PDA

View Full Version : #unstick (or something)

Speedz
12-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Is it possable to add a command that can be open to all users if server op wishes that doesn't allow #zone or what ever else of a variation of exploitable movements designed to counteract getting stuck and waiting for GM's to move you....

Idea, Have this command get current heading of the player character and move them about 5 or so meters in that directoin...maybe have a timer involved in it where it can only be used once an hour or something like that, or even once per login.

Just an idea, not sure how possable as I am no programmer. Just think it would cut petitions in say maybe half regarding char moves.

Cisyouc
12-23-2004, 03:04 PM
In Evolution II we implemented #safegeo which moved you to the safe points of the current zone and stunned you for 60 seconds.

An idea you could consider.

Speedz
12-23-2004, 05:47 PM
yea I remember that, wasn't to fond of it sry :-(...

could be exploited to traverse zones (ie. PC)

and the stun was annoying :-P

mollymillions
12-23-2004, 06:37 PM
There is a standard (undocumented) command, /reverse or /backtrack or similar, that retraces your last few seconds of movement to allow you to get out of a stuck location (but If this requires server side code then I guess its probably not supported in EQEmu). I have used this command on Live, in the distant past, to successfully extract myself from under the world map.

cloud2276
12-24-2004, 12:57 PM
You referring to /rewind molly? I know that command works on scorp2k server.