Scalar

Hundredfists
12-14-2004, 01:48 PM
when using your guide everything goes fine untill i get to here

MAIN STEP THREE - MYSQL

3a) Go to C:\mysql\bin and run WinMySQLAdmin.exe

A window should pop up asking you for a username and a password. Pick both and write them down, you will need them later.

You can now close this.

3b) In C:\mysql\bin, run mysql.exe

Type into the window:

Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO Username@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'Password' WITH GRANT OPTION;

when i try to run mysql.exe the promt flashes on my screen and in it it says error 2003 and poofs before i get a chance to do anything. any idea what im doing wrong?

a_Guest03
12-14-2004, 02:14 PM
Try typing it into a console.

To do that, run command or cmd. CD into the directory where mysql.exe is, and run mysql. Tell us what the error is.

Hundredfists
12-14-2004, 05:55 PM
i tried running it from run, it runs, but all it does is flash on my screen (also makes my pc beep for some odd reason) and all it shows is error 2003 before it poofs. when i cd through promt it says mysql.exe was unexpected at this time.dunno if this helps any. any ideas?

Spike
12-15-2004, 12:58 AM
ok when you click on WinMySQLAdmin.exe in the bin folder, it tells you to enter a username and password (make one up), then after mysql is running (shows a little go light in the lower right corner of your screen), click START (lower left toolbar on your computer) > RUN > BROWSE... (look for mysql.exe, its in the bin folder next to winmysqladmin.exe), after it gives you the prompt code, type in -u root at the end of the prompt. Then click ENTER.

EXAMPLE: c:/mysql/bin/mysql.exe -u root
(CLICK ENTER)

Then type in use eq;GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO Username@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'Password' WITH GRANT OPTION;

REPLACE...
Username = your mysql username you typed in before
Password = your mysql password you typed in before

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO THISISMYMYSQLUSERNAME@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'THISISMYMYSQLPASSWORD' WITH GRANT OPTION;

Spike
12-15-2004, 01:05 AM
Malignus Wingnut, I did make install IO::SCALAR, and I still get the same error (actually I tried this my very first time I tried installing because I read your tutorial and did exactly what it told me to do.)

I noticed a very strange error. After type in the perl command to install perl, you actually HAVE to restart your computer otherwhise your computer will tell you another perl program is running in the background. So besides just highly recommending it, you should say it IS REQUIRED TO RESTART OTHERWHISE YOU WILL GET AN ERROR SAYING YOU HAVE ANOTHER PERL PROGRAM RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND.

Malignus Wingnut
12-15-2004, 03:08 AM
Try the optional error solution of downloading and copy/pasting of Wraptie.PM and Scalar.PM from the website linked in my tutorial.

Malignus Wingnut
12-15-2004, 03:23 AM
Hundredfists, if Spike's method does not work, a solution to your error has been added to the top post.

Hundredfists
12-15-2004, 06:23 AM
thanks malignus worked perfectly

a_Guest03
12-15-2004, 06:53 AM
Excellent work, Malignus!

Spike
12-17-2004, 12:26 AM
Try the optional error solution of downloading and copy/pasting of Wraptie.PM and Scalar.PM from the website linked in my tutorial.

Did that. Didn't work (Like I said read your tutorial word for word) also when I click on nmake.exe it just jumps up, then shrinks to nothing. Is it sapose to do that? I'll try running it before install. I didn't read the part about running nmake BEFORE make install IO::SCALAR.

Malignus Wingnut
12-17-2004, 11:32 AM
Thing is I didnt know you had to run it before installing IO::Scalar, as I myself have NEVER gotten any problems installing it on any of my computers.

brangle26
12-21-2004, 08:17 AM
I have two problems the first is when I upload my
PEQ_Kunark_RC1.sql it prints out a bunch of
Query OK, 0 rows affected. 1 warning (0.00 sec),
then after awhile it gets to this
Error 1060 (42S21): Duplicate column name 'lootdrop_id'
and
Error 1146 (42S02): Table 'eq.lootdrop_entries' doesn't exist

the second problems is when trying to run Boot5Zones.bat I get
Database Error: Lost connection, attempting to recover...
the error is 2006

Malignus Wingnut
12-21-2004, 01:35 PM
Brangle26, An error fix for your 2006 error has been added to the error resource in the first post.

With regards to your second error, it sounds to me like you're trying to source the database on top of an already existing database. Please tell me EVERY .sql file you have sourced, and in addition ALL additional queries you have entered.

artk
12-24-2004, 08:53 PM
i seem to be having a problem when entering the GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES part. I typed it in exactly as shown(except using my username and password), and when i hit enter, i get the following error

ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: '@localhost' (Using password: NO)

I entered everything correctly, and have retried several times, but keep getting the same error. Any suggestion?

thx

Malignus Wingnut
12-25-2004, 06:51 AM
Artk, an error fix has been added to the main post.

n00blet
01-05-2005, 01:01 PM
I did everything for the 2003 error that you have posted in your first post. Yet, after all of that the stoplight is still red....

PROBLEM FIXED

Belfedia
01-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Hello :)

I have a problem with boot5zone.bat

I have one error because he don't find Commands.pl file !
I have plugin.pl, default.pl, but never see commands.pl ?
what is wrong ?

Malignus Wingnut
01-06-2005, 06:25 PM
Commands.pl is not a neccesary file for your server and quests to operate properly, you have nothing to worry about.

