PDA

View Full Version : .....................

solid11
01-26-2005, 11:46 AM
OMG will I ever get a break. Sorry for this post and you don't even need to read it if you don't want, but I need to vent some anger here. It just makes me feel better by typing it out on the forum. I have waited VERY patiently for a month now to get a working copy of emu to start up my own server then there is another patch???? Please say this won't hinder my goals.....I can't take this anymore. I JUST WANT TO MAKE A SERVER OF MY OWN.

Now for a moral/ethical/legal statement. How is getting older file versions from someone else illegal if I legally purchased a copy of EQ myself? All I am doing is converting to a different version. Help me understand this. I have the same files. Ok I'm done, please move on to a more important post.

IATolapumj
01-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Have you even glanced at the rules? quite easy to find what you are looking for there

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17237

mattmeck
01-26-2005, 12:24 PM
this is explained in detail other place so to put it simply, no you dont have the files or you wouldnt need them, and SOE owns the files and nobody but them has permition to hand them out.

solid11
01-27-2005, 10:18 AM
First off, Tola I'm not stupid, I know the rules. What I asked for was an explanation of how "wanting" another "version" of files you already possess legally, is warez. If you think about it, when you connect to live you have no choice but to receive these updated files. If you want to play that is. Oh well, I'm not gonna beat a dead horse, I'll drop it here, if a new emu happens it happens......

Have a nice day

Iamien
02-02-2005, 12:11 PM
Right Before i dl a patch I backup all the files associated with the eqemu so when i wanna play eqemu i just copy from a folder. and whe i want to play live I patch. This is a very east way to fix this prob;em withoiut having 2 eq directories. And once eqemu is live again i suggest you do the same.