PDA

View Full Version : Warning while trying to compile

FiCtIoN
12-18-2004, 06:39 PM
Im using the latest cvs source and VS c++ 6.0 and get a warning while compiling the zone.exe and the world.exe The following is the warning.

Compiling...
Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/Ob2'

ive noticed that some unknown op codes im getting while running my server corespond with the warning im receiving. Any help is greatly appreciated

zaendol
12-19-2004, 10:30 AM
Heya,

I've seen this question in several places, but I haven't seen an answer yet, so I will give you a place to start. /Ob2 is a compiler option having to do with inline function optimization or some such, that is I believe not available in the standard edition of VC++ 6.0. But I think it is available in higher versions, and .NET.

I seemed to be able to compile while just ignoring this warning, and additionally, if you go to

'Project'
'Settings'

then select..
Settings For: Win32 Release

highlight the project you are compiling, i.e. 'World' or 'Zone' or whatever...

click the tab 'C/C++'

In the Project Options at the bottom of the dialog, you will see /Ob2 in the list. I deleted this option, and it compiles without warnings or errors. I would assume that is a valid fix for the warning, but I am just a hacker and not a real decent programmer.

The MSDN information on this option is located at...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_.2f.ob.asp

Anyway, take it with a grain of salt... seems to work for me.

FiCtIoN
12-19-2004, 12:03 PM
Thanks alot for the feedback the fix you mentioned seems to have fixxed all my issues so far, so ide say that is a pretty valid fix.