PDA

View Full Version : Zone.exe Crashes on Zone Boot?

Cailin
01-23-2005, 07:00 AM
For some odd reason, zone.exe is crashing on me with what seems to be no reason. I mean, it doesn't even give me any detailed debug.
Map ./Maps/ecommons.map not found.
[Status] Weather should change in 3688 seconds
Init: Loading zone lists, zone state or spawn listElapsed time: 170105
Spawn2count: 238
gmspawntype_count: 2
npc_count: 239
npcloot_count: 347
Zone state loaded.
, player corpses, traps
, timezone data - Done. ZoneID = 22; Time Offset = 0
Successfully loaded Zone Config.
[Status] Loading Objects from DB...
[Status] Loading Ground Spawns from DB...
[Status] Loading doors for ecommons ...
[Status] Done loading doors for ecommons ...
[Status] Loading AA information...
[Status] Loading Merchant Lists...
[Status] Loading Temporary Merchant Lists...
[Status] Zone Bootup: Ecommons (22)
[Status] 162281 New client from ip:192.168.0.200 port:2209
Read group ID for 'Lakalia': 0
Lakalia being my character. I'm running this all off of my own system; I've got a MiniLogin setup going.
World.exe tells me this:
Attempting autobootup of Ecommons (22) for Lakalia
Zoneserver SetZone: 192.168.0.200:8780 Ecommons (22)
Enter world: Lakalia: Ecommons (22)
Zoneserver SetZone: 192.168.0.200:8780 Ecommons (22)
Received unknown opcode: 0x0376 size:0 bytes
192.168.0.200:2200: TCPConnection::RecvData(): Error: 10054
Removing zoneserver from ip:0.0.0.0 port:0 (192.168.0.200:8780)
I've been able to create characters fine, it's just when I've used #zone to get to another map I get booted and then this happens. Odd considering how it did work before.

I don't think it's the ecommons.map file that is the culprit (it's missing), as the server does work for every map that I've tried to get to by just walking into it. What am I doing wrong here?

Oh, and another thing: World.exe isn't good at handling multiple characters on one account when used with MiniLogin. Eqgame.exe will always disconnect from the server (or the other way around?) if one tries to log-in to one of their characters when the account's got two or more on it. It must be something to do with the accounts table in the database - the character field only ever lists the first character on the account.

Skyphen
01-30-2005, 07:53 AM
If you are setting up a minilogin use the ip address 127.0.0.1 wherever you need to put in an ip address. This will help with any ip address issues you may get if you are using a router. Also if you could post what your minilogin is showing that would help. Make sure to check that the ip addresses match up with minilogin and world.exe when a character connects.

Cailin
01-30-2005, 04:15 PM
MiniLogon never shows anything out of the ordinary, and the IP addresses always match. I can log-in and play fine, it's moving through zones that's causing the trouble. It's all of these "unknown opcodes" that are causing trouble - which I guess are just packets sent to the server that it doesn't understand. They're completely random too, giving me another dimension of... odd behaviour.

It just seems like the client I have (just before the 12/15 patch) seems to be the culprit here. Does anyone know what the optimal patch is that should work with 0.6.0-DR2? Just curious to see how far I'm off...

footfall99
01-31-2005, 04:28 PM
The optimal patch for 0.6.0-DR2 is the pre-December 15 patch and will be the optimal patch forever. I say forever because any patch after that does not work with the current Eqemu and any client before is either buggy or does not work.
So basically we are stuck with the patch we have =P. I suggest looking at your setup and go back and look at the tutorial and make sure you followed all the steps correctly. Also check if your boot5zones.bat is working correctly with your world.exe.

edit-grammar ><