PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout them quests?

Zengez
12-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Hey all;

Tryin to build a quest, but everything i do is in vain... however yet again it's 2am and it's probably something pretty dumb (tryin to just build a quest to let traindisc work hehe)

But this led me to a question i've had time and time again, and never asked, nor found an answer to... Is there any questpacks somewhere i can impliment into my server? I know that servers can use different DBs and that has npcid ramifications and the like, but i'm using the PEQ kunark db, which appears to be pretty popular... so much so that i'd be willing to guess a quest pack isn't a bad idea, and as such, was already thought of for it... So if it is around i haven't found it, anyone able/willing to tell me where i might find it and if it might even exsist?

As to my problem, gonna look at it again in the morning but here's what i've done so far...

Went into ecommons to the book vendor... having no experience with perl whatsoever i'm pretty much just goin off the couple guides i found and makin stuff up as i go along.

Anyways went to ecommons, targeted one of the tome vendors and did an #npcstats, then i got his npcid (22081) and made a folder in /quest of my eqemu server, and titled it 'ecommons' inside that i made a file named '22081.pl' and edited it as follows;

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text =~ /Hail/i) { quest::say("You said hail!"); }
}

#sub EVENT_SAY
#{
# if($text =~ /Hail/i) { quest::say("Heyas $name, hand me a [book] if you like, but make sure it's the right one!"); }
# if($text =~ /book/i) { quest::say("Yea, you know, those discipline tomes... i think most of them would be better suited to smack someone with than learn though."); }
#}
#sub EVENT_ITEM
#{
#if($itemcount {66200} == 1){quest::say("Good For you, I knew you could do it!");
#quest::traindisc($userid,66200);
#}

I know everything at the bottom is commented out, and that's cause thats the code i was gonna try once i got the confirmed code to work.... but i can't even get that far, so anyone know wtf i'm doing wrong here?

Thanks for the help, and on the info about the quest pack, which would just make my life soooo much better hehe

Dave987
12-21-2004, 03:24 AM
The quest should work.
When you load World.exe , are you sure you get the Perl enabled things? Perlemb enabled , and those things?

$EQEmuDir/quests/zone/npcid.pl , just check that too.

As for the quest package, http://quests.eqemulator.net used to exist, but seems not to any more. I don't think there is a package, but am not 100% sure.

Good luck.

Lurker_005
12-21-2004, 05:08 PM
In http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18993 there is a archive of old quests (not sure if that copy is perl) as well as a utility that can update the npc id's to match your DB. They may need work to run right with the current quest engine.

Lurker_005

Zengez
12-21-2004, 05:48 PM
Thanks on info, it was in perl, just need to figure out how to update it... once again 2 in the morning but i'm almost positive i had perl enabled, so i'll have to go through and read the thing when it starts to see if it really is, that may be my problem... /shrug

Worst case, i have to fix perl-enabled and hand-fix all the npcids... would suck, but i can deal /shrug

Zengez
12-22-2004, 02:58 AM
Yea, seems i don't have perl enabled on my server, which is surprising... here's the problem though, i can't honestly remember which stuff i did and didn't do to get it to work on my linux box...

I have perl on my linux box already, before i started eqemu, and i d/l the perl-enabled 6.0 emulator... is there a step i'm missing i assume? i'll have to look back but if someone knows the step i'm missing and could post it it would make my life easier hehe