PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Create a Torrent for working version of EverQuest?

azo313
01-01-2005, 08:21 AM
Given that anyone can download EverQuest for free - (on SOE's web site).

Wouldn't it be beneficial to create a torrent of the latest working version without the patch that breaks EQemu?

01-01-2005, 08:27 AM
omg against rules omg omg~

azo313
01-01-2005, 08:29 AM
Creating a mirror of an already free-of-charge download? Anyone can download the software. How is this against the rules?

If they didn't want non-subscribers to download it, they would have required you to login with your active station name before downloading the software. This is not the case.

01-01-2005, 08:29 AM
still against rules omg omg ~

01-01-2005, 08:30 AM
-No warez. This INCLUDES Sony FTP stuff and older patches.

azo313
01-01-2005, 08:31 AM
Upon reading the rules. The only part that has anything remotely relating to this topic:

-No warez. This INCLUDES Sony FTP stuff and older patches.

I'm not sure how software that can be downloaded by anyone directly from the developer constitutes warez. That's like saying...

"No human beings. This INCLUDES dogs, cats, birds, and fish."

Doesn't make sense.

01-01-2005, 08:32 AM
well trust me mods will yell at u for postin so i'd suggest just deletin it. People get banned for things that don't make sense around here like all the time.

azo313
01-01-2005, 08:36 AM
If they feel it's inappropriate, they can exercise their right to delete this thread.

I honestly do not believe this violates the rules, as I do not believe it's considered "warez." I just downloaded the full game from SOE's web site. Did I just break the law?

I'm not saying i'm correct, I'm just saying I believe I'm correct. If I'm not, please let me know how this constitutes warez.

01-01-2005, 08:40 AM
bet u $100 they'll delete it

azo313
01-01-2005, 08:41 AM
I'm not doubting it. I wouldn't know, as I'm not a frequent poster here. If they wish to delete it, fine. I'd really appreciate an explanation though.

Farrenz
01-01-2005, 09:50 AM
this thread wouldent be a problem if you got rid of the link, as I'm sure the developers know about this already and will not support a torrent for an earlier patch.

Richardo
01-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Well, I never understood why they forbid what sony condones about people downloading from them...

Windcatcher
01-01-2005, 12:15 PM
They'll delete it...they'll have to. I mean, jeez louise, are you people *trying* to get this project shut down? Knock it off already!

mattmeck
01-01-2005, 12:39 PM
SOE provides the DL ONLY if your a furst time player, going to play on there servers for the trial 30 days to0 decide if you want to play, after that time you have to buy any expancions.

If i write a book, get it copywrited and published, then a year later someone is giving it out for free without my permition, thats against the law.

We dont have SOE's permition to hand out any of there files., and yes there copywrited.

Rontor
01-01-2005, 06:11 PM
Yea Azo watch out, they nearly banned me for asking a noob question. :cry:

Rogean
01-01-2005, 09:26 PM
Sony owns Everquest and its Copyrights, Trademarks, etc. That gives THEM Every right to distribute their game through markets, internet, whatever floats their boat. It does NOT, however, give ANYONE ELSE the right to distribute their game, no matter what method its distributed from sony. Therefor, making a torrent would be ILLEGAL, and also distributing ANY EQ files is ILLEGAL. Thread Locked. Subject Closed. I don't want to see any more threads about EQ Files, or getting around the system.