PDA

View Full Version : Custom Zones - Z Axis Problem

KhaN
01-23-2005, 10:33 PM
Hello,

I dont know if many of you have spawned custom zones, but we (WoA) look like to have a problem with Z Axis when mobs are moving on a grid.
Basically, often, ours mobs just jump while moving ... which look like, weird.

Our zones are not like EQLive (Flat), but with many hills and holes everywhere, but it appear its not really the problem, since on flat part, same problem occur ...

RangerDown
01-24-2005, 02:57 AM
How are you getting your grids created? Manual use of commands, and if so which ones?

KhaN
01-25-2005, 12:19 AM
NPC are spawnned with comand #wp add, but we also tested with manual DB edit and problem still occur.

fathernitwit
01-25-2005, 03:11 AM
this is a problem with peq's DB as well, but I always assumed that it was because of the way we collected the data. This happens because the Z value of the waypoint either gets multiplied by a large number, or just set to the highest value on the path. This prevents the mobs from walking into the ground, but also makes the hopping. I have spent countless hours trying to fix this problem, and I have not been successful. If you zones with hand paths are having the same problems, then maybe it is a hack in the waypoint loading code or something, I dunno.

KhaN
01-25-2005, 10:23 AM
Currently, our problem is as follow :
- Flat zones (Command or DB edit) : NPC move correctly
- Hills zones (Command or DB edit) : NPC have problem with Z axis (you see them jump)

Im not a coder, but i think its something related to NPC and Z axis refresh in code, better for me to explain my idea (take in note i have zero clue how pathing work) :"When NPC move from one WP to another, maybe it doesnt -get- the Z coords between those 2 points (NPC should virtually create a segment between those 2 points to know what its Z axis coords should always be while moving)."