PDA

View Full Version : Server is removing #gm flag from players who should have it

RangerDown
12-14-2004, 06:24 PM
Found this out while trying to set one of our guides with #gm on. He zones, and whoops, his #gm flag's gone...

After a little investigation I found this in line 5127* of client_packet.cpp:

if (m_pp.gm && admin < 80)
m_pp.gm = 0;

(Line 5127 in the version PEQTGC has, which may be different from the most current CVS version)

The setting to require minimum 80 status is incorrect. All levels of guide, down to apprentice guide (status 40), have #gm flag on EQLive.

I guess it could be argued whether the security-check the above code should exist at all -- I'm not a big fan of protecting serverops from their own stupidity :P But that's a different topic altogether, if the check is there, it's not properly emulating eqlive to have the minimum status requirement set at 80.

Cisyouc
12-15-2004, 08:36 AM
It's saying, if you have an access level of below 80, you will have it removed when you zone. You can change it, but personally I like it. Although I think this little setting -should- be read from addon.ini or the variables table, personally.

RangerDown
12-15-2004, 10:22 AM
I know what it does. (Edit: tho you might be clarifying that for others who don't look at the code.)

I'm not against there being an on-zone removal for insufficient status, but if there is, it doesn't make sense for it to be 80+. It should at least be down to a level where guides (40-50) will be able to retain the #gm flag, given that apprentice guides and up have the flag on Sony EQ.

Anyways, I think Fathernitwit has found a few of the places where it wants to do this (there's other spots in the code -- all GM slash commands, unlocking doors, negating environmental damage) and is trying to consolidate them in one spot. If they can't be defined in addon.ini, at least they can be in a single .h file that the server op can easily change.