PDA

View Full Version : Adding Missing Zones to PEQ Kunark Database

Rodnoldo
12-24-2004, 02:48 AM
Hello,

I saw a response to this question in one of the topics about 2-3 weeks ago, but didn't bookmark it. I've looked and looked and can't find it again. Please pardon this question if it's been answered, and direct me to the answer topic, if possible. Thanks.

I created a server using the EQEmu 0.6.0-DR2 and the PEQ Kunark database and it's all working very well. I upgraded from 5.1 and one of Drawde's databases. The pathing is great.

The PEQ Kunark database does not seem to load Velious or Luclin zones. I would like to have the zones available, even if PEQ is not done with them.

How do I load the missing zones?
Would I just source in my old zones table from my 5.1 server?
Or would that mess up my PEQ Kunark database for the zones?

I don't want to mess anything up. It's working great for the classic EQ and Kunark zones I've visited.

Thanks, again, for a tip to fix this for my server.

Thanks, PEQ, for all the great and hard work you put into the PEQ Kunark database. I'm anxious to see Luclin zones completed (I never really played much in Velious on LIVE, but spent alot of time in Luclin).

Rodnoldo
(Just a family server-making guy)

Skyphen
01-30-2005, 08:52 AM
The database files you need to source can be found here http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17363 with the correct order in which to source them in. I know these database files will allow you to zone into the expansion zones velious and up but none of them will be populated. Also to be able to zone into the zones make sure that you have the expansions installed and patched up to 12/15/04.

Sourdough35
02-15-2005, 05:35 AM
I thought the most recent version of the DB was an all inclusive, fully populated deal. I'm speaking out of about ZERO experience because I kinda came onto the forum after the whole 12/04 patcher incompatibility thing. But from what i've seen in the world of warcraft databases, a DB has all the spawn info for NPCs, mobs, quests, etc, and it puts it all into the world for you. Is this an innacurate viewpoint, then?

RangerDown
02-15-2005, 07:29 AM
The classic and kunark databases do not have entries for post-Kunark zones in them.

When we release Velious, we may include all zones (at least up to OoW) since there seems to be a lot of requests for them. (Edit: but of course, post Velious won't be populated :P)

Sourdough35
02-15-2005, 07:54 AM
So essentially, what the PEQ database has up to this point in its most complete form is all of the classic zones quested and populated, and all of kunark, but nothing beyond?

mattmeck
02-15-2005, 08:51 AM
no quests, but yes to the rest.

Sourdough35
02-15-2005, 09:05 AM
thanks for all these answers to my noobish questions, I haven't been able to get any info from anywhere else.

Is there any way or are there any additional DB's that attempt to recreate the EQ quests for each zones? Are they even complete to a reasonable extent? I definitely don't wanna crap on the immense amounts of work it probably takes to put all this stuff together because I'm typically just in awe of all the effort these designers have put into stuff like this. It's amazing in it's own right. However, I always figured after being out for so many years there'd be someway for me to implement the quests. (edit: without recreating each one myself, of course.)

edit 2: then again, if I'm not mistaken, much of the lower level game didn't really revolve around quests anyway. A great deal of them came in through the expansions. But still, is there any way to access them?