Belfedia
01-06-2005, 11:37 PM
OMG this emulator 6.0DDR2 perl make me mad hehe :

My db.ini

# READ README.TXT!

[Database]
host=127.0.0.1
user=NAME
password=PASSWORD
database=eq

### --- This file tells world.exe what computer mySQL is on. Host should
### --- be left "localhost" unless mysql is on a differant computer than world.exe

My loginServer.ini
### --- This file tells world.exe what loginserver to connect to.
### --- Leave the account and password field BLANK.

### --- Public Login is un-supported as is LAN playing. We reccomend using the EQEmu.net Loginserver ALWAYS.

### --- NOTE: Starting 6-1-2002, you can no longer use the word "Server" in worldname.
### --- NOTE2: the word "Server" is added to each server automaticly.

# READ README.TXT

[LoginServer]
loginserver=localhost
loginport=5999
worldname=froggy server
worldaddress=localhost
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=0
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=MiniLogin
ServerPort=5999

My boot5zone.bat

REM: ****Read this first!!!****

REM: This file requires your real IP in the place of "YourIP" when you are connecting
REM: To the EQEmu Loginserver.

REM: When you are using minilogin, Replace all IP Addresses to say 127.0.0.1

REM: If you still get errors try using localhost instead of 127.0.0.1

REM:--------------Start-----------------------
@echo off

if NOT exist spells_us.txt goto NOSPELL

start zone . 127.0.0.1 7995 127.0.0.1
start zone . 127.0.0.1 7996 127.0.0.1
start zone . 127.0.0.1 7997 127.0.0.1
start zone . 127.0.0.1 7998 127.0.0.1
start zone . 127.0.0.1 7999 127.0.0.1
exit
cls

:NOSPELL
echo You did not copy the spells_us.txt from your everquest directory to this one. Please do so or zones will crash on startup.
PAUSE

REM:---------------END------------------------

and my eqhost.txt

[LoginServer]
Host=127.0.0.1:5999

All programs Minilogin, World and zone no send error message
And ? I don't see any server in everquest client when i log :/
I can't log to mine... don't see his name...

Spike
01-07-2005, 06:12 AM
If you don't care about perl and just wanna run a server, follow my tutorial.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18935

Belfedia
01-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Thanks but
Need Perl for quest ? is'nt it ?
I want make a full eqemu server :)
With french client from Ubisoft if i can !!!
SOE make everquest english, german and french ?
Whynot eqemu ? hehe :)

EDIT : FIND ERROR

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=StandAlone and NOT ServerMode=MiniLogin
ServerPort=5999

i search the problem since more than 3 days...
now that work....

Malignus Wingnut
01-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Are you trying to run Minilogin or are you following my guide? I do not have experience with minilogin, so if you are trying to use that, post in Spike's post...he'll help you out.

Belfedia
01-09-2005, 10:40 PM
i have try to mix the Two hehe for mak a EQEMU pearl Minilogin enable :) and now that work :p

A question : Pearl is enable, but no quest is on database package ?

Malignus Wingnut
01-10-2005, 10:01 AM
Quests are not contained in your database, but in a separate Quests folder in your EQEmu Folder.

Innerfire963
01-17-2005, 08:25 AM
Ok new problem...

IO-stringy-2.109/READEME.system
IO-stringy-2.109/Makefile.PL
IO-stringy-2.109/README

CPAN.pm: Going to build E/ER/ERYQ/IO-stringy-2.109.tar.gz

Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good

Error: Unable to locate installed Perl libraries or Perl sorce code.

It is recommended that you install perl in a standard location before building extensions. Some precompiled versions of perl do not contain these header files, so you cannot build extensions. In such a case, please build and install your perl from a fresh perl distribution. It usually solves this kind of problem.

<You get this message, because MakeMaker could not find "D:\pdirect\p4\Apps\Gecko\MSI\data\\ActivePerl\Perl \lib\CORE\perl.h">
Running make test
Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't test
Running make install
Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't install

cpan>

well thats the last bit i saw so thats what i posted...so...

1. What dose all that mean???
2. How do i fix it???
3. Help???
4. Plz?!?@1!??!1!11!

trxdraxon
01-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Ive followed the guide 3 or 4 times now uninstalling and reinstalling everything and I get the same error everytime.

Everytime I try to install Scalar I get errors during the install.

ftp://ftp.perl.org/pub/CPAN/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
Use of uninitialized value in transliteration (tr///) at c:/Perl/lib/File/Spec/W
in32.pm line 99.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at c:/Perl/lib/File/Spec/Win32
.pm line 101.
Issuing "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ftp.EXE -n"
> ftp: connect :Unknown error number
Not connected.
Local directory now C:\.cpan\sources\authors.
Not connected.
Not connected.
Not connected.
Not connected.
Not connected.
Not connected.
Bad luck... Still failed!
Can't access URL ftp://ftp.perl.org/pub/CPAN/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz.

Please check, if the URLs I found in your configuration file () are valid.
The urllist can be edited. E.g. with 'o conf urllist push ftp://myurl/'

Could not fetch authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
Fetching with LWP:
ftp://ftp.perl.org/pub/CPAN/modules/02packages.details.txt.gz

Looks like its trying to download files but isnt working. Im not sure if I have perl installed wrong or what but but ive done everything step by step from the guide and im running out of ideas =/

And before anyone asks, yes nmake.exe is in /perl/bin, yes I copied Scalar.pm and WrapTie.pm and yes the path in config.pm for nmake is correct.

nmurrell07
01-23-2005, 09:29 AM
hmm yes.. i get a similar error, after that i run boot5zones and it just crashes..?