PDA

View Full Version : EQEmu Setup Program(s)?

Malignus Wingnut
01-09-2005, 07:05 PM
Would anyone be interested in me FTPing a packaged eqemu setup program... well not really a single program, however very easy to follow instructions that will do all of the hard stuff for you. It will save you having to deal with mysql and the hand editing of files.

RangerDown
01-10-2005, 03:23 AM
If you can manage to package MySQL setup and all that into it, it'd be terrific.

fathernitwit
01-10-2005, 08:44 AM
I have considered making an installer with the following all set up:

eqemu
mysql
apache
php
perl + IO::Scalar
minilogin
with all the little files, directories, etc... all set up to connect to local host mysql.
and a little text file telling them how to configure the boot bat file.

And in an ideal world:
peq_editor set up under apache
winCVS and a copy of PEQ's quest pack checked out from CVS for easy updating.

That would be the ultimate EQEMU installer... the reasoning behind all of the other pieces are those are things that people generally need to set up if they run their own eqemu server. A lot of people want to write quests or work on the database, but they arnt apt enought to setup and install all the above software. This is one of many many projects I have on my list of things to do but I do not have enough time to do right now. If you were to put this together, I know I would put it to use for PEQ team members, and would be greatly in your debt.

Cisyouc
01-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Hmm.. Interesting project.

Is MFC ok? :P

Malignus Wingnut
01-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Dunno who that question was directed at heh... I'm really going oldskool on my project, I dont know enough c++ to help me so I'm coding all the auto ini file editing programs in QBasic ^^.

I'm about half done, should see me posting a link for dl within a week or so.

toolfan
01-14-2005, 04:14 PM
This would be a great idea. Just trying to get all the needed files downloaded is a huge pain in the ass anyways aswell. So I would totally support this.